Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

I love how people try to bash Maye for inaccuracy on easy throws.  Maye would have had 500 yards passing in this game with these WRs.   Daniels also has no zip on those 10-15 yard dig and out routes.  Yes, he is a better runner than Maye.  That. Is. It!

Hard pass for me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ST_DaGoat21 said:

I love how people try to bash Maye for inaccuracy on easy throws.  Maye would have had 500 yards passing in this game with these WRs.   Daniels also has no zip on those 10-15 yard dig and out routes.  Yes, he is a better runner than Maye.  That. Is. It!

Hard pass for me.

Everybody is so freaking certain. It's just hysterical to me.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I stumbled upon this epic thread bump on a Chiefs message board lately.

Fans are true draft experts.

Chiefs New Chief TE Travis Kelce - ChiefsPlanet

2013 Chiefs fans are livid that they took this TE they never heard of over (checks notes) Matt Barkley, the disappointing QB from USC.

"Holes at DT, OG, ILB and Dorsey drafts a 3rd string TE. Wonderful."

LMFAO

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, ST_DaGoat21 said:

Hard pass for me.

1st post devoted to swinging. lol

Welcome aboard.

There are plenty of things Maye does better than Daniels.

There are also plenty of things Daniels does better than Maye, beyond the obvious running ability.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

By the way, I'm totally going to fall for Daniels after the combine. I always want the QBs who run a sub 4 40 and can deadlift a boulder so heavy God could not lift it..

I bet Daniels doesn't even run at the combine, and JJ McCarthy does and runs a 4.4

About the second part, Daniels isn't a literal 98 pound weakling.  But he does have the shoulders and hips of a 12 year old boy.

• Haha 1

lol thanks!  I’ve been lurking in the shadows for years but haven’t felt compelled to chime in until this whole Daniels at #2 started gaining momentum (thanks a lot Mel).  I just don’t see his game translating to the NFL unless you give him weapons like Tyreek.  We don’t have that.  

I haven’t watched the All-22 of every game, but I have probably seen every throw of his and Mayes that is on YouTube.  Not just the highlights.  The most glaring thing that stands out to me is about 80% or Daniels’ throws are to wrs that have like 5 yards of separation.  Nabers and Thomas Jr.  are so good!  Defenses are so scared of getting burned by them that they play way off so Daniels can just dink and dunk 10 yard hook routes or underneath crossing patterns to them

all day, which they turn into 50 yard tds.  If

his first read isn’t there, he is off running

He does throw a nice slot fade though…

Not saying Maye is perfect, but I think his tools translate much better to the NFL.  And, in comparison to Daniels film, he has to work hard for his completions!  It seems like most of his completions, there is a guy draped all over the receiver or at least within a yard.

26 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

By the way, I'm totally going to fall for Daniels after the combine. I always want the QBs who run a sub 4 40 and can deadlift a boulder so heavy God could not lift it..

He might run like the wind, but I can guarantee he will not be impressing anyone with feats of strength!

On 1/29/2024 at 8:02 PM, ThatNFLChick said:

What if they watch film, do all the interviews, talk to everyone and decide they REALLY like JJ McCarthy. He fits Johnson's scheme, he's taken the most snaps under center, etc. 

Are you opposed to them trading down to get him?

I would love that scenario.  Maybe pick up Pratt too at the end of the third round if he last that long

Interesting stats but we must not forget the stregth of schedule.

Caleb Williams

Opponent Comps Atts PCT Yards TDs Ints Pass Rating
'21 Baylor 9 18 50 142 0 2 94
'21 ISU 8 18 44.4 87 1 1 92.3
'21 Ok State 20 39 51.3 252 3 0 130.9
'22 Oregon State 16 36 44.4 180 1 0 95.6
'23 ND 23 37 62.2 199 1 3 100

Drake Maye              

drake-maye-vs-above-average-college-defe

Jayden Daniels putting up the best numbers against top-tier opponents

25 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Certainly Johnson staying in Detroit gives me a little pause knowing how familiar he was with Maye. 

That doesnt make sense... if he was the HC here.. you dont think him saying "i dont want this guy at #2" wouldn't carry any weight with FO?

16 minutes ago, oraphus said:

That doesnt make sense... if he was the HC here.. you dont think him saying "i dont want this guy at #2" wouldn't carry any weight with FO?

Just saying if he was over the moon about Maye maybe he would have wanted the job more. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mistertim said:

Did this rando XM guy actually give specifics or go into any film detail?

I only heard the tail end. So I am replaying now Rotoballer ~6:05am EST to anyone that wants to listen. Talking - Mike McDonald / new coaches for Seattle and Washington. Maybe should have taken Washington job as he will now have to battle the 49ers and QB is a question.

Tidbits:

Washington if we got McDonald a rookie HC coach he'd be in a bad place if Maye didn't work out and becomes Zach Wilson in 2-3 years so McDonald if here fate is tied directly to Maye's succeeding. Maybe a little safer with a vet QB in Seattle vs near full rebuild here. Then said its a no brainer for Chicago to trade down. Washington can trade up as it shouldnt cost much, move Dotson (keep Samuel) or Robinson to give Fields options. Or we can trade our 33rd + Dotson + a 4th for Fields and us take Harrison at #2.  But we'll have to pay Fields. Fields throwing to TMC Harrison and Samuel.

Talked Bellichek... needing team control is working against him. Best young coach for Washington was Ben Johnson. Could be a career killer for him and sets us back. Dan Quinn more likely obviously but said EB should be getting a bigger look.  Glenn getting consideration.

At 6:21am Josh Hayes: Sounds unfair, but whoever ends up taking Drake Maye I think they are setup for failure - sorry to say. Just feels like the Zach Wilson of the 2024 draft - did NOT elaborate. But would at some point talk Maye fail.

Edited by RandyHolt

31 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

We hired another defensive coach. Prepare to pass up on Maye and Daniels for like Dallas Turner lolol.

I'm only half kidding.

I still have Forbes PTSD (ugh at the thought of his cap hit if he doesnt balloon up pan out ) so am fully prepared for the heaviest or lightest player in the draft at #2. Or trade down and get both. Even still in therapy from Phil Mathis.

38 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

We hired another defensive coach. Prepare to pass up on Maye and Daniels for like Dallas Turner lolol.

I'm only half kidding.

Can you imagine how fun this draft will be to watch if they trade down?  Massive picks for QB.  a first this year, a first next year and probably a 2nd, 4th and 5th this year.

38 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I'm only half kidding.

Can you imagine how fun this draft will be to watch if they trade down?  Massive picks for QB.  a first this year, a first next year and probably a 2nd, 4th and 5th this year.

18 minutes ago, gooseneck said:

You're bad at this.