Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Russian Invasion of Ukraine

PleaseBlitz

I hope Russia pays a painful price for this crime against the civilized world.  I pray for the people of Ukraine. I hope they have the resolve to endure this barbarism.

BREAKING: CNN correspondent Matthew Chance on air live hears explosions in Kyiv.

6 minutes ago, TheGoodBits said:

**** Vladimir Putin. I hope the Russian people one day find the strength to overthrow his regime. I hope he’s still in power to see it all crumbling around him. 

Eh, if he gets a bullet through the brain before he witnesses his downfall I won't shed a tear either.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Well, they aren’t limiting their attack to eastern Ukraine… 

This is going to be a world war. No way it stops here. I can’t imagine the world will just watch this happen knowing if they do it won’t be the last time. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

This is going to be a world war. No way it stops here. I can’t imagine the world will just watch this happen knowing if they do it won’t be the last time. 

America has been steadfast that it won’t send troops. And it won’t even impose serious sanctions targeting Russian energy companies. 

So if not America, who? 

Ukraine will go quietly into the night I fear….

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

America has been steadfast that it won’t send troops. And it won’t even impose serious sanctions targeting Russian energy companies. 

So if not America, who? 

There is no way we stay out of it. I obviously don’t have any answers but I cannot see us just watching this happen. Biden would have watched two allies fall in a years time. We would hold no power globally after this. Even my most cynical self believes these mfers running our government want that threat of strength because somehow they think it benefits them. I just can’t imagine it being a easy fight. 

9 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

So if not America, who? 

Correct. And quickly.

The largest impact on the world beyond Ukraine’s borders will be the economic fallout from the sanctions. And I hope, painful as it may be for Europe and the US, we can push Russia to the brink of being a failed state. 

19 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

So if not America, who? 

Interesting tweet:

Todd Harrison is Director of the Aerospace Security Project and Defense Budget Analysis at the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS)

Edited by Dan T.