Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Possible Qb option for next season. Not saying I want them just a guess who may be available. 

Derrick Carr

Zach Wilson

Dan Jones 

Tom Brady

Lamer Jackson

G. Smith

Jimmy G

Baker Mayfield

Ryan Tannehill 

Rookie Qb

A Rodgers

M. Marrota 

M. Trubisky 

Some of these guys we have no shot at.If we don't go with Howell or a rookie, I could see us going after Carr, Tannehill, or Wilson. Will be interesting to see off season this year. I think people want Carr we will probably end up with Tannehill 

Wouldn't want him, but Goff should be on that list somewhere. 

I wonder if teams end up calling about Purdy or if SF even considers moving Lance if not. Bit of a stretch, but possible. 

• Thumb up 1

Geez, after SNF i've lost what little faith I had in Turner; as an OC he has no idea of attacking weaknesses, no idea of the porous o-line protection and no idea of adjusting in-game.

TH looked like crap and can't put all blame on him but he certainly didn't play near to his potential, especially when linemen are already in the backfield when taking the snap. 

The opening d rive of the 2nd half was great; they didn't run on 1st down like they were all game, threw the ball quickly, TH got out of the pocket and made some plays, and they marched down the field and scored.  hmmm, things turning around? NO. What do they do? Go right back to the same predictable play calling.

IT doesn't matter what QB they put behind center, even Mahomes would eventually get either hurt or sacked. 

I've always liked Trevor Lawrence but thats not an option, but a TALL QB who has some agility would be an improvement, especially with this o-line, but until this team gets REAL quality coaching and an o-line that functions they will be just spinning their wheels...

6 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It doesn't matter who and what outfit is grading Taylor, they all have him somewhere from bad to atrocious.  

I think Taylor gets unfairly crit...

Nevermind. I'll shut up.

Edited by ExoDus84
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

I hear this argument often. Why can other teams sign elite QB’s and still have big time talent at other positions? You think every serious contending team has a stacked OL? I would hate to lose someone like Payne, but if it was between him and Lamar Jackson, I’m choosing Lamar. We can win without a dominant D lineman. We’re not going anywhere without a good QB. 

Yeah but it's not as simple as Lamar or Payne.  Lamar is not signing for less than $50 mil per year.  That's equal to 3 high end starters.  Yes I would pay Burrow, Mahomes, and Allen that type of money.  If Lamar was so good then why is Baltimore even considering letting him go.  Lamar is fools good.  Let's build the line and hope Howell will work out.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Daniel.redskins said:

Yeah but it's not as simple as Lamar or Payne.  Lamar is not signing for less than $50 mil per year.  That's equal to 3 high end starters.  Yes I would pay Burrow, Mahomes, and Allen that type of money.  If Lamar was so good then why is Baltimore even considering letting him go.  Lamar is fools good.  Let's build the line and hope Howell will work out.  

Lamar is just as accomplished, if not more considering he won an MVP, as Josh Allen. Allen was just another QB until Diggs got there. Mahomes is phenomenal, but he had Tyreek Hill and has perhaps the best TE ever. Give Lamar our talent and this team would be dangerous despite losing a couple of pieces in other areas. 

Edited by No Nonsense

23 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Wouldn't want him, but Goff should be on that list somewhere. 

I wonder if teams end up calling about Purdy or if SF even considers moving Lance if not. Bit of a stretch, but possible. 

I think Lance could definitely get moved. Depending on how playoffs go. I don't think Lance has ever won over the locker room.

Edited by Redskins 2021

1 hour ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I agree oline is biggest problem. I think they thought A. norwell and T. Turner could still play at top level. They obviously can't. We need to definitely upgrade the oline and secondary. 

They probably should have been able to figure out that teams cut those scrubs for a reason.

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

I hate this argument. You're basically saying "Even if something is the right thing to do, we can't do it. Why? Because it isn't done. Why again? Because we just can't."

It's nonsense. Especially is you're to draft a guy like Richardson (which I'm definitely not advocating), the guy clearly needs a lot of work. I don't care if you take him in the top 10, you need to sit him, work on his mechanics, work on his accuracy, get him ready to be a good QB. Any Coach or GM should grow a modicum of balls and say "hey, we think this guy could be our QB for a long time and we're going to do the best thing to ensure that happens. Which means he's not playing for a while. Don't like it? Well, fire me and do the dumb thing then. But as long as it's my team, I'm doing what's best rather than doing the wrong thing because 'it's just the way things are done.'"

You can hate it all you want but that’s the history on it. Go back and do the research if you want. It’s already been done 

1 hour ago, No Nonsense said:

Lamar is just as accomplished, if not more considering he won an MVP, as Josh Allen. Allen was just another QB until Diggs got there. Mahomes is phenomenal, but he had Tyreek Hill and has perhaps the best TE ever. Give Lamar our talent and this team would be dangerous despite losing a couple of pieces in other areas. 

