Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

We know there's a connection/respect between Mayhew and Seahawks John Schneider but he also has ties with 49er's John Lynch.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/john-lynch-says-martin-mayhew-helped-49ers-establish-championship-culture

“Martin has played an integral role in helping to establish a sustainable, championship culture over the last four years," Lynch said Friday in a statement. "His skills as a talent evaluator and his counsel as a trusted advisor have positively impacted me and the 49ers organization."

I'm not advocating for Garoppolo because I want to draft a guy in the first round with a FA vet or pull off getting Russell Wilson but he does compete with average teams like what we got in the NFCE.  He just doesn't compete well under pressure (Kirk Cousins lite).

Edited by HigSkin

13 minutes ago, VaK9Trainer said:

I'll take Trubisky over either one of them. Yep, I said it. 

Jimmy isn’t worth the draft choice it would take to get him, though he’s still an upgrade over Heinicke. So are Mariota, Bridgewater and Trubisky and they don’t have the same price tag. I’m with you.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Jimmy garoppolo was bad but he managed the game and they won.

Without Deboo he’s trash

3 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Rodgers was bad today

His OLine gave him few opportunities 

Edited by ClaytoAli

22 minutes ago, Redd said:

Managed the game?????

Jimmy G was carried by the defense and special teams. Niners won in spite of Jimmy.

Yeah the throw to George kittle and throw to Samuel on last drive were huge. He did it when they needed it on the road in the snow. The pick was bad early but they won.  He does make bad throws but he won today. Rodgers did not play much better. Packers defense played just as well as 49ers. 49ers o line was no better the the packers.

Edited by Redskins 2021

13 minutes ago, Darth Tater said:

I called it! When GB had the ball first and goal at the San Fran 7, I said that if San Fran holds GB to a FG, San Fran wins. I'm really upset Tenn lost because a Tenn/SFO match up is the only  SB that I'd not be a hater-fan of either team. I hate KC and Tampa

Although it's hard to bet against Brady, I'm going to pick Matty Ice and the Rams to knock them out tomorrow and I think Josh Allen and the Bills send KC to the showers as well. 

Thing is, Green Bay's defense did exactly what you need to do to shut-down a Kyle offense (take away the verts, the quick pass and most importantly, the run). Only two QBSs could have outplayed GB's defense if they were running San Fran today mostly because they are super elusive. True, San Fran's defense was also great (forcing a FG after GB had a 1-goa was probably the most important one) For the most part, franchise QBs aren't why you win specific games, they provide you a guy who can get you multiple opportunities over a decade or more.

5 minutes ago, VaK9Trainer said:

Although it's hard to bet against Brady, I'm going to pick Matty Ice and the Rams to knock them out tomorrow and I think Josh Allen and the Bills send KC to the showers as well. 

Yeah, don't really hate the Rams but Matt Stafford is a bit problematic for my tastes. Josh Allen is part of why I find Buffalo boring. Only reason I hate this incarnation of the Cowboys is that, well, they are the Cowboys and I am a WFT fan.

• Confused 1

LOL dont worry for all of u saying "NO" to this and that....none of them are going to say YES to come here.....we MIGHT be able to trade a couple firsts and terry for Carson Wentz or something, maybe even a couple firsts for tannehill if Tennessee is done with him. But no team esp the niners in their right mind is going to trade a QB or release one that takes them to the conference championship. It aint happening no team is that dumb except us. 

As a fanbase we have to face reality and our only hope is to draft a game breaking qb and get lucky. Trading for one will be a mistake, yeah we can sign a Mitch or a Mariota but we dont go to playoff material with them so whats the point? 

Edited by CjSuAvE22