Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Rypien doesn’t seem like a guy you want in the room to groom the first overall pick. You would think someone with more starting experience would be brought in. Could they possibly be keeping Fields and trading out?

That an odd pickup for bears

Edited by Redskins 2021

1 hour ago, oraphus said:

I also find these so called "rumors" of teams willing to give up a 3rd for Howell hilariously comical.. i think a 6th rd pick would be a steal at this point. 

a..d yes i quoted myself :D 

I agree with this.  I actually would like to keep Howell as he's a really cheap young QB who can play in the league.  But fans here are overvalued his worth. A 3rd or 4th won't happen IMO.

3 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

HF you say...  TXPD is one. I had some epic battles with him - he was always anti fighting because of the injury risks, but then had no problem with car racing. There are many others that crossed the bridge and we are left to speculate who is gone for good or just needed a break from all us sports obsessed fanatics posting all the time. It is interesting seeing an old face randomly reappear.

I’m at HFBoards too :cheers:as Well as real GM wizards and Nats Forum. And yeah life gets in the way good and bad so step away from the keyboard for a while. The Tailgate on this board offered some really sound advice during my HS and college years and very appreciative of the knowledge here. Was a different time around here in the early 2000s. I miss the old Redskin avatars and that clown avatar that was given to folks like Pittman4two. 

I’m a DC message board renaissance man. :lol:

Dang it not sure how this got looped in

On 3/12/2024 at 1:18 PM, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:
Edited by BayouBrave86
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rolo Tomasie said:

It's almost like Kurt is coming to realize Drake was running a crap offense with extremely limited players.

He is not really coming around to anything.

His whole schtick is college offense in general is crap and does not allow QBs to make regular consistent NFL reads/mannerisms/throws.

Man hates him some college coaching

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 1

Oh and guys, if we draft Maye or Williams and they’re busts…don’t worry, LSU has another stud at QB coming down the pipeline and his name is Garrett Nussmeier. He will be in the Heisman convo this season. Jackson Arnold for Oklahoma is going to be a stud too. 

5 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

You've been chasing after Howell like a common hoo-ore for pages now.

Frankly, I'm depressed and ashamed.

You should probably tell your therapist, not a message board oozing with unbridled fandom.

1 hour ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

This is still just speculation. I don’t think signing Mariota means anything other than signing Mariota. They’ll sort it out in camp (Howell will beat out Mariota for the backup job), or they are positioned to trade him if they get an offer to their liking. 

lol. Hell of a deductive logic you got there.  You don’t sign a backup qb at 6+mil for one year to have him compete with Howell for the backup job especially if you think Howell has a good chance of winning that competition.  

On 3/12/2024 at 1:18 PM, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Oh God...... no one gives a **** about these dumb college stats.

Why would you even post these?

Why don't you put up Mahomes numbers at Texas Tech to further confuse whatever point you think you are making?

A lot of people care about college stats.   You ok?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, oraphus said:

lol. Hell of a deductive logic you got there.  

Thanks man! I spell and read super good too!

Signing a vet QB for 6 million doesn’t mean a damn thing. It means they’re covering their bases. 

Edited by AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

31 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

Oh and guys, if we draft Maye or Williams and they’re busts…don’t worry, LSU has another stud at QB coming down the pipeline and his name is Garrett Nussmeier. 

Malreynolds Firefly GIF - Malreynolds Firefly Speechless - Discover & Share  GIFs

1 hour ago, BayouBrave86 said:

Oh and guys, if we draft Maye or Williams and they’re busts…don’t worry, LSU has another stud at QB coming down the pipeline and his name is Garrett Nussmeier. He will be in the Heisman convo this season. Jackson Arnold for Oklahoma is going to be a stud too. 

Hopefully our guy whomever it might be has a long career and becomes a future HOF and we won't need a topic thread like this for at least 12 years lol

3 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I agree with this.  I actually would like to keep Howell as he's a really cheap young QB who can play in the league.  But fans here are overvalued his worth. A 3rd or 4th won't happen IMO.

Howell is more than likely gone.

With the incumbent rookie QB and Mariotta he's now the odd man out.

Besides, lots of politics going around here.

Howell was hand-picked by RR and the new FO has demonstrated they want practically nothing to do with the old regime.

I'd take a 5th rounder for him and call it a day.

Edited by El Mexican
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I'm reading this with For What It's Worth by Buffalo Springfield playing in my head.

Ok, so what about the 49ers drafting Brock Purdy after trading a king's ransom for Trey Lance and having traded for Garappolo? Packers drafting Aaron Rodgers when Favre was on the roster, and later trading up for Jordan Love when ARod was league MVP? Those ended up being franchise saving moves. The only difference nowadays is that you can't stash a guy on your roster for 6 or 7 years as insurance.

Drake Maye is just as likely to be Mitch Trubisky as he is Justin Herbert.  We haven't drafted a winning QB in the first round since 1937, and that's despite pissing away 7 first rounders in the last 25 years.  I don't see Mariota as any kind of improvement over Howell, not to mention he won't stay healthy for more than 3 games a year.  So, yeah, I would have preferred leaving Howell as a backup and picking a project on day 3.

29 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

SI getting in on it.

How Commanders Signing Marcus Mariota Impacts Jayden Daniels vs. Drake Maye Draft Debate

https://www.si.com/nfl/commanders/news/washington-commanders-sign-free-agency-marcus-mariota-draft-drake-maye-jayden-daniels-offseason-rumors-sam-howell

I thought about this, and I don't think it's a tell. I'm just not sure why they chose Marcus over the other guys. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, NOLA2DC said:

I thought about this, and I don't think it's a tell. I'm just not sure why they chose Marcus over the other guys. 

