Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

My man hates Dan AND Ron for ruining this great franchise.

Make it make sense.

Ron hasn’t even been here a full 3 years.  Dude shows up on the heels of “Fire Bruce Allen” and “Sell the team” chants bellowing from a near empty stadium that would be empty if not for opposing fans.

He inherited an elite left tackle that had enough of this franchise and a 2nd year overdrafted but hand picked by the owner QB.

Shortly thereafter, he got cancer, the team was in the news for the owners sexual harassment allegations, and they were forced to change the team name.

But yeah, he helped to ruin this “great” franchise.  GTFOH.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

29 minutes ago, Riggodrill44 said:

Guys out of work aren’t coming here? How does that make sense?

Shanahan was never given control like Ron. Shanahan wasn’t the GM , or cap guy or the chief negotiator.

Guys out of work aren’t coming here because they have options. If you mean the current crop of guys out of work I don’t exactly see a line forming, either, but they aren’t who I meant.

You’re tough to have a rational conversation with.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Riggodrill44 said:

Shanahan was never given control

His contract said he was...

"After an afternoon of negotiations produced an agreement, Mike Shanahan signed a five-year contract to become executive vice president and head coach for the Washington Redskins.

Under the terms of the new deal, Shanahan will team with Redskins executive vice president and general manager Bruce Allen, but Shanahan will have the ultimate authority on football decisions."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=4799532

Now, in reality, I do agree that was not the case. And, while I don't think Danny is outright making personel decisions (like drafting Bob) for Ron like he did for Shanny...I think it's foolish to believe he's not meddling in the background, foreground, or wherever he likes. 

43 minutes ago, Riggodrill44 said:

Shanahan wasn’t the GM , or cap guy or the chief negotiator.

Ron isn't GM either, Martin Mayhew is. I don't think Ron is the cap guy crunching the numbers either, though I can't put a name to the front office person who is. 

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

My man hates Dan AND Ron for ruining this great franchise.

Make it make sense.

Ron hasn’t even been here a full 3 years.  Dude shows up on the heels of “Fire Bruce Allen” and “Sell the team” chants bellowing from a near empty stadium that would be empty if not for opposing fans.

He inherited an elite left tackle that had enough of this franchise and a 2nd year overdrafted but hand picked by the owner QB.

Shortly thereafter, he got cancer, the team was in the news for the owners sexual harassment allegations, and they were forced to change the team name.

But yeah, he helped to ruin this “great” franchise.  GTFOH.

Are you arguing this isn’t a clown show? You GTFOH

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Guys out of work aren’t coming here because they have options. If you mean the current crop of guys out of work I don’t exactly see a line forming, either, but they aren’t who I meant.

You’re tough to have a rational conversation with.

The hell you say? OUT OF WORK…HAVE OPTIONS??? Excuse me, if they had options they wouldn’t be out of work.

Edited by Riggodrill44

18 minutes ago, Riggodrill44 said:

Are you arguing this isn’t a clown show? You GTFOH

The hell you say? OUT OF WORK…HAVE OPTIONS??? Excuse me, if they had options they wouldn’t be out of work.

I… don’t think you understand.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Riggodrill44 said:

Are you okay man? He’s talking about Free Agency. Those guys that he’s talking about aren’t “out of work”, it’s more like every high profile recruiter in the nation is offering them jobs. Those are the guys who don’t want to come here. The desirable FA’s. 

You seem to be talking about the bottom of the barrel scrapings that are available right now in week 5, in-season. Different conversation. 

Edited by Conn

11 minutes ago, Conn said:

Are you okay man? He’s talking about Free Agency. Those guys that he’s talking about aren’t “out of work”, it’s more like every high profile recruiter in the nation is offering them jobs. Those are the guys who don’t want to come here. The desirable FA’s. 

You seem to be talking about the bottom of the barrel scrapings that are available right now in week 5, in-season. Different conversation. 

We ARE THE BOTTOM OF THE BARREL. If they have options they wouldn’t be out of work.

