Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

@MartinC, would you say poking fun at @Skinsinparadise about Wylie getting the 4th highest PFF score was a bit taking the mickey out on him?  Did I do that right? Chip Chip and Cheerio?  

Don’t drag me into this! You two need to get a room 🙂

Meanwhile as long as you keep it civil (which it is) I will leave you both to it.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

My point really is, they're all over the map with scores and opinions, and it's very inconsistent.  If the analysts don't think much of him in interviews, then why don't the scores reflect that?  T

Nope that's not the main reason.  I've explained it enough times in responses to you why their anaylists aren't a slave to their own scores and can factor context.  The cliff notes for the last time on this is their grades are done without context for the most part.  They can factor context via their own subjectivity and consider their grades for better or worse within that lenses. 

That's why one PFF guy can see a player this way.  And other can see it another way.    You can watch some of those dudes they do plenty of youtube videos -- anaylsis of schemes among other things.  It feels like a hipster position to call them out as idiots.  But they aren't.  They disagree with each other on these segments all the time.  You both accuse them for being simplistic while also hitting them for not being simplistic enough -- just run with the grade.   Pick a lane on that.  It can't be both. 

So for example, I watch Ricky Stromberg and find him to be a good player.  I like how he run blocked in particular and explained why in detail.  PFF grades Ricky Stromberg likewise as a good blocker -- but their grades are based on him handiling the assignment in front of him, that's it.  They aren't going to hit him on technique.  They can talk about technique beyond the grade but it won't effect the actual grade. 

So for example there are a couple of posters here I respect who also watched Stromberg who agree with me.   Thety like him, like i do.  There is another poster who I also respect but he disagrees with my take on Stromberg, he finds him somewhat sloppy in his technique and not that coordinated even if he got the job done.   So he wondered about his prospects as a player.   So yeah apparently some in PFF see it like he does.   

You can't make any sense of PFF giving Stromberg a good grade yet disliking him.  I can make sense of it because I can see how he both can get a good grade but also them not digging the player so much ala one of the people here who watched him.   I disagree with their take.  But I get why they have that take.

So it's not about agreeing with PFF on players.  I disagree with them plenty of times.  But their grades aren't arbitrary nonsense like you've said in some posts.  I usually get where they are coming from whether I agree with them or not.

But you want to keep it real simplistic.  They have grades you don't agree with.  There are people who grade who make mistakes.  Hey I agree with both points.  But I am not a throw the baby out with the bath water -- extreme type.  I can use it as a tool, in the mix of things. 

But I presume this point is going to nowhere, so that's my last run of this PFF stuff.  lol, like I said on the draft thread, I can think of one person in particular who thinks I am too much of a critic of them and other outfits like that and go against the numbers too much.  You think i am a zealot for them.  So heck If I am upsetting both extremes.  I am doing OK.  :ols:

giphy.gif

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

would you say poking fun at @Skinsinparadise about Wylie getting the 4th highest PFF score was a bit taking the mickey out on him?  Did I do that right? Chip Chip and Cheerio?  

Don't get your knickers in a twist.  To me its another example of you cementing Wylie as being your guy.  Will see how he does this season.  This isn't the first rodeo of this Wylie stuff.  Personally I think you are crackers on this one.  But will see. 

16 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Don't get your knickers in a twist.  To me its another example of you cementing Wylie as being your guy.  Will see how he does this season.  This isn't the first rodeo of this Wylie stuff.  Personally I think you are crackers on this one.  But will see. 

I actually trying to joke with @MartinC about proper use of British slang.

Apparently I failed miserably at that…

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

giphy.gif

image.gif.cf25be9edb1dec78b3a273af21669c24.gif

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, tmandoug1 said:

Mods! Can we please provide these two with their own thread?

I’d suggested a room 🙂

It’s entertaining as an innocent bystander - and relevant. At least in parts. These guys are two of the posters who add the most value to the Board - but @Skinsinparadise @Voice_of_Reason you guys are way in the weeds on this PFF stuff - at some point it’s OK to disagree 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I actually trying to joke with @MartinC about proper use of British slang.

Apparently I failed miserably at that…

image.gif.cf25be9edb1dec78b3a273af21669c24.gif

I got what you were tying to do.  I hit you back with British slang too, tit for tat.   You directed the question to him but you did it in reference to my post.   So I directed mine to your post but without bringing him into it, that's all.  I guess that was lost.  😎

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I got what you were tying to do.  I hit you back with British slang too, tit for tat.   You directed the question to him but you did it in reference to my post.   So I directed mine to your post but without bringing him into it, that's all.  I guess that was lost.  😎

You Floridians have a strange sense of humor :ols:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, redskinss said:

I trust the word of an infomercial salesman more than I do the praise from a coach we're facing this week.

They always blow smoke up your ass all week to try some dimestore reverse psychology tactics. 

Nah, he's just setting himself and their fans up for a loss if Sam balls out.  Lol

15 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Ya know, that fine on the out of bounds hit is big bag of BS

Honest question - what did Gibson do to get that fine? And how in the world is the late hit on Howell only $18k??? NFL has some wacky calculations to determine fines. But that's borderline criminal. 

Trying not too get too excited, but it's definitely hinting at the possibility that at bare minimum, he's solid, and a ridiculous value as a 5th rounder. Those of us that saw the 1st round grades summer of '21, hyped we somehow inexplicably got him in the 5th? Wow. Could he be the real deal? Maybe. At worst, he's certainly suggesting he's probably one of the best two or three drafted QB's we've developed in house the last 30 years (which admittedly aint saying much) and could be top 2. 

Wild. 3 games, 3 wins, no stinkers. Wow. 

• Like 4