Not a single NFL coach with more than two brain cells to rub together would even consider taking Lamar Jackson over Josh Allen, assuming the price was the same. Allen is about 10x the passer that Lamar is and has almost the same amount of rushing yards this season as Lamar, but with twice the number of rushing TDs.

Allen will also most likely be an elite NFL QB for the next 10+ years. Lamar is a running QB who's only a mediocre passer. Once he loses a step or two, he'll mostly be done, like other running QBs.

Those two guys aren't even in in the same ballpark.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

Just now, mistertim said:

I'd also like to add that I'm legitimately at the point where I'll consider some sort of supernatural phenomenon as the reason why so many DBs seem to drop interceptions from Heinicke that hit them in the hands. It's completely and utterly uncanny.

GP on the radio today said TH is the only QB in the NFL that puts some sort of special english on his throws to make the ball spin differently where only his players are able to catch it while it shocks the DB hands if they hang on to it for too long. 

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I'd also like to add that I'm legitimately at the point where I'll consider some sort of supernatural phenomenon as the reason why so many DBs seem to drop interceptions from Heinicke that hit them in the hands. It's completely and utterly uncanny.

I believe Wentz benefited from the same last year as he only put 7 INTs for the season in Indy

3 minutes ago, Conn said:

Our future? Who knows 

The guy is 21 and this is his 3rd year in college at a major program. You have to ask yourself why he is so raw...is he lazy, does he have low football IQ or something else?

It sounds like Ron is right up to the line in the sand to make a change at QB, I just wonder why Ron would even give Heinicke the entire 49ers job to save his job.  If Heinicke gets out to another mediocre start, but the game is still in doubt going into halftime, just bench him then.  This isn't like throwing a rookie out there into a pressure situation. Wentz, like him or not is a vet QB that should be able to handle the situation.....as well as he could behind this O-line that is.  

I don't think Wentz is any kind of magic pill at this point, but there's just too much being left on the field at this point.  At the time of season you need to be playing your best, Heinicke is regressing and/or just not improving on the small things. 

5 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

It sounds like Ron is right up to the line in the sand to make a change at QB, I just wonder why Ron would even give Heinicke the entire 49ers job to save his job.  If Heinicke gets out to another mediocre start, but the game is still in doubt going into halftime, just bench him then.  This isn't like throwing a rookie out there into a pressure situation. Wentz, like him or not is a vet QB that should be able to handle the situation.....as well as he could behind this O-line that is.  

I don't think Wentz is any kind of magic pill at this point, but there's just too much being left on the field at this point.  At the time of season you need to be playing your best, Heinicke is regressing and/or just not improving on the small things. 

Wentz would also get demolished by the Niners D. IF we lose to them then Wentz plays in the home game against the Browns. Like GP said on the radio today he feels sorry for TH for playing the Niners and it is not fair to him. The Niners have #1 D against the run and #5 against the Pass. So Ron will not make a change to the QB for the Niners game. TH is still a bit more mobile than Wentz. You do not want Wentz in the Niners game at all. 

35 minutes ago, method man said:

I believe Wentz benefited from the same last year as he only put 7 INTs for the season in Indy

Well with Heinicke it's not just going on the eye test (though the eye test agrees). There's plenty of empirical evidence to support Heinicke throwing more should-be interceptions. IIRC it was PFF that charted "turnover-worthy" throws by all QBs in the NFL, and Heinicke was either the highest or he was right up there.

I'm guessing there's some information for that on Wentz from last season but I haven't found it yet.

1 hour ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Listening to Ron Today makes me think that if TH doesn't play reasonably well this week and they lose, he's going to Wentz against the Browns.

Also, the idea of drafting a QB in Ron's 4th year would be shocking.  

Doesn't matter. If they can't block a rookie, how are they going to stop Bosa?

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, tshile said:

Some of these twitter analysis are terrible. 
the dropped pick in the end zone is because of a bad snap, he didn’t have his eyes on the field and didn’t get to read things. He panicked and threw it. It happens. Not a great decision but that’s why. 

the Samuel throw down the side line was because he was under pressure and trying to get rid of it before the pocket collapsed. It was solid to make the completion. Yet these boobs are complaining he didn’t hit him in stride for a TD run. 

most fan analysis is total and utter garbage. It’s almost like they don’t ever watch football and base everything off a life of playing madden or something. 

I disagree.  First, I think it can be argued that Taylor should have caught the snap.  It appears to be at about his eye level.  Looks higher at first blush because Taylor knocked it way up in the air.  Second, he had time and got himself set for that throw, and clearly saw Dotson.  But, third, he failed to lead Dotson, who had a step or two on the defender.  Dotson had to come to a stop because of Taylor's inaccurate throw, allowing the defender to catch up and step in front.  Should have been a TD with an NFL QB passing, and should have been a pick, once the poor pass occurred.