Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, Redd said:

It’s still amusing after all these years watching fellow ES members argue like our points matter in the slightest who gets drafted.

Never changes. Above all else, convince someone else that you’re right. Can’t wait for preseason to start again so we can join together and trash/love our team again when they under/over achieve. You folks are a trip and fun to read the back and forth.

That's why the name fits:  Extreme!  Definition by Merriam-Webster:  excessive, exorbitant, immoderate, and inordinate

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I am just asking y’all to be honest. I don’t care who is right. I need the character of this board to be above reproach and it’s hard to do that when you post easily proven falsehoods. 

Y’all are starting to remind me of this one user on Twitter I saw. Never found the guy. But if I do I hope he is more honest in person than he is on Twitter. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I have posted clip after clip of him going through his reads. I can continue to do that if it helps. If your argument is “one read and run” and I can literally with video prove that is not the case….how do we move forward from there? Help me understand it. 

I’ve watched a lot of Jayden, he will read the entire field sometimes and throw an accurate pass to his 4th option, on time, and accurately. I’m not sure where the 1 read and take off stuff comes from. I think he is the best processor coming in this years class. He consistently finds the most open man. And according to Jon Kiem, there are plenty of NFL guys that feel the same way.

• Like 1

Instead of a dual threat QB, what if we get a great passer/processor/leader guy and put a tough, well built, fast RB in the backfield next to him as a dual threat? I read about this on an interwebs site somewhere. 

1088429632_emj2.jpg.43ea44c98954ed10e519a2eabe2df3d2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb up 3

1 hour ago, The Consigliere said:

His ability to move thru progressions jumped off the film for me.

Tracking JDs progressions is much easier than it is for other guys. He marries his feet with his aim and you can see him work thru the tree very clearly with his whole body.

On top of that SEC supremacy matters. In his Pro Day review Keim made very clear that opponents that most other QBs faced did not provide the same challenge in terms of diagnosis. What they showed pre-snap was what you got. JDs opponents would alter themselves post-snap and that changes how a QB has to read a play.

JD was given a more difficult assignment in terms of reading a D than most QBs in the country, and did absolute work against it. Being able to shred 'Bama from the pocket just aint the same as ding it against some bum school, its very impressive.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Instead of a dual threat QB, what if we get a great passer/processor/leader guy and put a tough, well built, fast RB in the backfield next to him as a dual threat? I read about this on an interwebs site somewhere. 

Yep, we need the entire Michigan backfield. Lol

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

The NFL banned running backs at the latest owners meeting.  Something about player safety.

• Haha 7

I have almost the same information all of us have on these QBs.  We are all missing the inside scoop that only the NFL GMs and coaches have.  This is a fact.  With that said, I will repeat my prediction from a month ago, since I still believe it.

1) Chicago picks Caleb

2) If we pick Maye, the Patriots will trade out of the 3rd pick

If we pick JD, the Patriots will pick Maye.

I think we take Maye and someone like the Vikings or Giants get JD.  Personally, I hope it is the Giants.  They will once again be set back years by picking the wrong QB in the first.

• Like 3

I just think that Jayden's build is too slight in the long run. He's going to get injured at some point. I like Maye's frame a lot more. If he can get his footwork straightened out i think we are in business. Unfortunately in this world there are no guarantees.

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

I’ve watched a lot of Jayden, he will read the entire field sometimes and throw an accurate pass to his 4th option, on time, and accurately. I’m not sure where the 1 read and take off stuff comes from. I think he is the best processor coming in this years class. He consistently finds the most open man. And according to Jon Kiem, there are plenty of NFL guys that feel the same way.

I've watched a lot of him as well and I've certainly seen him go through progressions but I've also seen a fair amount of one read and then run or locking on to his first read. He can also get really antsy in the pocket, even when he has great protection, where he seems to frantically go through reads, but does it so fast that he literally looks over guys who are wide open. Not sure if he's looking for a big play or what.

As far as "consistently finds the most open man" I think that's a bit of an overstatement. He does that sometimes in the pocket but not often after he breaks is. That's one of my issues with him, is that when he gets pressured off his spot he has a major tendency to bring his eyes down and look to run instead of keeping his eyes downfield and buying time to find an open guy to get it to.

Before someone comes in with a clip of him throwing off platform after breaking the pocket, I'm not saying he can't do it or never does it. I'm saying that it's a noticeable trend that also does have data to back it up. Out of a group of 196 qualifying QBs since 2019 he was #193 when it came to how often he passed vs tucked and ran after breaking the pocket due to pressure. That's a bit concerning to me.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 4

59 minutes ago, Redd said:

It’s still amusing after all these years watching fellow ES members argue like our points matter in the slightest who gets drafted.

