Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WFT vs Eagles Prediction Thread: Misery Loves Company, Seats Available!

skins island connection

Whio Wins ?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Is there anything left in the tank?

When:

January 2nd, 1 p.n. { noon central }

Where: FedEx Field

On Sunday the WFT welcomes the Philadelphia Eagles to do battle, if thats what its called.

I believe the head-to-head is in favor of WFT 88-80-5, but i'm guessing that number will probably get closer.

The Eagles come off a 34-10 beating of the New York Giants this past Monday night, and seem to be the only team in the NFCE who is trying to make a postseason appearance.

It was never close for the Giants, held to a FG until late in the 4th when they finally got a scrub TD against probably a scrub defense in Philly. 

Well, what can I say; apparently the WFT never showed up in Dallas but the damned benches did. Yea, Mr. Snyder, that was so original and creative, and embarrassing.

Before I could digest my burger, the WFT fell behind 21-0 before realizing that there's a game to be played.

It didn't matter.

The team looked lethargic, lifeless, uninterested and predictable.  It was an ugly game, no 2 ways about it.  It was the largest margin of victory by Dallas in the rivalry's history, and yes, that is on every single coach and every single player on the team. Apparently nothing was learned from the first game, there was no leadership nor was there any emotion, unless you want to count the friction between the 2 D-linemen who went at each other, but at least in the previous meeting it didn't look so lopsided. I cannot say that i've seen a team this out of it in a long time; yes, Covid had taken its toll along with some real awful scheduling, playing games on shortened weeks and playing opponents who are coming off a bye week, it was a perfect storm and recipe for disaster.

Being the season is winding down, I doubt there is a scenario where the WFT could somehow make the postseason { I could be wrong } but honestly I just assume lose the remaining games and pack it in for the year; the bloodbath we just witnessed will be a rinse/repeat IF they somehow manage to make postseason play, and i'm not looking forward to that at all. There's no catching lightning in a bottle, no miracle winning streak to start, no situational advantage, and frankly no prayer.

So, the Eagles now come to play on WFT's turf. I can only imagine they will be as fired up as Dallas was, and I can only imagine the same intensity by the WFT that they had in Dallas. The only noteworthy mention is the Eagles RB Sanders will most likely not play due to broken bone in his hand, but thats it. 

With TH not getting out of the pocket to extend plays, there is little hope for a victory. Why he hasn't been getting out is beyond me. Could it be the play calling? Could it be his desire to be a pocket passing QB ? I gotta lean on the idea that its not by his design, it would fall under the turner choices of plays called and I doubt TH has the ability to audible out of a play, but thats all water under the bridge at this point.

I can no longer defend TH, I wanted to believe he could manage the game, but with no offensive weapons its impossible to accomplish that feat.

Will the WFT show any fight in the game?

Will the Eagles run up the score like Dallas ?

Will this organization EVER get quality players and coaching staff?

When the dust settles and the feathers stop flying,

the WFT just can't muster up anything against a team on the prowl.

final score:

WFT  16

Eagles 38

* First correct score prediction wins a new WFT cap and a couple other goodies.

Good luck !

Maybe if they put the WFT benches on the field at least there will be action; albeit Payne and Allen, maybe an Eagle gets too close and one of them clocks him while trying to hit each other.

Just now, skins island connection said:

Maybe if they put the WFT benches on the field at least there will be action; albeit Payne and Allen, maybe an Eagle gets too close and one of them clocks him while trying to hit each other.

Better yet, just hypnotize both of them into believing that every Eagle player is either Payne or Allen. **** they may end up with 12 sacks...

It's gonna be messy.

We're in shambles and players seems to be out of it.

With the sad news regarding Sweat's family, the Payne / Allen stuff, things aren't gonna go smoothly on D. Collins is on IR, DAvis is still a huge question mark.

So who are we gonna field?

And Ron Rivera also puts a mess with the QB situation as Allen and Heinicke will trade place under center for how long.

Feels like so much like "evaluating process" ongoing.

So Eagles: 31

Us: 10.

With a Pick 6 from Kerrigan.

I obviously hope to be super-duper wrong on this but...I don't believe anything is really being built here that'll eventually elevate us past a .500-ish team, and that's with us finding a good QB.  Maybe a playoff slot every other year or so. I certainly don't see a SB appearance in our future.  Something just "goes wrong" nearly every year, and I don't see that changing much.  Hate to say it, but I think the basement of the NFC East is going to continue to be where we spend a lot of our time.  I have almost no faith that Ron's hand picked braintrust can get us talent on the level of Dallas.  (That's painful for me to type but my honest opinion.)

Eagles are hungry, smell blood, are playing with maximum effort and belief that something is being built there.  And they have the playoffs in their sights.  I see myself having to put up with more crap from my in-laws, who are Eagles fans.  But after 18 years of marriage, I'm used to it.  🤢🤮

Eagles 27

WFT   13

I do think we beat the Giants the following week though.

Edited by Redwards
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Redwards said:

Eagles are hungry, smell blood, are playing with maximum effort and belief that something is being built there.  And they have the playoffs in their sights.  I see myself having to put up with more crap from my in-laws, who are Eagles fans.  But after 18 years of marriage, I'm used to it.  🤢🤮

Instead of waiting for WFT to be a consistent winner divorce may me an option.... 

• Haha 1