Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The XXIV Olympic Winter Games Thread

China

When men figure skating had their first night, I told my family -- "only 5 of the skaters will skate cleanly both nights."  Well, that was a lie because only two of them did.  Out of the entire world only 2 were capable of not falling.  

The gap between Top 4, 5 to 10 and 11 to other competitors was obvious... not even solely because Chen is so dominant.  I found that pretty fascinating... I never really noticed until this year how even at Olympic level its a struggle to be smooth and graceful and Chen plus the 3 Japanese skaters were above the rest of the field.

Here I was thinking that luge was one of the sports I could fall back on because all you have to do is lay flat on your back for a minute. Now you have to be able to do a sit-up to hit a timing paddle? Dreams crushed. Guess I'm all in for skeleton now.

Also, for all your battle-of-the-sexes stuff, here's one for you: Women are doing their luge runs in this team-relay a little more than a second faster than men. I'm bringing this up next I'm told I finished too fast.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 1

Awesome half pipe finals. It sucked how Shaun White's final run went though. Realistically had he even finished it, he probably would have been in 3rd at best. Hurano deserved #1 big time and the #2 guy I think was just getting higher than Shaun White was and don't think he would have gotten any better than moving up to 3rd.

• Thumb up 1