Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

12 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I've been a fan of both all my life. Stepped away from the eagles when they brought Vick in, but now that we're the Commodes I've shifted back that way a lot.

I like you even more. Because I feel deeply sorry for you. I mean I get punished being a Commanders fan in NFL and Kings Fan in NBA. But you are a Commanders AND Eagles fan. Man you get punished twice in one sport. Thats gotta be painful. Either way you'll always be good in my book :)

Edited by HoggLife
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Well, the recently most talked about FA is off the board. Luckily we have Butler to ease the need!

Saints signed S Tyrann Mathieu, formerly of the Chiefs.

The contract details are unknown and the deal is unlikely to be made official until after 4 PM eastern on May 2, after which free agents no longer count against the compensatory draft pick formula. Mathieu turns 30 in May, but his departure from the Chiefs had as much to do with their cap situation as his age. He was a critical component of the Chiefs' defense since joining them in 2019. The Saints ranked second in Pro Football Focus' coverage grades last season and Mathieu's presence should help the Saints maintain an elite level of play on the backend.

RELATED: 
May 2, 2022, 9:42 AM ET

Edited by DWinzit

24 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Well, the recently most talked about FA is off the board. Luckily we have Butler to ease the need!

Saints signed S Tyrann Mathieu, formerly of the Chiefs.

The contract details are unknown and the deal is unlikely to be made official until after 4 PM eastern on May 2, after which free agents no longer count against the compensatory draft pick formula. Mathieu turns 30 in May, but his departure from the Chiefs had as much to do with their cap situation as his age. He was a critical component of the Chiefs' defense since joining them in 2019. The Saints ranked second in Pro Football Focus' coverage grades last season and Mathieu's presence should help the Saints maintain an elite level of play on the backend.

RELATED: 
May 2, 2022, 9:42 AM ET

Ya sounds like we have been in talks with Cillins so don't think we ever had the chance for Honey Badger. Plus he wanted to play for the Saints.

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I've been a fan of both all my life. Stepped away from the eagles when they brought Vick in, but now that we're the Commodes I've shifted back that way a lot.

I went to college in Philly, and lived there about 12 years.   Wife is an Eagles fan.  As an Os fan, I can root for Phillies. 

That being said,  IDK how you do it.   **** the Eagles.   Haha. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

OL Depth coming into view.

LT: Leno

LG: Norwell

OC: Roullier

RG: Turner

RT: Cosmi

Depth: Charles, Schweizer, Lucas, Paul 

Working towards:

LT Oher

LG Norwell

C Kalil

RG Turner

RT Remmers

2015 Panthers

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

11 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I would say Turner had to beat out Schweitzer, Schweitzer played well when filling in for Scherff last year. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Also have Larson.  Will they keep 10 OL, or will Paul and Charles compete for that 9th spot?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Also have Larson.  Will they keep 10 OL, or will Paul and Charles compete for that 9th spot?

I like the Turner and Norwell signings and our depth suddenly looks a lot better. Many on here were confused when we released Flowers and let Schreff go but we got significantly cheaper along the entire line and I don’t believe any worse off. 

• Like 6

I have faith our O line will be every bit as good as last year if not better. 3 mil for a 28 year old potential starter is wonderful.

And just like every OL we've signed, I fully expect them to have their best year under Matsko. He took Flowers to the next level, and I can see him getting the best out of both Turner and Norwell as well.

We've got a real solid staff here in Washington.

Now we just need to stop neglecting Linebacker and get some competition there along with Landon or whoever the solution at Buffalo will be.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

I like the Turner and Norwell signings and our depth suddenly looks a lot better. Many on here were confused when we released Flowers and let Schreff go but we got significantly cheaper along the entire line and I don’t believe any worse off. 

Their O line is arguably just as good, maybe a hair lower but its much cheaper now.    The depth IMO is good again.  

One of the hallmarks of the Jay-Bruce era was terrible depth on the O-line.  Guys would get hurt and it would derail the season.  Ron has done a nice job to avoid that.