Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

**** no. I will want them to blast his pasty white ass into oblivion every week.

Im not gonna say why I kinda hope the Giants draft Daniels if they get one of them….cause it’s probably bad luck. But it’s something similar with just enough Alex Smith sprinkled in to make it gnarly

Just now, RWJ said:

No way.  If Daniels goes to the Patriots or Giants would you root for him?

I would root for something to happen to him, yes lol

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Llevron said:

If Maye goes to the Giants y’all gonna root for him? Would be entertaining 

Unless you went to UNC that’s unacceptable. Even then it’s not appropriate. When Aikman went from UCLA to the Cowboys I thought I would have a hard time wanting him to fail, but it wasn’t hard at all. Never underestimate the amount of hate you can generate. 😂 

• Haha 2

I love Maye as a prospect too, but it's crazy how many don't want to hear all the positives coming out about Daniels. Apparently next level when it comes to work-ethic and leadership, according to the people who have actually worked with him. "Committed to the game and one of the finest young men I have ever worked with" according to Scott Pioli. But on this thread, he's dismissed as an aloof diva.  

Edited by Hooper
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

6 minutes ago, Hooper said:

I love Maye as a prospect too, but it's crazy how many don't want to hear all the positives coming out about Daniels. Apparently next level when it comes to work-ethic and leadership, according to the people who have actually worked with him. But on this thread, he's dismissed as an aloof diva. 

I think a lot of that stuff is people just trying to have a little fun in this thread and being intentionally ridiculous.

I get all of the positives about Daniels. They are amazing. It’s the only reason that his negatives aren’t automatically disqualifying to me like they would be for any other prospect. I think they are serious and I don’t think they are correctable. If there wasn’t going to be somebody that I viewed as a better prospect on the board, I would be fine with it and hope for the best because if that’s what you get, he’s a stud.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Tt

I broke the code. The reason Jayden's wheeling around such a big bag is because his mom's inside it. 

Two passengers for the price of one!

If they reversed, Jayden could have fit in her purse. No need to check the bag. 

• Haha 5

Daniels also probably brought gifts for all the other invited players -- another thing that explains the big bag.  Just like he always took out his linemen for dinner at LSU.

Can't believe Maye and JJ are so selfish. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Epochalypse said:

I went ahead and checked because I was curious. Jayden Daniels is basically the same height and weight as Randall Cunningham during his playing days.

Take that FWIW.

Cunningham missed pretty substantial time to injury. Which is most of our biggest concern with Daniels. Add in the fact that defensive players are far bigger and faster than they were in Cunninghams's days and we might have a problem. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

2 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Bigger bag could mean Daniels just came more prepared than Maye and JJ -- would line up with their reputations.

Or could be he’s a diva and doesn’t care about making DQ and Peters wait while he makes his way to baggage claim and gets his bag during what is basically a job interview. 

Then again he had to leave the combine early so he might need all his stuffed animals to sleep away from home for a night. Or it could be frozen milk he can thaw and nurse on in the blue tent. Almost as good as having mommy on the sideline like the Alabama game. Who knows. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

One of the LSU coaches talked about Daniels really discovered how to maximize his running last year in a bigger way.

Last season, Daniels averaged 8.4 YPC and 119 yards per game on the ground which are insane numbers.

Did the coach elaborate on that at all? As in, what did he discover?

I’m curious because I watched most of his 2021 season this afternoon, and it’s true, he was definitely a better runner last year than he was then. He was still good, and still dangerous — but it was a lot more 4-8 yard runs than the 15+ yard chunks he was ripping off seemingly every time in 2023.

QB running is not something I typically bank on developing substantially with more experience, so I find interesting this notion that he “discovered” something. Was it something(s) specific that he worked on — or do we think it was more just about becoming a man amongst boys as he got older (but the average defender stayed the same age, yes they did)?

50 minutes ago, Hooper said:

That Gruden McCoy you tube video is great.

Gruden does a really good job explaining why Daniels is so enticing.

McCoy loves Pennix.

Great stuff overall. Feels like a good year to need a QB. 

Gruden thought McCoy was a starting QB.  

Ergo his a dumb ass and his opinion is null and void. 

I find it ironic he and his adopted son are going “because we suck at doing well talk about it” shows.

Remember last year when McCoy was so unwanted he was cut in training camp and the Cards traded for a guy and started him 7 days later?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Hooper said:

I love Maye as a prospect too, but it's crazy how many don't want to hear all the positives coming out about Daniels. Apparently next level when it comes to work-ethic and leadership, according to the people who have actually worked with him. "Committed to the game and one of the finest young men I have ever worked with" according to Scott Pioli. But on this thread, he's dismissed as an aloof diva.  

I want Maye too.  But the Daniels hate here is wild and over the top IMO -- its not consistent at all with the takes on Daniels judging by stories-leaks-people who know him, NFL observors on and on.      Outside of here, he's an exciting prospect.  Here the dude is a cross between Josh Johnson and Colt McCoy.

Even though I am one of the more optimistic people in the context that I think the pick still can be Maye but it feels like Daniels has a legit shot.

So what happens if they take Daniels, I gather deep depression from some then.  And then the Peters honeymoon is either over or some will come up with some narrative that the poor dude was coerced into making the decision. 😢

giphy.gif

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Did the coach elaborate on that at all? As in, what did he discover?

I’m curious because I watched most of his 2021 season this afternoon, and it’s true, he was definitely a better runner last year than he was then. He was still good, and still dangerous — but it was a lot more 4-8 yard runs than the 15+ yard chunks he was ripping off seemingly every time in 2023.

QB running is not something I typically bank on developing substantially with more experience, so I find interesting this notion that he “discovered” something. Was it something(s) specific that he worked on — or do we think it was more just about becoming a man amongst boys as he got older (but the average defender stayed the same age, yes they did)?

Not in that segment.  It wasn't explained.  But as to myself I've watched every run from last year multiple times.  And @wit33 in particular might recall am big on dudes with wheels and like to watch running QBs -- Jayden's running last year was special.  One of the best I've seen and better than Baylor RG3 IMO.   

He had a better YPC last season than any college season Lamar has in college.  Don't get me wrong Lamar is the better runner.  But it wouldn't shock me at all if Jayden can stay healthy he will become the 2nd best runner among QBs in the NFL. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

That pic of Daniels shows him so skinny. Defensive players are huge now. During practice our defense will crush him. He's not going to last long in the league. We need someone who's here for at least a decade or more. Please don't take Daniels. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Gruden thought McCoy was a starting QB.  

Ergo his a dumb ass and his opinion is null and void. 

I find it ironic he and his adopted son are going “because we suck at doing well talk about it” shows.

Remember last year when McCoy was so unwanted he was cut in training camp and the Cards traded for a guy and started him 7 days later?

To each their own.

Colt was an undersized guy with a below average arm who played for 15 years in the NFL. He must know a little something about playing the position.

And I always enjoy listening to Jay talk ball. Has a pretty good rep as a talent evaluator too. 

They both really like Drake too FWIW.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hooper said:

no.

Everyone is scared of him getting hurt. 12 years ago we all made a pact...that if he ever came back wed meet back here to fight him

image.thumb.jpeg.e4979d4bf693879d4380238d0a53d5d2.jpeg

• Haha 6