Because Brian Johnson just spent a year with him in PHI and wanted him in the QB room. Johnson is the passing game coordinator and assistant HC, his opinion has weight. 

• Thumb up 1

On 3/12/2024 at 4:42 PM, Est.1974 said:

The trade up to #1 is still clear favourite for me. 

Plenty of FA activity. Vet QB incoming

Trade Howell for a couple of mid rounders

Trade up to #1 for Caleb

Peters gets to work in the draft still holding a bunch of day 2/3 picks

Still on track.

• Haha 1

Remember when you had a crush on that pretty girl in high school, and then you see her 5-10 years later and she's somehow even prettier, and you'll do anything anything anything to go out with her?

Yeah, that's Antonio Pierce with Jayden Daniels.  Raiders gonna Raider and trade their next 5 drafts to move up to #1 for JD5 - who Pierce recruited in HS for ASU.  Which means a certain poster here will see dreams come true when DC Williams drops right in the Commanders' lap at #2.  😈

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10112940-nfl-draft-2024-rumors-raiders-have-had-exploratory-talks-to-trade-for-top-3-pick

NFL Draft 2024 Rumors: Raiders Have Had 'Exploratory Talks' To Trade for Top-3 Pick

The Las Vegas Raiders have engaged in "exploratory talks" regarding a move from No. 13 overall in the 2024 NFL draft to a top-three spot.

Albert Breer of MMQB revealed that news in response to a mailbag question from a reader who asked if the Raiders were "working to trade up, and if so, how far?"

"The Las Vegas Raiders have had exploratory talks on moving up into the top three," Breer wrote.

This feels like a fun time for a reminder that apparently the largest team contingent at Oregon's pro day this week... was Chicago. So even though none of you jokers wanted to join my new cult, er, fan club at Bo's Blabberwockies, somebody was listening, oh yes. Ha! Chicago at 9: Odunze. Chicago at 13: Nix. Caleb Crisis averted, congrats Chicago! Suckers.

Edited by Dah-Dee

#13 is too low for this team IMO.

If they trade back that far I'll be shocked...

But hey, there is a price for everything. You wanna send over four 1sts, four 2nds, and Maxx Crosby?

I might have to seriously consider that...

I didn’t see if this was posted or not in this thread  but Caleb cancelling his Bears visit is pretty huge. He’s the presumptive first pick and refused to do medicals at the combine then cancels his Chicago visit where the medicals would take place. It’s not a move you make if you want to play for the Bears.

The drama on this is going to be intriguing. What if he refuses to do any medical with the Bears? Or refuses to reschedule his visit? He’s not obligated to do it. 

https://gridironheroics.com/caleb-williams-cancels-visit-chicago-bears/

Also:

Just today Caleb liked a tweet that the Bears should keep Justin Fields:

IMG_1204.thumb.jpeg.408e75754039ad9a33a9f86948883958.jpeg

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, The Consigliere said:

One of those weird things with message boards. Hockeysfuture, the better of the Capitals Forums, has had two different posters who were around for like decades, pass away the last few years. Something really poignant in that. 

I remember it being a gut-punch when one of the longtime posters from the official Caps message boards (octopi) passed away from cancer. She didn't get to see the Stanley Cup win in 2018 :( 

• Like 1

1. The “skipping workout due to logistics” thing only gets interesting if he refuses to reschedule it. If he reschedules it and shows, it’s a nothingburger.

2. Williams seems exactly like the sort of guy to go on twitter and ‘like’ tweets dissing or doubting him as a kind of chip-on-his-shoulder maneuver. Like bookmarking receipts for later. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dah-Dee said:

Remember when you had a crush on that pretty girl in high school, and then you see her 5-10 years later and she's somehow even prettier, and you'll do anything anything anything to go out with her?

Yeah, that's Antonio Pierce with Jayden Daniels.  Raiders gonna Raider and trade their next 5 drafts to move up to #1 for JD5 - who Pierce recruited in HS for ASU.  Which means a certain poster here will see dreams come true when DC Williams drops right in the Commanders' lap at #2.  😈

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10112940-nfl-draft-2024-rumors-raiders-have-had-exploratory-talks-to-trade-for-top-3-pick

NFL Draft 2024 Rumors: Raiders Have Had 'Exploratory Talks' To Trade for Top-3 Pick

The Las Vegas Raiders have engaged in "exploratory talks" regarding a move from No. 13 overall in the 2024 NFL draft to a top-three spot.

Albert Breer of MMQB revealed that news in response to a mailbag question from a reader who asked if the Raiders were "working to trade up, and if so, how far?"

"The Las Vegas Raiders have had exploratory talks on moving up into the top three," Breer wrote.

This feels like a fun time for a reminder that apparently the largest team contingent at Oregon's pro day this week... was Chicago. So even though none of you jokers wanted to join my new cult, er, fan club at Bo's Blabberwockies, somebody was listening, oh yes. Ha! Chicago at 9: Odunze. Chicago at 13: Nix. Caleb Crisis averted, congrats Chicago! Suckers.

They move to #1 and this draft changes a ton.  It would take these years and the next 2 years 1st and both 2nd rounders, this year and next year and whatever else to do it.  Pierce loves Daniels and I understand why.  Daniels is the most mature and has supposedly the highest IQ of any of the top 3 at least NFL Draft Buzz mentions his high IQ.  No ideal but putting that out there.  He's my #2 after Maye.  Trades for NFL draft picks in 2024 started officially today, I think.  Wowzer!