Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NCAA Basketball 21-22

PleaseBlitz

If Howard can't figure out how to conduct himself after games, he needs to not be coaching Michigan anymore.  This is the second time in two years.  The message is not being sent.  I personally have no tolerance for bad coaching behavior. Howard's not one of the players, some teenager.  He's a grown ass adult that's supposed to be leading these kids.

And I'm watching the CBB talking heads on TV talking about doing away with the handshake line, which is nonsense.  Be an adult, be a man, and do the damn handshake line.  All the sudden now, we can't conduct this simple exercise in basic sportsmanship without fisticuffs?

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Gonzaga Bulldogs among record 7 top-10 men's basketball teams to lose Saturday

For the first time in college basketball history, seven top-10 teams lost on the same day.

On Saturday, No. 1 Gonzaga, No. 2 Arizona, No. 3 Auburn, No. 4 Purdue, No. 5 Kansas, No. 6 Kentucky and No. 9 Texas Tech all lost, surpassing the previous record of six top-10 teams in the Associated Press poll losing in one day. 

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/33382433/gonzaga-bulldogs-record-7-top-10-men-basketball-teams-lose-saturday

Tickets prices for Mike Krzyzewski's final game at Cameron Indoor are on Super Bowl's level

The priciest tickets to college basketball’s most obscenely expensive game sold seven months ago during a charity auction benefiting cancer research.

A close friend of Mike Krzyzewski forked over an eye-popping sum of money to secure four courtside tickets to the retiring Duke coach’s final home game on Saturday against North Carolina.

Before anyone else at the V Foundation’s dinner gala could raise a numbered paddle to bid on the tickets, Michael Marks walked on stage unannounced with a microphone in one hand. The venture capitalist revealed that he was bidding $1 million in honor of his wife, Carole, “who just in the last 30 days was told that she was in remission from uterine cancer.”

“This is on a sports fan’s ultimate bucket list – to be in Cameron Indoor Stadium for Coach K’s last game,” V Foundation CEO Shane Jacobson told Yahoo Sports. “We hoped for a significant gift, but Michael Marks surprised everyone with his generosity.”

While only Marks is paying $250,000 a ticket to attend Krzyzewski’s curtain call, nobody else is getting into Saturday’s historic game for cheap. It’s not just the most expensive ticket in college basketball history. Ticket prices on the secondary market are nearly Super Bowl-esque.

As of Sunday, the average price of a ticket to Saturday’s game ranged from $7,498 on SeatGeek, to $6,336 on TickPick, to $5,392 on StubHub. None of the sites had nose-bleed seats available for less than $3,000 apiece.

Click on the link for the full article

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Just hate to see them Duke fans cry. 

I ****ing love it. I want to bottle those tears and sell them on the black market.

27 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Coach K deserved better. These jabronis better step it up in the tournaments. 

He don't deserve ****, he got his ass whipped at home in his final home game by a better team.  He can go face **** himself.

• Haha 2

Has to be pretty bitter for Duke fans to see Coach K go out with a loss at home.  That was a big upset by UNC.  As a Maryland fan, part of me is a bit tickled, but ultimately I respect Coach K so much.  He basically revived USA Basketball.  I can't pretend I ever want Duke to win, but mad props to him.  I briefly met him at the Bellagio back circa 2003.  Told him I was a Maryland fan and he goes, "oh," like he was expecting me to say something mean.  I just shook his hand and told him how much I enjoyed playing his teams.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

20 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Has to be pretty bitter for Duke fans to see Coach K go out with a loss at home.  That was a big upset by UNC.  As a Maryland fan, part of me is a bit tickled, but ultimately I respect Coach K so much.  He basically revived USA Basketball.  I can't pretend I ever want Duke to win, but mad props to him.  I briefly met him at the Bellagio back circa 2003.  Told him I was a Maryland fan and he goes, "oh," like he was expecting me to say something mean.  I just shook his hand and told him how much I enjoyed playing his teams.

Coach K is a class act.  Served our country, ran a clean program the entire time at Duke, let our Olympic team to multiple gold medals and seems like a really good guy from what I've read from former players and recruits that didn't even go to Duke.  I know he had a great relationship to Dean Smith, his biggest rival coach.  He's definiately the GOAT coach in my opinion, though one could argue that the GOAT is Wooden.

3 hours ago, Forehead said:

I see my undergrad alma mater, Longwood U, made the dance for the first time.  I'm guessing a seed in the teens.

15 seed

• Thumb up 1