Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Russian Invasion of Ukraine

PleaseBlitz

10 hours ago, Fergasun said:

ISW
@TheStudyofWar

Russian troops realizing it’s better to die in Russia than in Ukraine?  What a screwed up battle order.  This would be like Blackwater deciding to fight Department of Defense forces.  This will be an interesting development.

Given how Russian troops have been thrown into a meat grinder without the resources they’d need to have even a chance, it’s actually the smart move. Were I them, I’d certainly rather face Moscow’s degraded armory than western weapons used by competent and motivated Ukrainians. They’ll have to look past Prigo’s use of the same tactics, but sometimes you have to pick one devil over another one. 

1 hour ago, LD0506 said:

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'I NEED A RIDE, NOT AMMUNTION'

Beat me to it!!😂😂😂

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

With all this going on, has anyone thought to check on Tulsi Gabbard and make sure she's ok?

What about Steven Seagal & Tara Reade & good ol' Edward Snowden? 

Not sure the validity of the first post but the Nato post is $$$

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, LD0506 said:

With all this going on, has anyone thought to check on Tulsi Gabbard and make sure she's ok?

Waiting for a "Mission Impossible" moment, when Prigozhin grabs his cheek, slowly rips off his own face, only to reveal Tulsi Gabbard in disguise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Something a bit more solid than the tweet: https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news/russia-ukraine-war-news-06-24-23/index.html

Prigozhin says his forces "are turning our columns around," amid claims of deal brokered by Lukashenko

From CNN's Katharina Krebs and Nathan Hodge

Wagner boss Yevgeny Prigozhin published a new audio recording Saturday claiming he was turning his forces around from a march toward Moscow. 

“We turning our columns around and going back in the other direction toward our field camps, in accordance with the plan,” he said in a message on Telegram.

The announcement comes as the Belarusian government claimed President Alexander Lukashenko had reached a deal with Wagner boss to halt the march of his forces on Moscow. 

"This morning, Russian President Vladimir Putin briefed his Belarusian counterpart on the situation in southern Russia with the private military company Wagner," the statement said. "The heads of state agreed on joint actions.
"As a follow-up to the agreements, the President of Belarus, having being additionally informed on the situation through his own channels, and in agreement with the President of Russia, held talks with the head of Wagner PMC Yevgeny Prigozhin," the statement continued. "Yevgeny Prigozhin accepted the proposal of the President of Belarus Alexander Lukashenko to stop the movement of armed persons of the Wagner company on the territory of Russia and take further steps to de-escalate tensions."

CNN has reached to Prigozhin's office for comment.

• Sad 1
  • Thumb down 1

Maybe the deal is Lukashenko getting his own private military. Dude's gotta feel pretty good for finally being more than just a background dude who nods his head at the right place during speeches.

Edited by NickyJ

2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Maybe the deal is Lukashenko getting his own private military. Dude's gotta feel pretty good for finally being more than just a background dude who nods his head at the right place during speeches.

That is why it sounds like bull**** to me. Why would Wagner give two ****s about Lashenko or believe he has any kind of power to broker a deal Putin will let Prigozhin live with.

alternatively 

Russians are so random!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

For what purpose? To make Putin look weak AF?

To get everyone to look away from where we should be focused.

I’m hoping no one took their eyes off of zaporizhzhia and the border with Belarus.

Edited by MrSilverMaC

I think perhaps maybe Ukraine would rush into the “vacuum” left by Wagner departing and perhaps strain the supply lines/surround them.

Or alternatively if they needed an excuse to move large numbers of troops off of the front lines for a few days to (let’s say launch a nuke) but I don’t think that is it since where Wagner was wouls be too close to Russia for Russia to launch a nuke there.

it has something to do with Belarus though…. Why else would they make lashenko the man.

7 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I don’t think dictators are inclined to trade their legitimacy for some short term tactical advantage. 

Also persuasive 

Maybe Wagner wanted something that was in those two bases…

• Like 1