Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

6 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

This is ridiculous. That guy has never had more than 600 yards in a season. And has 11 total TD's in 6 years in the NFL. Crazy contract. WTF are they doing. 

Sounds like to me they are trying to buy a SB and are getting desperate. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, smooth said:

I know its early in FA but right now are we better than last yr? we got wentz..lost schreff , settle, no word on mckissic, so we have talent leaving the building , lets hope we get some talent back...    

the Wentz over TH by itself (and better than Fitz also)  makes us significantly better.

Settle was a rotational player who played limited backup snaps. Losing him is unfortunate but not unexpected and losing your 4th string DT shouldn’t ever be an issue.  

This is fine.  They need to be judicious because they’re still unsettled at QB in the long term. They need to have cap flexibility for 2023 and 2024.  If Wentz balls out, then he’s back at very reasonable cap numbers the next 2 years.  If not, then you’re back in the trade and FA market next year.  

They will sign some guys and they will draft some guys.

The biggest boost for next year has to come from Wentz, and significantly better play from the defense as a whole, and Young and Sweat in particular,  If everything else “holds serve” they will be a 10-11 win team.  And Samuel has to be healthy.  Those are the keys.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Based on what Trubisky got from Pittsburgh we must've really valued Wentz since we're paying him 28 mil for one year and gave up various assets while Trubisky cost the Steelers zero assets and half of Wentz contract while getting a 2nd year out of him. I think I said this right?

Just now, kingdaddy said:

Based on what Trubisky got from Pittsburgh we must've really valued Wentz since we're paying him 28 mil for one year and gave up various assets while Trubisky cost the Steelers zero assets and half of Wentz contract while getting a 2nd year out of him. I think I said this right?

That’s because Trubisky has never not sucked.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Thumb up 2

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Trubiski will cost them assets, they are drafting a QB still for sure. Give me Wentz every day over Trubiskit

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

We have two kickers right now. I don’t know what that means but as of this moment there are two. And it sounds like they plan on getting Slye to stay beyond the RFA expiration if the beat guys are on point. 

Who needs LBs and S’s and Receivers when you have two kickers, amirite?

• Haha 3

High-priced safeties

New Orleans Saints safety Marcus Williams and Kansas City Chiefs safety Tyrann Mathieu seemed prime for huge paydays. Yet, those big deals didn’t come in the opening hours of the legal tampering period. While offensive linemen, wide receivers, tight ends, and linebackers got paid quickly, the safety group’s lone big signing was Quandre Diggs returning to Seattle on a three-year deal. Williams and Mathieu came into the week as two of the top 10 players on the market. They remain there, and it’s starting to get lonely.

The Jags spending spree makes me wonder....which spree were you most excited about at the time?

2000 - old vets

2003 - JetSkins

2004 - Gibbs first year

2006 -  Randel El, Aarchuleta, Lloyd

mine was 2000, because I actually thought we were going to win the Superbowl.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

So far, we’ve definitely gotten worse…

Scherff is a loss but Tim Settle played 20% of our defensive snaps

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

We have two kickers right now. I don’t know what that means but as of this moment there are two. And it sounds like they plan on getting Slye to stay beyond the RFA expiration if the beat guys are on point. 

Who needs LBs and S’s and Receivers when you have two kickers, amirite?

I'm sick of hearing about new receivers.  I want to see a healthy Samuel and see if Brown improves

1 minute ago, MrJL said:

Scherff is a loss but Tim Settle played 20% of our defensive snaps

I'm sick of hearing about new receivers.  I want to see a healthy Samuel and see if Brown improves

I’m sick of relying on injury prone people. See, we can both be sick. It’s the Commander way.

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

The Jags spending spree makes me wonder....which spree were you most excited about at the time?

2000 - old vets

2003 - JetSkins

2004 - Gibbs first year

2006 -  Randel El, Aarchuleta, Lloyd

mine was 2000, because I actually thought we were going to win the Superbowl.

Agreed, I was so fired up in 2000: Bruce, deion, carrier, etc.  I thought we were going 16-0!

• Like 1