Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

19 minutes ago, Riggodrill44 said:

You haven’t proved a single thing. You’re speculating as much as me. 

Ron is in control, undisputed. He’s the one not improving the roster. Your conspiracy of why is just your delusion.

Good lord, do you not read anything but your 1000 word post?

Ron is anti Dan. He’s RESPONSIBLE, NOT IMPULSIVE, got it!

Your conspiracy of why not is just your delusion. See? We can both say ridiculous things to one another that don’t further the conversation in any way. 

But to be honest, you’re coming across as ultra abrasive here. Like you have a stake in the game beyond fanship.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Your conspiracy of why not is just your delusion. See? We can both say ridiculous things to one another that don’t further the conversation in any way. 

But to be honest, you’re coming across as ultra abrasive here. Like you have a stake in the game beyond fanship.

Y’all act like you own the board because you post the most.

You don’t even care that I might be right because you, already know you’re right.

Ron is in control of the whole thing and you can’t dispute that. Y’all start with a conspiracy to have a reason why? So now Ron isn’t in charge, must be Dan not spending to improve the roster.

And you have no proof that’s happening, but you go on and on like  the proof is because you said it.

• Thumb down 1

9 minutes ago, Riggodrill44 said:

Y’all act like you own the board because you post the most.

You don’t even care that I might be right because you, already know you’re right.

Ron is in control of the whole thing and you can’t dispute that. Y’all start with a conspiracy to have a reason why? So now Ron isn’t in charge, must be Dan not spending to improve the roster.

And you have no proof that’s happening, but you go on and on like  the proof is because you said it.

I don’t care that you might be right because you’ve posted nothing to change my opinion. Are you in the habit of changing your opinion when someone doesn’t convey a strong case to do so?

You're allowed your opinion. Not a single person has said you can’t express it. But expressing it doesn’t mean people have to agree with you. People aren’t agreeing with you. Doesn’t make you wrong or us right. But it does mean your take isn’t a popular one. No biggie.

Don't take it so personal.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I don’t care that you might be right because you’ve posted nothing to change my opinion. Are you in the habit of changing your opinion when someone doesn’t convey a strong case to do so?

You're allowed your opinion. Not a single person has said you can’t express it. But expressing it doesn’t mean people have to agree with you. People aren’t agreeing with you. Doesn’t make you wrong or us right. But it does mean your take isn’t a popular one. No biggie.

Don't take it so personal.

I haven’t taken it personally. I don’t care if you or anyone believes me.

I just know that when Ron was hired, he was given control of the franchise. To do what he deemed necessary.

He has. That’s all.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, KDawg said:

I'm not giving Rivera too much credit.

Look at the immaculate FA signings we've made. First there was... uhh... uhm... and then there was... David Obada!

His best FA acquisition may be Curtis Samuel and he missed his entire first season with us.

And again, Landon Collins signed here to live out his dream and now... he's no longer here.

I'm saying that Rivera is the reason we even get to have conversations with a lot of these guys, but it's not just Rivera that would allow that. Sean Payton would get those conversations and more. There's a bunch of coaches that could garner those conversations and even some with elite guys... but here's the issue: Most aren't delusional enough to come to DC and think they can turn this trainwreck around with Snyder in office.

I think we may be able to sucker someone... I mean... get someone... if we have the number one pick and some offensive guy is searching for a head coaching spot and they just need their guy. 

Collins isn’t here anymore because he didn’t live up to his contract, he only preformed as a viper style box safety. And we all wanted cut when he was playing his traditional position, let’s not get carried away here. 

• Thumb up 1

A lot of these businessmen are stingy with their money. They’ll only invest in something if they see a huge payout in the end. Snyder used to hand massive contracts to everyone. He had to get them here, however, for his efforts, combined with being a dumbass, this teams fan base has shrunk to a small portion of what it was a couple of decades ago.

Why would Dan continue to spend obscene amounts of money to players, only to lose on the field and continue to lose the fan base. He was spending money to make money. He sees that it’s not that simple and his investments haven’t paid off.

There aren’t many busniessmen who are stubborn enough to lose money and still invest tons into what they are losing. They evaluate their losses and either go forth in a more frugal manner or they cut ties completely with what they are losing on.

One thing we were always able to hang our hat on was that Dan would outspend anyone for anybody. Whether it was right or wrong, that’s what he did and that could be taken as trying. Now we have the frugal Dan who has even been rumored to be cutting players away costs, such as food.

I agree with the others here saying that Dan has a lot going on. Tons of legal battles. A really bad rebranding that has completely failed. Looking for a new stadium. Those 3 things cost a crapload of money. 

