Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

3 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

Imagine if teams did not have to game plan for Lamar, imagine if he had above average RB's and not just 1 rookie quality NFL WR and a old washed up WR on the other side? And imagine the No.1 TE on the team and one of the best had not gone down for most of the year?  Imagine what they would have finished without Lavar and a 20 ranked D, 4-13?

I'm just saying, take away his explosiveness like KC mostly did and you're left with:

Derek Carr          3878yds 68.4% 25TDs 8Ints

Lamar Jackson   3678yds 67.2% 24TDs 7Ints

And the playoff results pretty much reflect that he's not much more than Derek Carr in the postseason. 

• Haha 2
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

15 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

I'm just saying, take away his explosiveness like KC mostly did and you're left with:

And the playoff results pretty much reflect that he's not much more than Derek Carr in the postseason. 

But thats like saying "take away Mahomes throws outside of the pocket" and look at his numbers or something

32 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

I thought he would flop too after he got paid but I was wrong. Baltimore is one of my lease favorite teams to boot. But with him leading the way they beat everybody during the season. Everybody was up and down at some point even the 2 superbowl teams QB's.

I notice you didn't actually answer my question. You don't think putting up some pretty big numbers should matter at all for a QB when it comes to MVP consideration?

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I notice you didn't actually answer my question. You don't think putting up some pretty big numbers should matter at all for a QB when it comes to MVP consideration?

The award really needs to renamed to "The best QB in the league this year". Because Tyreek Hill was the best player in the NFL this season.

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, skinsfan66 said:

I think most just think he is RG3 fragile, and do not want to take the chance. I cannot see anything to make me believe he is another Lamar also. Lamar compares to Hurts, Watson, A.Richardson they are physical. Daniels to me is Fields only a better passer but more fragile.    

I don't get the fragile argument, the dudes been healthy throught his college career even while taking a few big hits. If he is a fields that is a good passer than that sounds like a secret weapon.

• Haha 1

Just now, mac8887 said:

I don't get the fragile argument, the dudes been healthy throught his college career even while taking a few big hits. If he is a fields that is a good passer than that sounds like a secret weapon.

He’s played some future NFL players in college. Some of the guys he took big hits from will even grow into NFL starters.

In the NFL, every player is an NFL player. It’s different. He needs to change how he protects himself to survive. 

Now, he can do that. It’s on NFL teams evaluating him to decide how likely it is and how effective it’ll be. And that’s not even beginning to actually evaluate his skillset as a player, that’s just projecting NFL durability and availability. Then you move on to his skillset. 

It’s a complex eval.  

23 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

You can have Carr I will take Lamar. I leave it at that, those numbers mean nothing. 

1 minute ago, Conn said:

He’s played some future NFL players in college. Some of the guys he took big hits from will even grow into NFL starters.

In the NFL, every player is an NFL player. It’s different. He needs to change how he protects himself to survive. 

Now, he can do that. It’s on NFL teams evaluating him to decide how likely it is and how effective it’ll be. And that’s not even beginning to actually evaluate his skillset as a player, that’s just projecting NFL durability and availability. Then you move on to his skillset. 

It’s a complex eval.  

Still to say that he is fragile goes against all the games he played without having an injury, the dude was an Iron man throughout his career. I'd get it if you're worried about penix, but just because he can run really well, it doesn't make him injury prone

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, mac8887 said:

Still to say that he is fragile goes against all the games he played without having an injury, the dude was an Iron man throughout his career. I'd get it if you're worried about penix, but just because he can run really well, it doesn't make him injury prone

Not having an injury can come down to straight up luck many times. Daniels looks like he's built out of twizzlers and I'd be shocked if he was actually 200 lbs on game days. It's mostly miraculous that he didn't have any major injuries with some of the brutal hits that he took. And in the NFL the vast majority of guys are going to be even bigger and faster. So unless he learns to protect himself better, it's probably just a matter of time.

19 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

But thats like saying "take away Mahomes throws outside of the pocket" and look at his numbers or something

Did you even watch the game? KC took away most of his running around and he responded with 1 big play the entire game. In 4 of 6 playoff games, and all of them vs teams other than texans or titans, Lamar plays no better than Derek Carr. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThatNFLChick said:

If Xavier Legette is listed everywhere as 6'3" and when measured at the Senior Bowl is actually only 6'1".....does anyone else think Caleb Williams might measure at 5'10 or 5'11?

