Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NCAA Basketball 21-22

PleaseBlitz

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

he's not wrong

he never said the punch was good or even justified

he just said it can't be reviewed or disciplined upon

Obviously it can, because it was.  And should be reviewable.  Send a message that this kind of crap won't be tolerated.

43 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

So if there was film of Boheim sucker punching someone in the tunnel, the league shouldn’t be able to punish him?

I think what he's trying to say is that because it happened during the game and it wasn't seen or called.  That the kid shouldn't be punished after the fact by the conference.  It was a missed call during a game and not after the game, etc.  

Bilas was stating the rules, which is they can't go back after the game is over and punish a player for a foul that was missed during the game.  But they did.  

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Like 1

I'm not much of a Penn State basketball guy, or a fan of basketball at all really.  But this is such a familiar thing with them.  They always seem to be "almost there" and lose several games by a few points, meaning the enter the postseason with a .500 or so record.  Then they put it all together and go on a mini run in the tournament, but because they were so inconsistent/bad during the season, it is never enough.  I feel like I've seen this scenario several times in the past few years.

It would not shock me at all if they managed to somehow beat Purdue, then lose in the semi's and still wind up in the NIT.

Wow, the refs whiffed on that call.  Michigan State player was called for a foul on a player driving for a layup (which he made).  Replay shows MSU player not only didn't foul him, but didn't touch him or the ball at all.  

Just saw the worst use of replay I’ve ever seen in the UK/Vandy game.  Toppin for UK chases a ball at the baseline to save it.  His foot is clearly out of bounds when he saved it.  He throws it back in play but it goes back out of bounds. But they reviewed whether or not it went off the Kentucky player or the Vanderbilt player and they gave it to Kentucky.  Unbelievably bad.