If I was a businessman and did not see a return on my investment, then I would stop spending as well. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

9 hours ago, Riggodrill44 said:

Like you presented some numbers. How moronic.

I showed where the team in one year got paid 330 million dollars, absolutely just one revenue stream.

but he’s cheap/ broke??? 

Your original idea was that Dan Snyder is not cash poor, as others have suggested. You presented a one sided number. I asked you to further explain based on more complete information. Your response is to reiterate the same number. Not a good look.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, max21 said:

Collins isn’t here anymore because he didn’t live up to his contract, he only preformed as a viper style box safety. And we all wanted cut when he was playing his traditional position, let’s not get carried away here. 

I didn’t say otherwise. Someone else brought up Collins. I said he wasn’t here.

7 hours ago, Riggodrill44 said:

I haven’t taken it personally. I don’t care if you or anyone believes me.

I just know that when Ron was hired, he was given control of the franchise. To do what he deemed necessary.

He has. That’s all.

I think you think I’m saying Rivera has knocked it out of the park. I don’t. I think Rivera has missed on a lot of things that I believe he ultimately controls. But I think the personnel aspect goes beyond him. I think we have a limited pool of FA available to us regardless of Snyder’s cash flow (or lack of). People don’t want to play for this organization because of what Snyder has done to it.

But I think Rivera, as a man, provides a larger FA pool for this franchise than many other coaches would for us that were delusional enough to come to this situation.

A guy like Sean Payton would open the door much more than Rivera. But the chances of him coming here are bottom of the barrel.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

11 hours ago, KDawg said:

Keep in mind there are costs that go into running a team and it’s a very high number. 

In 2017 the Packers paid ~$420M to operate the team.

Some teams are more costly and some are less.

Now take into account an entire re-branding and several lawsuits and whatever behind the scenes payouts.

Now keep in mind that Snyder can still be asset rich and cash poor. What that means isn’t that he’s “poor” like I am. But he’s poor in the sense of an NFL owner. 

Why is that far fetched to people?

Yep and how about a 450 million dollar loan to buy out his partners and the dude might have to finance a stadium in the near future all by himself.  We got lawsuits where Dan is crying about his cash flow and stiffing minority owners at the time and Bruce more recently.  Ron saying hey camp in Richmond is expensive, so we can't do it this time.  We got Sheehan said he heard Dan is cutting back on meals and travel expenses for the players-coaches.  Several beat guys in the off season suggesting there was a budget imposed by Dan.  But yeah everyone is just making this stuff up because like always  with stories about Dan, he is always vindicated in the end where we find out at the end he's just a swell guy who deserved the benefit of the doubt. :ols:.   

A league spokesman confirmed that the owners on the finance committee, which reviews potential ownership transactions, recommended ratification of a waiver that would enable Snyder to take on an additional $450 million in debt. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Riggodrill44 said:

I think the point you are making is Ron is in charge and he alone is making the decisions and in your mind that would include prorating money which requires Dan to pony up money now for players in signing bonuses.  So in effect, Dan if anything is the eager beaver willing to do it and Ron says hey Dan I appreciate your generosity but I will put the brakes on doing that so hold on to your wallet. 

We are saying in response that Dan isn't the eager beaver on a number of fronts to spend money -- example after example of it.   And his finances are challenged in ways that are new to him -- ala the whopping 450 million dollar to loan he had to take out and he's on a quest for a 2 billion dollar stadiium.   Dan was cheap in recent years before he even dealt with these hurdles.

Also since when does a coach's power also extend to him deciding how much cash the owner should put up?  That's a WAY different drill than picking the players.  

I work on campaigns for a living.  I am often in charge of the campaigns spending that's given to me.   The candidate either raises the money or puts in their own.  But I can't tell the dude, hey its cute that you gave me this amount of money to spend but write me a bigger check and that's totally my call --  its about the dude writing the actual check.   So while I make the calls as to what to do with the money alloted to me -- I have nothing to do with the budget itself that I am given.

Your point is that Dan has the resources so that alone is proof that the resources are available.  I've worked for many multiple millionaires, some who are close to billionaires.  Them having money and being willing to spend it are two VERY different things.  Some of them are cheap as heck.  Your other point is them ponying up millions of money now is no different then them doing it years later -- that's also not true.  Albert Breer wrote a long article about this, which was posted about why owners want to hold on to their money now versus later -- short version of that is when you can make an 10 million or whatever on interest by having that money now versus it being dead money in escrow -- it matters to these owners.