Yeah, it's tons of fun! 

It's like going to the zoo and watching a cage full of silly monkeys going wild with all sorts of mayhem and zany craziness...

Then it dawns on me that I'm just another silly monkey stuck in a cage, jumping around, crying out for attention, thinking I have all the answers, when I don't know a damn thing too.

Maybe life really is a Hieronymus Bosch painting.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Hmm, Jayden's comp is Arya Stark, I like that.

Arya defeated the evil knight king.

Perhaps Jayden will have a similar moment against those vile Cowboys.

Cowboys as the Night King is a great comp: both have primary colors of blue and white and both spent years getting hyped up as an unstoppable juggernaut but get eliminated in the first round.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

So coach Kelly says in a video that JD is the maaaan!  Ok, well now we have this little bitty.  

Washington Commanders: Rick Spielman thinks Maye goes ahead of Daniels (usatoday.com)

Ricky is being asked the question:

None of these guys know. They don’t have inside info like that - and if they did there is no chance they are giving it away in interviews (or anywhere else) or they would be frozen out of whatever relationships they have. As in most professions/business relationships are everything.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MartinC said:

None of these guys know. They don’t have inside info like that - and if they did there is no chance they are giving it away in interviews (or anywhere else) of they would be frozen out if whatever relationships they have. As I’m most professions/business relationships are everything.

Having some fun, MartinC.  :)  👍

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

58 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I've watched a lot of him as well and I've certainly seen him go through progressions but I've also seen a fair amount of one read and then run or locking on to his first read. He can also get really antsy in the pocket, even when he has great protection, where he seems to frantically go through reads, but does it so fast that he literally looks over guys who are wide open. Not sure if he's looking for a big play or what.

As far as "consistently finds the most open man" I think that's a bit of an overstatement. He does that sometimes in the pocket but not often after he breaks is. That's one of my issues with him, is that when he gets pressured off his spot he has a major tendency to bring his eyes down and look to run instead of keeping his eyes downfield and buying time to find an open guy to get it to.

Before someone comes in with a clip of him throwing off platform after breaking the pocket, I'm not saying he can't do it or never does it. I'm saying that it's a noticeable trend that also does have data to back it up. Out of a group of 196 qualifying QBs since 2019 he was #193 when it came to how often he passed vs tucked and ran after breaking the pocket due to pressure. That's a bit concerning to me.

I don’t know bro. I have looked at soo soo much of his film and breakdowns by professionals and I think maybe one of them (and I don’t even know who that guys was, and he only went through one game) agrees with you on his processing and progressions. Not a single draft profile I have seen agrees with you. It’s actually listed as on of his biggest strengths on the draft profiles by NFL.com, PFF, Bleacher Report, CBS Sports…..I can go on and on. I haven’t run into ONE place that is agreeing with you. I just want you to quantify it outside of “Trust me I saw it”. Cause I trust you. But I would like to verify lol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

Like.... the whole universe is connected man

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

55 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Yeah, it's tons of fun! 

It's like going to the zoo and watching a cage full of silly monkeys going wild with all sorts of mayhem and zany craziness...

Then it dawns on me that I'm just another silly monkey stuck in a cage, jumping around, crying out for attention, thinking I have all the answers, when I don't know a damn thing too.

Maybe life really is a Hieronymus Bosch painting.

Back in my earlier days here I used to post jpegs of Bosch paintings in here for their similarities to the stadium, particularly QB and gameday threads. 👹

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I don’t know bro. I have looked at soo soo much of his film and breakdowns by professionals and I think maybe one of them (and I don’t even know who that guys was, and he only went through one game) agrees with you on his processing and progressions. Not a single draft profile I have seen agrees with you. It’s actually listed as on of his biggest strengths on the draft profiles by NFL.com, PFF, Bleacher Report, CBS Sports…..I can go on and on. I haven’t run into ONE place that is agreeing with you. I just want you to quantify it outside of “Trust me I saw it”. Cause I trust you. But I would like to verify lol. 

I actually agree with tim to the degree I do think I'm seeing that to some extent on film, but I'm wishy washy as to sureness or it being real and even if it is, I still allow it could be a nothing burger, or a real but minor issue, or actually even a bigger thing than I think now 😄 once he's playing in this league. 

This is one reason why all my takes are free to the consumer. 🤡

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

I actually agree with tim to the degree I do think I'm seeing that to some extent on film, but I'm wishy washy as to sureness or it being real and even if it is, I still allow it could be a nothing burger, or a real but minor issue, or actually even a bigger thing than I think now 😄 once he's playing in this league. 

This is one reason why all my takes are free to the consumer. 🤡

Damn I was just getting my wallet lol

• Haha 1