Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Driver of SUV injures more than 20 driving through Christmas parade in Wisconsin. Update: Five people killed and over 40 injured

Cooked Crack

As marching bands played and residents lined the street, a driver in a red SUV sped through a holiday parade in Waukesha, Wis., early Sunday evening, colliding with several people and leaving more than 20 injured, the city’s police chief said.

Authorities have recovered the suspect’s vehicle, Waukesha Police Chief Dan Thompson said. He did not say whether police have made any arrests and did not comment on a possible motive behind the attack. 

The car first collided with people in the parade about 4:40 local time, Thompson said, roughly 40 minutes after the event began.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/11/21/waukesha-parade-suv-crash/

Edited by Cooked Crack
  • Sad 1

They aren’t exaggerating when they say this person drove right through the parade.  Link below, but be warned it’s a video of a SUV running a bunch of people over, recorded from above the event.  It’s NSFL so click at your own risk. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/qz9bdc/suv_plows_through_wisconsin_christmas_parade/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

• Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Destino said:

They aren’t exaggerating when they say this person drove right through the parade.  Link below, but be warned it’s a video of a SUV running a bunch of people over, recorded from above the event.  It’s NSFL so click at your own risk. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/qz9bdc/suv_plows_through_wisconsin_christmas_parade/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Yea I saw it on twitter and sent it to the wife.  I made sure to ask like three times though “are you sure you want to see this?  It’s really bad.”  That is a video that will keep you up at night.  Crazy.

2 hours ago, Fergasun said:

You can tell the type of people who read the same Internet sources by the comments made. 

Incident happend 8 hours ago and I already see the worst assumed about motivation for this incident. 

Let's not assume the worst.

the whole politics as a team sport thing is getting worse.  Social media makes it worse. The Internet has got a hold of a name for the suspect and right wing twitter practically glowing with excitement.  

most people realize that there are a lot of hurt families tonight, but the vultures can’t even see the tragedy.  It’s all opportunity to them.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

• Cooked Crack changed the title to WP: Driver of SUV injures more than 20 driving through Christmas parade in Wisconsin. Update: Five people killed and over 40 injured

I’m seeing this consistent media narrative that the suspect “may have been fleeing a crime” and it really strikes me as entirely ridiculous. I know that after these things people, including the press, rush to explain things but this one needs a rewrite.  This guy didn’t come careening around a corner and plow into a parade he didn’t expect.  He had ample time to choose, and chose to run these people over.  

Though I guess fleeing a crime scene is less ridiculous than right wingers online that are sure this was a black racist looking to run over white people because he’d been radicalized by the mainstream media.  I wish I was kidding.  

11 hours ago, Destino said:

the whole politics as a team sport thing is getting worse.  Social media makes it worse. The Internet has got a hold of a name for the suspect and right wing twitter practically glowing with excitement. 

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

Though I guess fleeing a crime scene is less ridiculous than right wingers online that are sure this was a black racist looking to run over white people because he’d been radicalized by the mainstream media.  I wish I was kidding.  lol

Kinda reads like you're making it all a bit political too though 🤷‍♂️

44 minutes ago, Destino said:

I’m seeing this consistent media narrative that the suspect “may have been fleeing a crime” and it really strikes me as entirely ridiculous. I know that after these things people, including the press, rush to explain things but this one needs a rewrite.  This guy didn’t come careening around a corner and plow into a parade he didn’t expect.  He had ample time to choose, and chose to run these people over.  

i wasn’t taking it the way you said. I was taking it as he was part of a stabbing incident beforehand and otherwise they’re not really telling us what happened?

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Wisconsin is wild these days.

Sad to hear that people who were just out there celebrating in a parade have died. I want to know the motivation for something so heinous.

Sounds like the driver was fleeing the scene of a knife fight after the police showed up.

Very sad for the families, especially right before the holidays. :(

Edit: The more I think about it the more I get angry at how selfish that is, killing kids to save their own ass.

Edited by RansomthePasserby

Drugs. Mental issues. We see people get in more trouble for what they did trying to cover it up or flee than if they just accepted their first crime, all the time. 

There’s lots of potential answers. The media keeps it in the rundown by throwing ideas out there. But that’s not really new. They do this **** constantly it’s SOP

2 hours ago, Destino said:

Though I guess fleeing a crime scene is less ridiculous than right wingers online that are sure this was a black racist looking to run over white people because he’d been radicalized by the mainstream media.  I wish I was kidding.  

is this seriously what is in the comments section? This is one of those stories that I purposely avoid comments section. I would become physically ill to read that crap. 

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

Wisconsin is wild these days.

Sad to hear that people who were just out there celebrating in a parade have died. I want to know the motivation for something so heinous.

did you see the little girl in the pink jacket? That child would be sleeping in bed with me until she was 18 after that. That left me shook. 

58 minutes ago, tshile said:

There’s lots of potential answers. The media keeps it in the rundown by throwing ideas out there. But that’s not really new. They do this **** constantly it’s SOP

I feel like the 2 source/3 source rule is no longer a thing for even the big name news sources. Which is terrifying. I noticed it a few years ago when I heard talking heads on CNN start using phrases like “multiple other news sources are reporting….” Thereby distancing themselves if it is not true - “we didn’t report it, we reported that others reported it”

• Like 2