This point has been debated for months here.  There are few who disagree about Dan's cash flow.  I disagree with them based on what I've heard (but granted no way to know for sure) but its not even my operative point.  IMO it doesn't have to be Dan's cash flow.  Lets say Dan's cash flow is fine.  Regardless, its documented that Dan is cheap as heck.  And I've worked with plenty of rich dudes who are uber cheap -- money doesn't equal generosity -- sometimes it does but sometimes it doesn't.  Dan has been cheap over even minor things.

If your whole point is about anger directed to Ron.  OK I get the anger.  The 1-3 start is brutal.  But it doesn't IMO change the facts that there is a very good chance that Dan is a party to this. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kurd Cudins said:

Your original idea was that Dan Snyder is not cash poor, as others have suggested. You presented a one sided number. I asked you to further explain based on more complete information. Your response is to reiterate the same number. Not a good look.

Why don’t you post any number on how much Dan is spending to run the team. Blindly saying my number lacks content with you no number rebuttal is a worse look.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think the point you are making is Ron is in charge and he alone is making the decisions and in your mind that would include prorating money which requires Dan to pony up money now for players in signing bonuses.  So in effect, Dan if anything is the eager beaver willing to do it and Ron says hey Dan I appreciate your generosity but I will put the brakes on doing that so hold on to your wallet. 

We are saying in response that Dan isn't the eager beaver on a number of fronts to spend money -- example after example of it.   And his finances are challenged in ways that are new to him -- ala the whopping 450 million dollar to loan he had to take out and he's on a quest for a 2 billion dollar stadiium.   Dan was cheap in recent years before he even dealt with these hurdles.

Also since when does a coach's power also extend to him deciding how much cash the owner should put up?  That's a WAY different drill than picking the players.  

I work on campaigns for a living.  I am often in charge of the campaigns spending that's given to me.   The candidate either raises the money or puts in their own.  But I can't tell the dude, hey its cute that you gave me this amount of money to spend but write me a bigger check and that's totally my call -- not you the dude who is writing the actual check.   So while I make the calls as to what to do with the money alloted to me -- I have nothing to do with the budget itself that I am given.

Your point is that Dan has the resources so that alone is proof that the resources are available.  I've worked for many multiple millionaires, some who are close to billionaires.  Them having money and being willing to spend it are two VERY different things.  Some of them are cheap as heck.  Your other point is them ponying up millions of money now is no different then them doing it years later -- that's also not true.  Albert Breer wrote a long article about this, which was posted about why owners want to hold on to their money now versus later -- short version of that is when you can make an 10 million or whatever on interest by having that money now versus it being dead money in escrow -- it matters to these owners.

This point has been debated for months here.  There are few who disagree about Dan's cash flow.  I disagree with them based on what I've heard (but granted no way to know for sure) but its not even my operative point.  IMO it doesn't have to be Dan's cash flow.  Lets say Dan's cash flow is fine.  Regardless, its documented that Dan is cheap as heck.  And I've worked with plenty of rich dudes who are uber cheap -- money doesn't equal generosity -- sometimes it does but sometimes it doesn't.  Dan has been cheap over even minor things.

If your whole point is about anger directed to Ron.  OK I get the anger.  The 1-3 start is brutal.  But it doesn't IMO change the facts that there is a very good chance that Dan is a party to this. 

30-40 million dollars in an accounting.

Cap is 208, million. We could create cap space or blow that number away and spend until we reach 250 million.

I think we have 7-8 million in cap space right now. There isn’t a free agent we couldn’t afford. 

I believe Collins would be here if Ron could swallow his pride.

I want Ron the GM gone more than Ron the coach.

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep and how about a 450 million dollar loan to buy out his partners and the dude might have to finance a stadium in the near future all by himself.  We got lawsuits where Dan is crying about his cash flow and stiffing minority owners at the time and Bruce more recently.  Ron saying hey camp in Richmond is expensive, so we can't do it this time.  We got Sheehan said he heard Dan is cutting back on meals and travel expenses for the players-coaches.  Several beat guys in the off season suggesting there was a budget imposed by Dan.  But yeah everyone is just making this stuff up because like always  with stories about Dan, he is always vindicated in the end where we find out at the end he's just a swell guy who deserved the benefit of the doubt. :ols:.   

A league spokesman confirmed that the owners on the finance committee, which reviews potential ownership transactions, recommended ratification of a waiver that would enable Snyder to take on an additional $450 million in debt. 

He got a loan, see he has a loan for half a billion dollars. 

