Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

15 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Rams playing the game like Cerrato and Danny always dreamed to play it if they were actually smart as opposed to dolts.

Hats off to the Rams for being aggressive and not sitting back on their championship year. Hope they go 0-17!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, httrMP said:

So how do we trick Ron into thinking Terry played for the Panthers so we can get an extension done?

Tell him he is the guy wearing #10. Ron will think he looks familiar, but has not seen him play in Washington

GALLERY: Panthers vs. Redskins

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Rams playing the game like Cerrato and Danny always dreamed to play it if they were actually smart as opposed to dolts.

What are the odds that Cerrato has done a radio spot recently where he bragged that these big time teams are just building on his blueprint here, the main difference is we were unlucky at QB? Vinny Cerrato, hailing himself as the unheralded grandfather of modern roster building :ols:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, KillBill26 said:

I was thinking the same thing when I heard the trade.   Parker is very frustrating bc he seems to get hurt all the time.  Not just dinged up, but out for multiple games.   He has only played 16 games once in 7 years.   

But he is a threat when he is in the field and has height at 6'3".  

We would assume contract of roughly 2 years 14 mil.  We might be able to get him for a 3rd day pick (maybe a couple) bc of his injury history and Miami's depth at the position.  

It is an intriguing option, but I can't over the lack of availability.  Too many missed games with a variety of injuries and he is getting older.   We'd probably have to act quickly to get him, and I'm not sure I'd want to make the trade before the draft.  If we do take wr in 1st or 2nd, I'd rather spend the 6 mil elsewhere.  But after the draft, if he is still available, I'd do it for a 3rd day pick.

this is a fanbase that's writing off Curtis Samuel after one year of injuries, when he did not have a significant history of them on the Panthers and now we got fans saying let's trade for a guy who's pretty much the opposite

• Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, dyst said:

Good move by the Chiefs. We would have franchise tagged him for two years then lost him for nothing.

yep KC did what a good franchise does. I also like that KC didn't pull the ole "I have to trade him to the other conference" crap. Inside the division? Completely get it but to cut your options in half has always been silly to me. Kudos to KC for both of those reasons. Also making a decision and moving with it quickly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, No Nonsense said:

Will someone please explain the salary cap. 

A231C3C2-F9D4-4FB0-9348-9A544696C4FE.jpeg

Think of it as using your line of credit as your chequing account.  You could live well but eventually you have to pay off the plc.  Very simplistic analogy, but makes sense to some extent.  Atlanta restructured M. Ryan contract that he signed in 2018 on 5 different occasions.  Restructuring  is not a pay cut, it is taking a large sum of salary and converting it into a  signing bonus so you could spread the cap hit of the duration of the contract.

Example.  Say a player is owed 30 million this year.  Teams will convert that to a signing bonus, meaning you cut a cheque for 30 Milly.  If their is three years left on his contract his cap number, or hit for this year goes from 30 M to 10 M netting the team 20 M in cap space.  

The thing that is important is that eventually you have to pay off that debt you used to create cap space.  That's why Atlanta has 40.5 M dead cap when they traded Ryan, but it had to be done because that is the only way they can get rid of that dead money and have that 40 M in cap space for next year.

Hope this helps

1 hour ago, Conn said:

What are the odds that Cerrato has done a radio spot recently where he bragged that these big time teams are just building on his blueprint here, the main difference is we were unlucky at QB? Vinny Cerrato, hailing himself as the unheralded grandfather of modern roster building :ols:

No, Vinny's blueprint was worse.  He would of had a deal for Ty Hill, the Chiefs would have said we have a done deal and the Vinny would throw in another 1st to celebrate the deal getting done.🤣

I know we talked earlier about trading McLaurin, which I’m not open to doing. And I don’t think we’d do it. But you can see why Seattle would do it … they are rebuilding, need to think about future roster construction, and likely don’t want to pay DK $21-23m a year to have unknown QBs throw him the ball for 3 years in his prime. Recoup a 1st and mid round pick and try and find another WR you can have on a rookie deal with your future undetermined QB. Easier said than done, and they’re in a different position than us. 

