Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

5 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

I personally thought it was a 2 man class with maybe AR elevating before the season. He did some but thats how its played out. Levis for me would be vomit inducing. 

Right now for me its this order for QB. 

1. Lamar in the 1% chance of him reaching the non exclusive tag

2. AR15 and even then I would lean against taking a QB if Ron is here. If Ron isnt here I would still lean against it until we get the full staff in place

3. Howell

Options like Jimmy G and Carr is more of the same BS we have done for most of the last 20 years. An older stop gap because "were close" (Brunell Fitz) or a cast away "decent to good" option thats clearly on their 30 yr old plus slide (Alex Mcnabb. Im also tired of the 2nd-3rd tier of QB prospects we love choosing from like Ramsey Campbell Dwayne.

We need an elite talent at the position. Its damn time for them to plan to get one. Take the big swing. Position yourself to guarantee you get one. They have been failing to prepare for it and not preparing to fail because of it. A QB is a multi year planning process. Do it right for once. Its not a shock that the only time this fan base had real hope of doing damage in the play offs is with Rob. 

Do you hate Levis more or less than you hate Dotson? 😎

Possible Qb option for next season. Not saying I want them just a guess who may be available. 

Derrick Carr

Zach Wilson

Dan Jones 

Tom Brady

Lamer Jackson

G. Smith

Jimmy G

Baker Mayfield

Ryan Tannehill 

Rookie Qb

A Rodgers

M. Marrota 

M. Trubisky 

Some of these guys we have no shot at.If we don't go with Howell or a rookie, I could see us going after Carr, Tannehill, or Wilson. Will be interesting to see off season this year. I think people want Carr we will probably end up with Tannehill 

Edited by Redskins 2021

2 hours ago, The Consigliere said:

I should probably note, of the guys selected after that I would have taken:

Pickens

Skyy Moore

Treylon Burks.

Pickens is showing well. He was my #2 after Burks, who I love seeing starting to ball out. I feel bad for him because you know AJ Brown is mentioned all the time with him. Since we're on the topic, I also whiffed badly on Christian Watson. I didn't dislike him, but was concerned about the drops and competition. The guy has turned into a freaking stud in Green Bay. 

3 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Possible Qb option for next season. Not saying I want them just a guess who may be available. 

Derrick Carr

Zach Wilson

Dan Jones 

Tom Brady

Lamer Jackson

G. Smith

Jimmy G

Baker Mayfield

Ryan Tannehill 

Rookie Qb 

Some of these guys we have no shot at.If we don't go with Howell or a rookie, I could see us going after Carr, Tannehill, or Wilson. Will be interesting to see off season this year.

Of the list I think Tannehill is the mostly likely. I dont think Carr leaves and I honestly could see him retiring if they tried moving him. Hes been very adamant he doesnt want to play anywhere else. Brady is a sideshow at this point. Lamar is an obvious yes but we'll be in a group of like 6 teams. Geno I think stays. Jimmy IMO is NYJ bound. WHo knows about Wilson Baker no.

God it was such a mistake winning that game in 2020 to win the division. Ours and Phillys future would be wildly different.

• Thumb up 1

21 minutes ago, tshile said:

With this team playing the way it is (and I’ve mentioned several times but again - I think keeping the team playing the same way is important, we need the D to be good, same with WR/RB) you can groom a qb

and I don’t really give a **** if it means next season is around .500 if it means successfully grooming a young qb. 

I can’t tell you who. Everyone’s always enamored by the top guys but quality can be found. We don’t need a future HOFer we need someone who can be top half of the league worthy. 

after 20+ years of throwing rookie QB’s to the wolves and ruining god knows how many careers of those young men, we’re finally in a position to groom someone.

so. 

do that. 

——

(Merged by forum software)

What about Kirk cousins?

is his contract up yet?

Shopping in the 2nd tier aisle of QBs, been there done that plenty.

Not saying it can't eventually work but its more or a lottery ticket than anything else.  the hit rate on QBs past the 1st round is beyond abysmal. 

i am ok with taking a QB after the first but if so keep swinging every year until you hit and expect that it will take some time to get lucky.  

But i am not in rebuild mode.  I'd rather have a veteran but i don't mind drafting at the same time. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

2 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Of the list I think Tannehill is the mostly likely. I dont think Carr leaves and I honestly could see him retiring if they tried moving him. Hes been very adamant he doesnt want to play anywhere else. Brady is a sideshow at this point. Lamar is an obvious yes but we'll be in a group of like 6 teams. Geno I think stays. Jimmy IMO is NYJ bound. WHo knows about Wilson Baker no.

God it was such a mistake winning that game in 2020 to win the division. Ours and Phillys future would be wildly different.

I think it will be Tannehill also. I would like to at least have the team look at Z. Wilson on the cheap. If they don't like Howell.

Edited by Redskins 2021

Who will be looking to contended  and needs a Qb that is who we will be contending with for vet Qb. Trading for a vet Qb worked out terribly for all the teams that did it this year but there maybe better Qbs available this year. With the team for sale I think we are looking at a 2nd tier vet this year.

Teams looking at vet Qb

New Orleans 

NYJ

Us

Indy

Tampa

Carolina 

Maybe Pittsburgh 

Maybe Arizona 

Edited by Redskins 2021

15 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

But there "close" and they want to win. 

I just see Tannehill as just another aging retread that won’t take us anywhere. If the Jets want to move on from Zach Wilson, I wouldn’t be against it because he’s still very young and he has load of potential. I do believe he does need to adjust his attitude though. 