You keep saying he doesn’t have money. Tell me again how he doesn’t have money to adequately run the team.

30-40 million more in accounting 

11 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

That’s a bridge you cross if you get there.  They were thousands of miles from that bridge.

No the point being, if Snyder sanctioned that trade attempt he must have been in a position to fund any subsequent contract.

20 minutes ago, Riggodrill44 said:

30-40 million dollars in an accounting.

Cap is 208, million. We could create cap space or blow that number away and spend until we reach 250 million.

I think we have 7-8 million in cap space right now. There isn’t a free agent we couldn’t afford. 

I believe Collins would be here if Ron could swallow his pride.

I want Ron the GM gone more than Ron the coach.

According to Keim, it was likely Collins who had to swallow his pride.  They offered him a contract but as Keim said players often don't like to return to the same team for less money from a pride standpoint. 

Your posts seem to be driven by anger at Ron.  I get the anger.  But you are giving Dan a pass here IMO and he doesn't deserve one.  It's ok to be angry at two people at the same time.  There could be two people responsible for the same problem for different reasons -- it doesn't have to be only one.

Dan is a train wreck for many reasons.  But the two in play with FA...

A.  Players don't want to play here.  That's documented.  Agents have flat out said so.  I posted sometihing from B. Marshall saying the same thing.  that's not because of Rivera.  Same agents said Rivera is what makes this place more attractive.  It's because of Dan.

B. Dan is a cheap dude on many fronts.  I gather you think the beat guys are full of crap and are wrong about their thoughts about there being a budget.  You think the other aspects of Dan being cheap have no relevance to him being cheap on this front.  And I gather the other stories from Sheehan for example about Dan cutting back on travel expenses and food on the road for players-coaches -- is just stuff that he's making up?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

That’s a bridge you cross if you get there.  They were thousands of miles from that bridge.

Wilson was also under contract for two years and cheap for a QB at that for two years so it put no immediate financial pressure on him to inherit that contract.   We can assume that Dan would have jumped at extending Wilson and also doing the Denver monster contract -- but we don't know that, at a minimum if the past is prologue Dan wouid have unlikely matched the guaranteed money that Denver offered.  For the last 10 years or so this team rarely gave more than 2 years of gunaranteed money, it was actually one of the sticking points in the Kirk negotiation.  Iromically they broke that for Alex and it burned them. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33454258/sources-seattle-seahawks-trade-qb-russell-wilson-denver-broncos

Wilson has two years and $51 million left on the four-year, $140 million extension he signed in April 2019. That includes base salaries of $19 and $22 million, with $5 million March roster bonuses in each year making up the remainder. 

I’m not giving Dan any kind of pass. He’s the one that has destroyed the franchise.

Ron talks a good game but, he’s a proven liar.

Collins is on a practice squad, not on a 53 man roster. This type of street free agent, has no leverage. They’re trying to stay in the league. Until it’s reported We didn’t circle back to Collins. Right this moment, Ron knows Collins number, poach him from the Giants. Don’t act like this defense doesn’t need help.

Edited by Riggodrill44

2 minutes ago, Riggodrill44 said:

I’m not giving Dan any kind of pass. He’s the one that has destroyed the franchise.

Ron talks a good game but, he’s a proven liar.

Collins is on a practice squad, not on a 53 man roster. This type of street free agent, has no leverage. They’re trying to stay away in the league. Until it’s reported We didn’t circle back to Collins. Right this moment, Ron knows Collins number, poach him from the Giants. Don’t act like this defense doesn’t need help.

Ron is a liar?

Apparently John Keim is a liar too when he said they offered Collins a contract?

I guess both Keim's and Rivera's reputation is BS.  The league has Rivera pegged wrong and Keim is pegged wrong I gather from his colleagues, too?

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Ron is a liar?

Apparently John Keim is a liar too when he said they offered Collins a contract?

I guess both Keim's and Rivera's reputation is BS.  The league has Rivera pegged wrong and Keim is pegged wrong I gather from his colleagues, too?

I know they offered 2 contracts. We one before Wentz and one after.

If he offered him the first contract and then reneged, doesn’t that make him a liar? His word means nothing.

3 minutes ago, Riggodrill44 said:

I know they offered 2 contracts. We one before Wentz and one after.

If he offered him the first contract and then reneged, doesn’t that make him a liar? His word means nothing.

From what I gathered from the story the first offer wasn't accepted.  If it were he would still be here.  Then they offered another.

Doesn't make Rivera a liar.   you can change an offer if its not accepted while its being mulled.