Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

From what I gathered from the story the first offer wasn't accepted.  If it were he would still be here.  Then they offered another.

Doesn't make Rivera a liar.   you can change an offer if its not accepted while its being mulled. 

They were negotiating when they acquired Wentz. Then Ron offered a lower number on a contract, Collins said no and walked.

Yeah Ron’s a proven liar, and shouldn’t lead an apple bobbing contest much less men going to war for you.

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Is your point that Ron is a bad person?

My point is Ron is in control of every facet of the organization.

He’s choosing the players, he’s negotiating with FA, he’s controlling what the compensation will be on trades. And coaches them.

He’s the man with many hats and he is failing in all of them.

6 minutes ago, Riggodrill44 said:

My point is Ron is in control of every facet of the organization.

Every facet, you say? Every single one without exception?

Including ownership? You really trying to make the case that Danny Boy takes his marching orders from Ron lol?

If thats the case, I hope Ron is hard at work on the stadium search and figuring out financing the whole thing. 

32 minutes ago, Riggodrill44 said:

Collins is on a practice squad, not on a 53 man roster. This type of street free agent, has no leverage. They’re trying to stay in the league. Until it’s reported We didn’t circle back to Collins. Right this moment, Ron knows Collins number, poach him from the Giants. Don’t act like this defense doesn’t need help.

OMG, that would be priceless!

40 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Wilson was also under contract for two years and cheap for a QB at that for two years so it put no immediate financial pressure on him to inherit that contract.   We can assume that Dan would have jumped at extending Wilson and also doing the Denver monster contract -- but we don't know that, at a minimum if the past is prologue Dan wouid have unlikely matched the guaranteed money that Denver offered.  For the last 10 years or so this team rarely gave more than 2 years of gunaranteed money, it was actually one of the sticking points in the Kirk negotiation.  Iromically they broke that for Alex and it burned them. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33454258/sources-seattle-seahawks-trade-qb-russell-wilson-denver-broncos

Wilson has two years and $51 million left on the four-year, $140 million extension he signed in April 2019. That includes base salaries of $19 and $22 million, with $5 million March roster bonuses in each year making up the remainder. 

Do you genuinely think that we would have acquired Wilson and not given him a monster contract similar to what he got in Denver. That’s widely unrealistic IMO.

23 hours ago, Kurd Cudins said:

What are his expenses and debts relative to that revenue?

It seems like our latest reported revenues are around 550mil with a net operating income of 130mil. Aside from the COVID impacted year those numbers are consistent with several previous financial years.

Can’t access the information to get to the specifics on cash. The revenue number appears to be net of debt repayments as well. Again, what the finer details of that, don’t know.

Not a bad set of accounts on face value though when you factor in the net asset position. 

Next years would be more telling as they would factor in any potential financial liabilities we foresee in connection to the ongoing investigations, if unresolved.

8 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Do you genuinely think that we would have acquired Wilson and not given him a monster contract similar to what he got in Denver. That’s widely unrealistic IMO.

I can answer this easily (the big hint is as I've made the case is that now versus later is VERY relevant to Dan's siutation according to some) but the discussion will likely go nowhere here because there is little nuance to the discussion when the two of us debate this subject with each other.   I think the lack of nuance is coming completely from you.  You think its coming completely from me.  And the sarcasm starts to roll -- not just from you but from me.  So lets debate other topics because this one is a waste of time on both of our fronts IMO.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Putting a huge salary towards a QB is massively different then paying a quality guard to come here. 

Acquiring a high quality QB  almost immediately sees a return on investment. Ticket sales go up, jerseys sell and other nick nack you can find. The person is instantly recognized as the face of the franchise 

Dan believes he just needs to find that QB and everything is fine. He doesn't realize you still need to build that solid roster around the QB. 

So, QB equals roi right away as to where the other 53 men on the roster does not. 

We've seen Dan be cheap with everything. From office structure including not having a HR to letting a stadium fall apart. I don't see how it is far fetched that he has tightened the belt. 

Ron is not going to have a sit down with Dan and explain to him "yeah, I understand that you're allowing me to spend another 50 million, but I just don't want to waste your money. You've been too kind to us and we will try to win for cheaper. Making my job harder and more challenging is what I'm all about."

And just to be clear, Ron is not going to win on the field. I don't see it. Unless this offseason he decides to gut his entire staff and take a back seat on some things....won't happen though.