He doesn't look that small. He could be. Terry mclaurin is listed at 6'0  sam howell is listed 6'1 but if you Google (sam howell and Terry mclaurin) and select images, 2 of the top images show them standing together and mclaurin is an inch or 2 taller. I swear these are some wwe measurements sometimes 

6 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

He is going to be a good QB if he stays healthy he is top 3. Your fair game if your running and not being smart about it. 

6 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

Call it what you want. All I’m saying is that people with this criticism of his game see him as a future injury problem in the NFL, not a past one. It doesn’t matter that he’s stayed healthy despite letting himself get lit up because we’re talking about projecting a fear about his game into the future. 

If you disagree, that’s totally fair. Though the people saying he’s built like a stick figure and doesn’t protect himself anre objectively correct, you can disagree about whether it will negatively impact his NFL playing career. That is your right. But the semantics of calling him “fragile” or “injury prone” or an “injury risk” don’t really matter to the conversation, that’s a distraction from the point. Evaluating college prospects is always partially about projecting what parts of their game translate to the league, and what parts don’t. This is just a natural expansion of that. NFL teams call it having a “bad body” and they absolutely care about a guy’s ability to protect himself on tape so far. How much will they care is an open question. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

46 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Example 4. SEC Championship game. Same side hash throw. Weak, ball flutters and not accurate. 

That's the best defense in the conference and one of the top in the nation.  There will be several 1st/2nd round picks taken from that D.

Js...

7 hours ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

How many quarterbacks in the AFC deliver in the playoffs over the past 6 years? Mahomes and Burrow. Let’s learn to crawl before we walk. I agree with the sentiment but I’ll take Jackson as our quarterback any day compared to our past 30 years.

Being better than Rex Grossman misses the point. The point remains he is probably going to win his 2nd MVP, he is paid right near the top, and he can't get it done in big moments. Apparently that applies to big regular season games according to Ravens fans.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Conn said:

Call it what you want. All I’m saying is that people with this criticism of his game see him as a future injury problem in the NFL, not a past one. It doesn’t matter that he’s stayed healthy despite letting himself get lit up because we’re talking about projecting a fear about his game into the future. 

If you disagree, that’s totally fair. Though the people saying he’s built like a stick figure and doesn’t protect himself anre objectively correct, you can disagree about whether it will negatively impact his NFL playing career. That is your right. But the semantics of calling him “fragile” or “injury prone” or an “injury risk” don’t really matter to the conversation, that’s a distraction from the point. Evaluating college prospects is always partially about projecting what parts of their game translate to the league, and what parts don’t. This is just a natural expansion of that. NFL teams call it having a “bad body” and they absolutely care about a guy’s ability to protect himself on tape so far. How much will they care is an open question. 

He does look skinny now but so did Lamar and jacoby when they came in, jj McCarthy looks a little skinny to. Lamar and jacoby are jacked now. Even if it takes him a couple years of strength and nutrition at an nfl level, I'm sure eventually he'll gain weight. Especially after he signs that multimillion dollar contract and can afford steak and lobster every night

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

7 hours ago, ThatNFLChick said:

The only QBs in the AFC to go to a Super Bowl since 2004 (thats 20 years folks)

Tom Brady
Patrick Mahomes
Peyton Manning
Joe Burrow

Joe Flacco

That does not prove much seeing as Brady was in so many the others never had much of a chance.  

6 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I'm not surprised that Nix is shorter than advertised. He looks smaller than 6'3 when I watch him.

He didn't seem that short to me but these colleges are really inflated these kids measurements smh

I definitely think it's going to be interesting with Williams. Orlovsky implied he doesn't really think he measures out to be 6'1 and if he is actually 5'11 or so does that affect what Chicago does? 

39 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Well, not exactly. To me the biggest issue with the ravens is that if you get up on them at a point where they become one dimensional because they have to throw the ball to come back and win, they’re in big trouble.

5 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

He does look skinny now but so did Lamar and jacoby when they came in, jj McCarthy looks a little skinny to. Lamar and jacoby are jacked now. Even if it takes him a couple years of strength and nutrition at an nfl level, I'm sure eventually he'll gain weight. Especially after he signs that multimillion dollar contract and can afford steak and lobster every night

Lamar came in at 6'2 216 at the combine and he's listed as 6'2 215 on the Ravens site. He didn't put on weight. He's about 2 inches shorter and probably 15lbs heavier than Daniels. Not much of a comparison there.

6 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Lamar came in at 6'2 216 at the combine and he's listed as 6'2 215 on the Ravens site. He didn't put on weight. He's about 2 inches shorter and probably 15lbs heavier than Daniels. Not much of a comparison there.

I didn't say Lamar put on weight, I said he looks jacked. You can look at a picture of him now vs then and you can see the difference