Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

10 minutes ago, Kalu44 said:

ISomething switched on, and he has been really good since mid-2022.

Article posted earlier today said the same thing, which didn't ring true to me, so I went back and looked. Daniels had a really good three-game stretch in games 7-9 of 2022, but he followed that up with his worst game of the year in game 10 (QBR 10.1 vs Arkansas), with 2 meh games to end the regular season. He also took 13 combined sacks in games 9-10.

His 2022 was Maye-ish in its inconsistency, and it really seems like whatever clicked happened in 2023.

You just cannot assume Daniels will continue this insane trajectory of growth. In college he was super experienced playing against a bunch of kids. In the NFL he'll be the fresh meat. 

Its more likely he's already plateaued than anything else.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

So I was right. "If he says what I want, I believe him. If he says what I don't want, I don't believe him"

Not sure why you are trying to make a pretzel out of my comments on this subject but...

giphy.gif

Just now, Warhead36 said:

You just cannot assume Daniels will continue this insane trajectory of growth. In college he was super experienced playing against a bunch of kids. In the NFL he'll be the fresh meat. 

Not enough people are talking about his inability to read a front. Both Drake and JJ have audible power at the line of scrimmage.  Jayden on the other hand had to rely on QB coach and OC to call in the plays if he saw something he wasnt familiar with. 

If you can't read a formation after five years, I am not drafting you in the first round.

• Haha 1

I love how Peters is now a quantum GM. Everything he says is both true and a lie, regardless of what it is. And it all depends on who the observer of Peters is and what they want when it comes to the state vector collapse of his wave function into a definitive result.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, mistertim said:

I love how Peters is now a quantum GM. Everything he says is both true and a lie, regardless of what it is. And it all depends on who the observer of Peters is and what they want when it comes to the state vector collapse of his wave function into a definitive result.

Is this your first draft ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

Recent footage of me watching Peters at the presser

giphy.gif

• Haha 5

Just now, mistertim said:

I don’t care what he says. I don’t even listen to the pressers. I don’t listen to in season pressers, really, either. It’s all bull****. They are not open and honest. And a lot of sound bites are taken out of context.

Every once in awhile someone says something out of frustration or pure stupidity. 

I prefer to not give a **** what any of them say… because if I was them I wouldn’t tell anyone ****.

• Like 8
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Schrödinger's GM 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Dj Humphries is a free agent, and the cardinals have no reason to move up to 2 to grab a wide receiver when there will be an elite one sitting there for them at 4 most likely the pick of any they want.

If they traded to 2 it'd be to shock the world and move on from Murray but I doubt that's happening. 

I don't know how I completely forgot about Kyler !! And  The DJ thing was the result of a quick scroll of their 2023 tackles. This is what happens when Saturday night happenings linger into Sunday morning lol. Thanks for the necessary corrections. I dumbed down the thread and I apologize.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I think it’s fair to assume he has the capability to continue to improve and if you think your organization is in place to help him with that, then it’s worth rolling the dice on his potential. 

Same as Maye, really. I don’t know why y’all are so bent out of shape with the idea that he can still get better. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I think it’s fair to assume he has the capability to continue to improve and if you think your organization is in place to help him with that, then it’s worth rolling the dice on his potential. 

Same as Maye, really. I don’t know why y’all are so bent out of shape with the idea that he can still get better. 

I'm not bent out of shape about Daniels possibly getting better. I just found it odd for someone to say that they thought the possibility of Maye getting better was more dubious given that he's younger and has some elite tools.

57 minutes ago, mistertim said:

So the 23 year old 5 year starter clearly can continue to improve, but the 21 year old 2 year starter can't?

I’m not saying Maye can’t. I’m saying there is no proof he will (no crystal ball). He may improve, or he may not. While with JD, we have already seen it. Personally, I want to take Maye, but I think JD is the safer pick right now given his body of work. I also never said JD can “continue” to improve either. Just saying he has improved, and that is yet to be determined with Maye - not his fault he is younger. What will he do in the next few years?

Edited by Kalu44

Maye is physically more talented than JD

Maye throws off platform better than JD

Maye is younger than JD

What plagues Maye can be fixed with good coaching..therefore Maye has higher upside..If they draft JD and he bust due to his known slight frame and his propensity to run at first sight of pressure and gets hurt GMAP is gonna take some serious heat.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kalu44 said:

I’m not saying Maye can’t. I’m saying there is no proof he will (no crystal ball). He may improve, or he may not. While with JD, we have already seen it. Personally, I want to take Maye, but I think JD is the safer pick right now given his body of work. 

With JD, yes we've seen it in college from last year to this but how do we know he hasn't now peaked? And why did it take him so long for the light to come on?

I think both could be just as much toss-ups for different reasons. Just like I think both have their reasons why they could or couldn't start right away.

I prefer Maybe because he's younger, has better traits (except straight line speed, where Daniels beats him) and has already shown lots of ability to make NFL level throws, whereas Daniels has limited tape showing those.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I'm not bent out of shape about Daniels possibly getting better. I just found it odd for someone to say that they thought the possibility of Maye getting better was more dubious given that he's younger and has some elite tools.

I believe that they both can and will get better. I personally believe Jayden will get better faster because he is more polished and has very sound mechanics. He will simply be adding to what he already does.

Maye on the other hand has a rather elongated wind up, struggled with his footwork, and his mechanics aren’t sound, which causes inconsistency, especially with his accuracy on shorter routes. So in my perspective, he will need to be fixed before you can start adding to his game. So the process of really becoming a better player will take longer.

I believe right now that Jayden is the better player and that Jayden has the ability to improve faster early on.