When Ron trades for Wentz and takes on the entire contract, that's him saying the team around Wentz is good enough...Especially if he's on a budget.

In regards to Dan....The one thing many people agree on is that he understands marketing.....so you're telling me that year one of a re-brand he's going to penny pinch on the football product?   I don't buy it.  

Edited by FLSkinz83
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, formerly4skins said:

Every facet, you say? Every single one without exception?

Including ownership? You really trying to make the case that Danny Boy takes his marching orders from Ron lol?

If thats the case, I hope Ron is hard at work on the stadium search and figuring out financing the whole thing. 

This is where you’re stuck? He’s not the owner, ok.

Dan gave him total control , do you doubt that? Proof that he doesn’t have control? No you don’t. Just posting asinine stuff.

1 minute ago, FLSkinz83 said:

When Ron trades for Wentz and takes on the entire contract, that's him saying the team around Wentz is good enough...Especially if he's on a budget.

In regards to Dan....The one thing many people agree on is that's he understands marketing.....so you're telling me that year one of a re-brand he's going to penny pinch on the football product?   I don't buy it.  

Yep I don’t buy it either. You don’t rebrand then actively restrict your ability to improve the on field product. 

1 hour ago, Riggodrill44 said:

Why don’t you post any number on how much Dan is spending to run the team. Blindly saying my number lacks content with you no number rebuttal is a worse look.

I'm not trying to prove Dan is cash poor. I was saying your argument is incomplete and lacks value. You continue to validate me.

8 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Putting a huge salary towards a QB is massively different then paying a quality guard to come here. 

Acquiring a high quality QB  almost immediately sees a return on investment. Ticket sales go up, jerseys sell and other nick nack you can find. The person is instantly recognized as the face of the franchise 

Dan believes he just needs to find that QB and everything is fine. He doesn't realize you still need to build that solid roster around the QB. 

So, QB equals roi right away as to where the other 53 men on the roster does not. 

We've seen Dan be cheap with everything. From office structure including not having a HR to letting a stadium fall apart. I don't see how it is far fetched that he has tightened the belt. 

Ron is not going to have a sit down with Dan and explain to him "yeah, I understand that you're allowing me to spend another 50 million, but I just don't want to waste your money. You've been too kind to us and we will try to win for cheaper. Making my job harder and more challenging is what I'm all about."

And just to be clear, Ron is not going to win on the field. I don't see it. Unless this offseason he decides to gut his entire staff and take a back seat on some things....won't happen though.

This thinking is flat out scary. How long has Ron been in charge? He acquired 90% of this roster and they suck. The coaches he has gotten suck. Everything about the team sucks AND RON DID THIS!

For sure Dan has his part in this but after 3 years and he has a lower winning percentage than Gruden. Gruden was one of the worst hires ever and RON IS WORST!

Just now, Kurd Cudins said:

I'm not trying to prove Dan is cash poor. I was saying your argument is incomplete and lacks value. You continue to validate me.

No you validate me. I showed revenue, Dan doing what rich people do, using other peoples money to pay for an asset, like getting 1/2 billion dollars makes you poorer. I should be so poor.

1 minute ago, Riggodrill44 said:

This thinking is flat out scary. How long has Ron been in charge? He acquired 90% of this roster and they suck. The coaches he has gotten suck. Everything about the team sucks AND RON DID THIS!

For sure Dan has his part in this but after 3 years and he has a lower winning percentage than Gruden. Gruden was one of the worst hires ever and RON IS WORST!

A lot of things are scary, that post is not one of them. But it's October so I'll go with it....booooooooo. 

Anyways, I can end this once and for all.......when was the last time Dan was at Morton picking his new favorite player?

1 minute ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

A lot of things are scary, that post is not one of them. But it's October so I'll go with it....booooooooo. 

Anyways, I can end this once and for all.......when was the last time Dan was at Morton picking his new favorite player?

He doesn’t have to go there, 200 million super yachts with chef.

26 minutes ago, Riggodrill44 said:

This is where you’re stuck? He’s not the owner, ok.

Dan gave him total control , do you doubt that? Proof that he doesn’t have control? No you don’t. Just posting asinine stuff.

I actually agree here.

But can you also acknowledge that there are several reports from agents that they don’t even really consider Washington and that limits the talent pool Ron can bring in?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Riggodrill44 said:

He doesn’t have to go there, 200 million super yachts with chef.