Rivera needs to win now and he needs Terry to elevate Wentz. But from a roster construction standpoint if you felt good about this class, it would be one to double-dip on if you were going for a rookie QB this or next year. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Redskin21502 said:

yep KC did what a good franchise does. I also like that KC didn't pull the ole "I have to trade him to the other conference" crap. Inside the division? Completely get it but to cut your options in half has always been silly to me. Kudos to KC for both of those reasons. Also making a decision and moving with it quickly.

They didn't trade him to a team they feel is a threat. That was straight up robbery 5 picks yeesh. They will beat Miami using the picks they stole from them. Tua can't do what Mahomie does.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I know we talked earlier about trading McLaurin, which I’m not open to doing. And I don’t think we’d do it. But you can see why Seattle would do it … they are rebuilding, need to think about future roster construction, and likely don’t want to pay DK $21-23m a year to have unknown QBs throw him the ball for 3 years in his prime. Recoup a 1st and mid round pick and try and find another WR you can have on a rookie deal with your future undetermined QB. Easier said than done, and they’re in a different position than us. 

Rivera needs to win now and he needs Terry to elevate Wentz. But from a roster construction standpoint if you felt good about this class, it would be one to double-dip on if you were going for a rookie QB this or next year. 

It would look so bad on us as an organization if we didn't pay Terry M.  I can't even begin to think. It would set a precedent of sorts I think about players wanting to come here.  It's a business but it could.  They have so many FA of their own to resign in the next few years.  I go back to Rob Rogers as our cap guy.  Eric Schaffer was a MUCH better cap guru then the guy, RR wanted to bring in from, yes Carolina.  There are other issues too.  

6 minutes ago, OMacAttack said:

They didn't trade him to a team they feel is a threat. That was straight up robbery 5 picks yeesh. They will beat Miami using the picks they stole from them. Tua can't do what Mahomie does.

Mahomes is going to make a lot of WRs good because he's one of the top 3 in the entire league.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

Does anybody else have an issue with seemingly just about every player Ron signs was at one point a Panther? 

As long as he thinks he is building a SB contender and does it I really don't care. 

Well at least if was smart enough not to add Newton to the roster. That was a plus for me.

Edited by zCommander
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

Does anybody else have an issue with seemingly just about every player Ron signs was at one point a Panther? 

Nope. Most coaches do this type of thing. We used to have the Tampa connection. It's not that unusual. Coaches and GM's like to bring in players they know.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

Nope. Most coaches do this type of thing. We used to have the Tampa connection. It's not that unusual. Coaches and GM's like to bring in players they know.

Does winning franchises do that and does it usually work? Just because coaches do it, that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a good idea. 

It just doesn’t seem like a good idea to sign a bunch of guys that played for you that contributed in your termination. 

Edited by No Nonsense

So I saw Cam say there was a plan to get him more involved in the offense. And I posted this idea on Twitter and just curious yalls thoughts. Cam is 6’5 220 with a 4.56 40. Cam could probably put on 10-12 pounds without losing much athleticism. what if they started using Cam as say a Joker TE type? would allow him to be more involved in the offense and gives you another potential weapon and mismatch to exploit if it worked. Worth a shot or nah? 

19 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

Does winning franchises do that and does it usually work? Just because coaches do it, that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a good idea. 

It just doesn’t seem like a good idea to sign a bunch of guys that played for you that contributed in your termination. 

I don't think they bring in players that lead to your termination. If they did, Cam Newton would be our starting QB.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

So I saw Cam say there was a plan to get him more involved in the offense. And I posted this idea on Twitter and just curious yalls thoughts. Cam is 6’5 220 with a 4.56 40. Cam could probably put on 10-12 pounds without losing much athleticism. what if they started using Cam as say a Joker TE type? would allow him to be more involved in the offense and gives you another potential weapon and mismatch to exploit if it worked. Worth a shot or nah? 

That depends. Would this involve signing Cam to a contract and putting him on our team?