Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kam Curl .. please lock him up!

skinsfan93

No I’m not talking about literally locking him up but can we resign Curl to a long term deal. Obviously our defense has been playing much better the last couple weeks and it’s no coincidence that Curl has been all over the field usually on the best players. Yesterday it was CMC amd against the Bucs he had 8 tackles covering Fournette and their tight ends. 

The guy is a baller and is quickly becoming one of my favorite players. Show the rest of the team the commitment we have in young guys who bust their tail on defense and lock him up for the next 4 years at minimum. 

• Like 7

First you want to lock him up, then you want him to resign... what do you have against Kam Curl?

(Totally agree. He's been great and seems to be getting better. Not sure if this is a good parallel, but kind of reminds me of Ryan Clark just in that he came in without a lot of hoopla, but then was really, really good. Hopefully, he won't be as unappreciated as Ryan was... though I can also see benching Curl for Landon Collins being the same as cutting Clark for Archuletta.)

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Burgold said:

First you want to lock him up, then you want him to resign... what do you have against Kam Curl?

(Totally agree. He's been great and seems to be getting better. Not sure if this is a good parallel, but kind of reminds me of Ryan Clark just in that he came in without a lot of hoopla, but then was really, really good. Hopefully, he won't be as unappreciated as Ryan was... though I can also see benching Curl for Landon Collins being the same as cutting Clark for Archuletta.)

Thanks for that memory trip down downer lane for yet another memory of the talent that got away...lol

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

The list of guys to lock for the next few years is slightly becoming longer and longer as games go on...

As much as I'd love to keep many of them, some will obviously have to look for a payday elsewhere.

Curl and Payne should be staying right here. McLaurin offensively. Otherwise I don’t see a whole lot else that is pivotal.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

The list of guys to lock for the next few years is slightly becoming longer and longer as games go on...

As much as I'd love to keep many of them, some will obviously have to look for a payday elsewhere.

We had a league high 35 guys on rookie contracts just 2 years ago. It happens. Nice to see some of these guys starting to come into their own.

3 hours ago, skinsfan93 said:

No I’m not talking about literally locking him up

Glad you clarified that, because some of our previous Safeties almost got locked up, like Montae Nicholson, etc.

I'll add to that list ; Deandre Carter, and the obvious choice of McLaurin.

I think all the other eligible and desirable players are already locked up, like Logan Thomas, Jon Allen, Ioannidis, right ?

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

Looked it up but Curl is signed through the end of the 2023 season. This year and next year he’s making less than a million a season chump change for a 22 year old safety that is home grown. Ever since Jack put him back into the z role covering the slot/rb/TE he has excelled. He is easily our best coverage guy. 

i started the thread but again reiterate we need to extend him beyond 2023. Ron give him a pay raise!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skinsfan93 said:

Looked it up but Curl is signed through the end of the 2023 season. This year and next year he’s making less than a million a season chump change for a 22 year old safety that is home grown. Ever since Jack put him back into the z role covering the slot/rb/TE he has excelled. He is easily our best coverage guy. 

i started the thread but again reiterate we need to extend him beyond 2023. Ron give him a pay raise!

Again, players are not allowed to sign extensions until they play three seasons. He can't be extended until after 2022.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KDawg said:

Curl and Payne should be staying right here. McLaurin offensively. Otherwise I don’t see a whole lot else that is pivotal.

AS of now? No, those three have to be kept. Others are already under contract like Allen and Roullier.

Though if Heinicke keeps on playing the way he is these last 2 games, we'll have to pay for that too sooner or later.

What I really like is what some of those rookies are doing the few touches they're getting. Kids like Bates or Milne aren't doing much right now, and they're making the best out of it. And they seem to overcome mistake like pros should. Milne once again had a great diving catch again Carolina that didn't go unnoticed. DeAndre Carter is being impressive as well. RSJ was good before he got injured. And with Logan Thomas being back soon, I'd still like to see Bates out there playing football.

On Defense, even if they aren't ProBowlers, both Davis and Holcomb are interesting, especially since Bostic is out.

So to me, some guys are showing good things that are really nice to see and I'd rather have them on the team than elsewhere. Obviously I wouldn't keep any of them if they want top elite ProBowl type of money, which often happens, but having them signed would help.