Curious, you’ve been here since 2003. I don’t recognize your name at all, that’s not meant to be a put down at all, just an observation. But, what has made you come in here make this a hill your willing to die on?

There is nothing more Snyder’s pro football team than a week 5 debate between posters over how the head coach is awful and everything is his fault because “Dan didn’t X this time”.  

Remember the Shanny debates?  

“But, but, but he had all the power” 

Come to find out his fingerprints were all over everything.

Yet, some folks to this day - will insist every coach leaves here and makes stuff up so they have an excuse for their failure.  Literally all of these coaches (minus Zorn) got hired here because they had a good reputation.  I guess it’s just coincidence that literally every coach that coaches here, simply cannot win and ultimately leaves a shell of themselves?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Riggodrill44 said:

He’s not the owner, ok.

Exactly, and that's why your unequivocal statement that "Ron is in control of every facet of the organization" is as silly as it is incorrect. 

Dan gave him total control , do you doubt that?

Oh, god yes I do lol. 

Proof that he doesn’t have control?

Past performance is generally the greatest indicator of future behavior, and we've been down this same road before. This is not the first time Danny Boy has erroneously "ceded full control of the team"...see Shanahan, Mike for reference. Dude had "full control" as HC and team Exec. VP written into in his contract, but in reality didn't even get to run his own draft room. 

Edited by formerly4skins

40 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I actually agree here.

But can you also acknowledge that there are several reports from agents that they don’t even really consider Washington and that limits the talent pool Ron can bring in?

Guys out of work aren’t coming here? How does that make sense?

29 minutes ago, formerly4skins said:

Exactly, and that's why your unequivocal statement that "Ron is in control of every facet of the organization" is as silly as it is incorrect. 

Oh, god yes I do lol. 

Past performance is generally the greatest indicator of future behavior, and we've been down this same road before. This is not the first time Danny Boy has erroneously "ceded full control of the team"...see Shanahan, Mike for reference. Dude had "full control" as HC and team Exec. VP written into in his contract, but in reality didn't even get to run his own draft room. 

Shanahan was never given control like Ron. Shanahan wasn’t the GM , or cap guy or the chief negotiator.

41 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Curious, you’ve been here since 2003. I don’t recognize your name at all, that’s not meant to be a put down at all, just an observation. But, what has made you come in here make this a hill your willing to die on?

I’ve always been here. I’m just not drinking the kool aid anymore.

Tired of Dan, tired of Ron, I truly hate them both for destroying a great franchise and making it the laughingstock of professional sports.

30 minutes ago, Kurd Cudins said:

Sounds a lot like Bernie Madoff.  

Bernie didn’t acquire assets, he just took your money. Not at all the same.

11 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

There is nothing more Snyder’s pro football team than a week 5 debate between posters over how the head coach is awful and everything is his fault because “Dan didn’t X this time”.  

Remember the Shanny debates?  

“But, but, but he had all the power” 

Come to find out his fingerprints were all over everything.

Yet, some folks to this day - will insist every coach leaves here and makes stuff up so they have an excuse for their failure.  Literally all of these coaches (minus Zorn) got hired here because they had a good reputation.  I guess it’s just coincidence that literally every coach that coaches here, simply cannot win and ultimately leaves a shell of themselves?  

Great post.  This is version 4 of the coach centric method.  Apparently Shanny had all the power in the world.  We find our later that was far from true.

But lets bet again on Dan?

6 minutes ago, Riggodrill44 said:

I’ve always been here. I’m just not drinking the kool aid anymore.

Tired of Dan, tired of Ron, I truly hate them both for destroying a great franchise and making it the laughingstock of professional sports.

Bernie didn’t acquire assets, he just took your money. Not at all the same.

Nobody here is drinking any kool aid. This franchise has been run into the ground for 30 years and there is a common denominator. 

Every coach that comes through here sucks for some "unknown" reason and by year 3 the coaches are 100% to blame. They either quit or are run out of town and the next wave begins. 

Ron didn't ruin this franchise. He's bought some legitimacy to it off the field. He's not to blame for this teams demise. 

But, whatevs...I'm done 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Riggodrill44 said:

Guys out of work aren’t coming here? How does that make sense?

Shanahan was never given control like Ron. Shanahan wasn’t the GM , or cap guy or the chief negotiator.

Ron isn't the cap guy,  Rob Rogers is.  Shanny if anything was probably more involved in personnel, he considered himself the defacto top evaluator for the draft among other things.  Ron from what's been said delgates it.