Edited by No Nonsense
  • Like 1

I would think there is a good chance both Zach Wilson and Trey Lance will be available in the offseason on cheaper deals.

I would like to maybe take a shot on Wilson at the right price. The talent is there you can see it but the attitude could be a problem.

Lance, I don't know they gave alot up to get him but he has done nothing. Alot of this comes down to what they think of Howell. He probably deserves a shot. If that the case I think they bring in a Tannehill. Tannehill is a retread but I think he will be alot cheaper then Wentz was plus he is an Fa no draft picks to give up.

Edited by Redskins 2021

8 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I would think there is a good chance both Zach Wilson and Trey Lance will be available in the offseason on cheaper deals.

I would like to maybe take a shot on Wilson at the right price. The talent is there you can see it but the attitude could be a problem.

Lance, I don't know they gave alot up to get him but he has done nothing.

Trey Lance was the starter for the SF at the beginning of the season and would have been he not been injured.  He's the future at QB for the 49ers.  Zach Wilson is awful and probably 10x worse than Heinicke.  Massive downgrade.  Plus he doesn't take any accountability for his play so he wouldn't be a good teammate.  

Edited by NoVaSkins21

56 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Derrick Carr

Zach Wilson

Dan Jones 

Tom Brady

Lamer Jackson

G. Smith

Jimmy G

Baker Mayfield

Ryan Tannehill 

Rookie Qb

A Rodgers

M. Marrota 

M. Trubisky 

Some of these guys we have no shot at.If we don't go with Howell or a rookie, I could see us going after Carr, Tannehill, or Wilson. Will be interesting to see off season this year. I think people want Carr we will probably end up with Tannehill 

Daniel Jones and Jimmy G are the type I could see Ron going after. I definitely prefer that they pay Daron Payne and spend a little less on Qb. They got desperate to have an answer set and way overpaid for Carson. The type of qb we will end up with will be far cheaper after the initial wave of free agency and into the draft. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

I don't understand why so many people can't realize that this teams biggest weakness is the o-line. Do people seriously think Tannehill or Carr will improve our record?  Do people really think signing Lamar to $300 million deal and letting Payne, Sweat, and Holcombe walk is a smart idea?  

I don't hate Dotson, he is a great player.  But we should have gone o-line.  The Giants were clearly the better team last night and they have nobody at wide receiver.  Their dline knocked our oline's teeth out.  Folks, another year of no playoffs with a stacked wide receiver group.  How about we build the line and then worry about QB and WR?    

8 minutes ago, Daniel.redskins said:

I don't understand why so many people can't realize that this teams biggest weakness is the o-line. Do people seriously think Tannehill or Carr will improve our record?  Do people really think signing Lamar to $300 million deal and letting Payne, Sweat, and Holcombe walk is a smart idea?  

I don't hate Dotson, he is a great player.  But we should have gone o-line.  The Giants were clearly the better team last night and they have nobody at wide receiver.  Their dline knocked our oline's teeth out.  Folks, another year of no playoffs with a stacked wide receiver group.  How about we build the line and then worry about QB and WR?    

I agree oline is biggest problem. I think they thought A. norwell and T. Turner could still play at top level. They obviously can't. We need to definitely upgrade the oline and secondary. 

Edited by Redskins 2021

1 hour ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Derrick Carr

Zach Wilson

Dan Jones 

Tom Brady

Lamer Jackson

G. Smith

Jimmy G

Baker Mayfield

Ryan Tannehill 

Rookie Qb

A Rodgers

M. Marrota 

M. Trubisky 

Give me Lamar or give me any QB that we draft or have already drafted.

I don't want another teams failed selection that ended up being the new hotness only to result in becoming the 2nd or 3rd team's broken dreams for a happy ending.

Give me aggressive offensive play, give me a kid hell bent on being the best version of there football selves.  Give me a 5th rounder that can move and throw.

They're out there damnit!

18 minutes ago, Daniel.redskins said:

Are you under the impression that you can only do one thing at a time? QB and a couple upgraded OL spots should both be addressed. As long as we prioritize bringing back Payne, the rest of the roster will be fine with some rookie and cheap FA additions. 

20 minutes ago, Daniel.redskins said:

Its QB. Will always be QB until the position is fixed. 

1 hour ago, Zim489 said:

The league isnt built this way any more. QBs no longer groom. Either they play right within the first half of their rookie year or their busts. Mahomes is the only QB since Rodgers to sit their first year. He came out and threw 49 TDs his 2nd season. Theres zero reason to believe he couldnt have done something similar his rookie season. That decision probably cost Andy Reid another SB oppertunity.

I hate this argument. You're basically saying "Even if something is the right thing to do, we can't do it. Why? Because it isn't done. Why again? Because we just can't."

It's nonsense. Especially is you're to draft a guy like Richardson (which I'm definitely not advocating), the guy clearly needs a lot of work. I don't care if you take him in the top 10, you need to sit him, work on his mechanics, work on his accuracy, get him ready to be a good QB. Any Coach or GM should grow a modicum of balls and say "hey, we think this guy could be our QB for a long time and we're going to do the best thing to ensure that happens. Which means he's not playing for a while. Don't like it? Well, fire me and do the dumb thing then. But as long as it's my team, I'm doing what's best rather than doing the wrong thing because 'it's just the way things are done.'"

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Daniel.redskins said:

I hear this argument often. Why can other teams sign elite QB’s and still have big time talent at other positions? You think every serious contending team has a stacked OL? I would hate to lose someone like Payne, but if it was between him and Lamar Jackson, I’m choosing Lamar. We can win without a dominant D lineman. We’re not going anywhere without a good QB. 

Edited by No Nonsense