Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

2 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Of course they are....he's a complete diva who wants no part of conforming to a system. This guy is potentially the next Le'veon Bell.....

He ain't even Bell. Bell was dominant when he played and actually worked hard and cared. He just wanted to get paid, which you can't fault him for.

Toney has no football desire. It was even the talk of the draft last year how he cared more about being a rapper. 

21 hours ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Any way Panthers find a way to get JimmyG and Debo. Rumor is Debo wants to play for the panthers.

I guess he wants to go home then.  He's from a small time outside Spartanburg, SC which is where Jerry Richardson was from and is about a little over an hour from Charlotte.  It's where the team has their training camp.

They don't have a lot of draft capital though.  He'd have to be willing to sit the year out to force his way specifically to them I think.

6 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

I guess he wants to go home then.  He's from a small time outside Spartanburg, SC which is where Jerry Richardson was from and is about a little over an hour from Charlotte.  It's where the team has their training camp.

They don't have a lot of draft capital though.  He'd have to be willing to sit the year out to force his way specifically to them I think.

Yeah, only way is a player trade.  Burns for Deebo?  I'd say Burns is worth more honestly.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Yeah, only way is a player trade.  Burns for Deebo?  I'd say Burns is worth more honestly.

For sure.  Deebo torpedoed the return value that SF can get by asking out publicly, plus he's got a big contract demand attached to him.  They're going to have to take less than his true value.

Im sure Rhule would love Jimmy G. But if they get him a bad team (Carolina) will still probably be bad but not good enough for a top QB next year. And they have a good shot to be in position to get one.

If you’re the GM… why? Rhule is a dead man walking unless he pulls out a miracle.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2022 at 8:00 PM, Warhead36 said:

He ain't even Bell. Bell was dominant when he played and actually worked hard and cared. He just wanted to get paid, which you can't fault him for.

Toney has no football desire. It was even the talk of the draft last year how he cared more about being a rapper. 

Will be a Chief in due time. 

3 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

This whole freaking off-season has been weird for this team. Who are we kidding?

It's almost like they don't have cash capital to spend on free agents.

I've been very pro Rivera... but the stuff that has been happening this offseason is adding up to be a colossal "wtf...?"

• Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I've been very pro Rivera... but the stuff that has been happening this offseason is adding up to be a colossal "wtf...?"

Must admit, Rivera doesn’t make sense with some comments.

I find the “when we found out Wentz was available and then signed him we had to change our whole approach to FA” comment a bit bizarre. 

If we we so hot on Wilson, in addition to scouting 40+ QBs then you would have thought that we would have mapped out most scenarios. And the Wentz deal is hardy in the DeShaun Watson ballpark is it.

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Even the head athletic trainer was indicted. And it took a year just to fill that position.

Only to hire another former employee.

At this point, I have more faith that Snyder is going to lose the franchise than Rivera turning this team around. And both are incredibly poor odds.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 4/22/2022 at 2:27 PM, Redskins 2021 said:

Any way Panthers find a way to get JimmyG and Debo. Rumor is Debo wants to play for the panthers.

Great question??? Would the Panthers give up #6, McCaffery and one of their top recievers? Or maybe someone other than McCaffery if SF didnt want his contract? 

Can’t think of a team that would need McCaffrey less than the 49ers though, Shanahan could turn your barfly cousin into a 1,000 yard rusher. Or more accurately, field 3-4 different barfly cousins and get 1,400 yards out of them total. 

7 hours ago, Die Hard said:

Even the head athletic trainer was indicted. And it took a year just to fill that position.

Only to hire another former employee.

At this point, I have more faith that Snyder is going to lose the franchise than Rivera turning this team around. And both are incredibly poor odds.

Sad but it's so true!

Edited by ultravin