Extremeskins

WFT vs Eagles Prediction Thread: Santa Claus-Hating Mo-Fo's

skins island connection

Who wins?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which team wants it more?

When: Sunday December 19th  1:00p.m. { noon central } 

Where: Lincoln Financial Field { should be Energizer Field IMO }

This Sunday, the WFT will lick their wounds and make a short trip north to battle the Philadelphia Eagles, in a game that could determine the 7th wildcard spot, or at least have an impact on it.

The WFT/Redskins hold a 88-79-5 head-to-head all time, and as of today the Eagles are favored to win, but who knows come Saturday.

The Eagles are coming off a bye.  Hey, Mr. Goodell, we dropped the so-called racist name, so why do we always seem to be playing teams who are coming off a bye or an early game the previous week? Thats why this fanbase hates your ass. Sorry, had to get that out of my system. 

The Eagles are ranked 12th in offense and 16th in defense. 

As stated, the Eagles are coming off a bye after beating the vaunted J-E-T-S team 33-18. 

After suffering an ankle injury, the great Gardner Minshew stepped in and took over, leading the Eagles to victory { if thats what beating the Jets is called }. But, according to the Eagles head coach Nick Sirianni, Hurts should be fine and will start this Sunday. This could be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on personal viewpoints. 

Also this past Sunday, the WFT fell short in its comeback attempt against a fresh and determined Dallas team by a score of 27-20.

It didn't seem to be that close of a game, the WFT didn't show up until the 2nd half, but by that time it was already 24-0, as the pissant Cowboy fans filled FedEx Field stadium cheered.

Taylor Heinicke had a bad day at the office. Often pressured, he regressed from the way we are used to seeing him play, and made some very questionable if not bad passes. The o-line didn't help much at all, they seemed as porous as a strainer, as pressure blew past them, and making the day a rough one for the Wonderboy.  The offense just couldn't move the ball, I guess running on 1st downs had finally caught up to the brilliant { disturbing sarcasm } OC Turner.

The defense did play fairly good, from what I read, but from what I was able to see, it seemed more of the same from a month or so ago, letting opposing WRs make easy catches, THEN running up to make a tackle.  Elliott and the Dallas running game was held in check, but it wasn't really an outstanding effort on QB Dak Prescott's behalf, but moreso the inability to play remotely close to the WRs by the WFT secondary that ultimately led to the 1st half blowout. There was one very nice and unusual sight to see; Holcomb got himself a pick-6, which brought the WFT within striking distance, but just couldn't get it going, but hey, ya really can't win a game if you fumble the ball away, can you, GIBSON!!!

So, this Sunday is just as much an important game as the previous one; if playoffs visions are dancing in their heads, then they need to get their act together and quickly. Forget last Sunday's debacle and focus only on the upcoming game. The loss was maybe an eye opener for the team; all of the talk of winning 4 straight, sticking their chests out, taking in all that air, maybe brought them back to reality that they have to play smart, hard-nosed football if they want to be in postseason play. 

One way to look at it, the loss gave them all a reality check, so now they have to start another 4 game winning streak, and it starts in Philadelphia, but it will not be easy. 

Will Jalen Hurts come back rusty or sharp?

Will Heinicke dust himself off and start using his mobility like Hurts most definitely will? 

Will the Covid bug continue taking WFT victims?

When the dust settles and the fancy chicken feathers fly,

I think Ron Rivera and the WFT snap out of it and get back on track.

Final score:

WFT    31

Eagles 23

First correct score prediction wins a new WFT cap and a few other goodies.

Shout-out to Spaceman Spiff for nailing the score last week, the Riggins jersey will be on its way. 

Good luck and lets get this done!

Edited by skins island connection
  • Like 4

I just don't see how we can win this one. Too many key players out. I won't change my predication yet. Terry might be out. Curtis needs to step up though. No Sweat and maybe no Allen and other key players. I have a bad feeling about this game. It is not a must win but needs to be. 

• Like 1

I was just looking at some things to see if the Eagles (defense) is to be feared. 

They are 22nd in pass yards per game

31st in blitz percentage

30th in sacks

22nd in pressures

16th in missed tackles

allow the 3rd best completion percentage

have allowed the 12th most tDs

have the 13th fewest interceptions