Just now, Riggodrill44 said:

We ARE THE BOTTOM OF THE BARREL. If they have options they wouldn’t be out of work.

buddy we are talking about real Free Agency in March/April. Those guys aren’t “out of work” they are awaiting big contracts for the most part. We aren’t talking about right now. It’s the real desirable FA’s, in the Spring, who won’t come here for the most part. Nobody gives a **** about the dudes right now in week 5. That’s not what KDawg was talking about. Make sure you’re having the same conversation as the other person before flipping your lid. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Conn said:

buddy we are talking about real Free Agency in March/April. Those guys aren’t “out of work” they are awaiting big contracts for the most part. We aren’t talking about right now. It’s the real desirable FA’s, in the Spring, who won’t come here for the most part. Nobody gives a **** about the dudes right now in week 5. That’s not what KDawg was talking about. Make sure you’re having the same conversation as the other person before flipping your lid. 

Was Collins one of your FA that had options? Was Anthony Barr one? 

10 minutes ago, Riggodrill44 said:

Was Collins one of your FA that had options? Was Anthony Barr one? 

I see what’s going on here. Don’t worry, the NFL and NFLPA just agreed on a revamp of the concussion protocol so this won’t happen to you again. Can’t believe the mods just put you back on the field to post after the hits you’ve been taking. 

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, Conn said:

I see what’s going on here. Don’t worry, the NFL and NFLPA just agreed on a revamp of the concussion protocol so this won’t happen to you again. Can’t believe the mods just put you back on the field to post after the hits you’ve been taking. 

Man you’re funny. So they had options, they were just not going to sign with us because other teams were offering them a roster spot. 

Oh yeah, I think it might be you that needs to head for the concussion tent.

• Thumb down 1

At what point does the team just sign anyone who isn't Nick Martin at center? How much worse does a player need to be to get cut? You could probably sign a UDFA who didn't even make it through training camp and you wouldn't be any worse off. Not being able to block is bad enough. If your center can't snap, you can't really call him a center.

Ron and his band of merry Idiot evaluators are some of the worst i have ever seen. We should thank the lucky stars that he didnt get Russel Wilson and gave up Wash next 4 drafts for a washed up QB that can't function from the pocket and refuses to move. 

16 hours ago, Riggodrill44 said:

Man you’re funny. So they had options, they were just not going to sign with us because other teams were offering them a roster spot. 

Oh yeah, I think it might be you that needs to head for the concussion tent.

This ties into the other theories that you don’t care to piece together. We don’t have the cap space to sign Anthony Barr. And, quite frankly, an Anthony Barr could have work if he wanted it. He’s waiting for something specific, be it cash or situation. 

He would have gotten neither from the Commanders.

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

This ties into the other theories that you don’t care to piece together. We don’t have the cap space to sign Anthony Barr. And, quite frankly, an Anthony Barr could have work if he wanted it. He’s waiting for something specific, be it cash or situation. 

He would have gotten neither from the Commanders.

No it doesn’t. It’s you making an argument that we don’t have money to sign guys. Not only that, the “I have option “ guys refuse to sign here because our money isn’t green.

I’ve always said, Ron is choosing not to renegotiate any contract that pushes money into future cap space. Then he does it for our broken center. Someone needs to stop him!

If I told you what I was arguing, would you be capable of understanding it and sticking to the subject? 😭

You and a few other posters are going to die on the hill that Dan is cheap/ broke, while he is on vacation on his mega yacht. 

3 minutes ago, Riggodrill44 said:

You and a few other posters are going to die on the hill that Dan is cheap/ broke, while he is on vacation on his mega yacht. 

As has been explained to you on numerous occasions and you’ve shown zero ability to comprehend it - cheap and broke are two entirely different things.

Nobody is arguing that Dan is broke or anywhere close to it.

However there is plenty, both historically and current, to suggest that he is cheap, when it comes to this football team.  It’s like you are living in 2009 and backing the Brinks truck up for Haynesworth is how you gauge whether he’s cheap or not.  Your point of view is both outdated and wrong, which I’d guess is not only isolated to how you view the football team.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

As has been explained to you on numerous occasions and you’ve shown zero ability to comprehend it - cheap and broke are two entirely different things.

Nobody is arguing that Dan is broke or anywhere close to it.

However there is plenty, both historically and current, to suggest that he is cheap, when it comes to this football team.  It’s like you are living in 2009 and backing the Brinks truck up for Haynesworth is how you gauge whether he’s cheap or not.  Your point of view is both outdated and wrong, which I’d guess is not only isolated to how you view the football team.

No it doesn’t. Just because you want to believe that, I don’t see it that way. Ron is doing all of this.