Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

It’s a lame duck year anyway with the ownership change. Let’s roll with Howell pickup a vet including possibly Heinicke after the draft and use all the cap to sign Payne and others. We should have 6 mil or less of cap invested in the qb room in that scenario. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, mojo said:

If we go into next year with Howell, Heinicke, and a late round project, it allows us to sign Payne.  I’m good w it.

We can sign Payne regardless of what we do at QB.

You’re able to have more than 3 big contracts on a team.  The cap can be manipulated to do whatever you want for a good long time.

I want Howell, a rookie and another starting caliber FA.  Somebody to push Howell.  

Not TH.  Somebody who has the potential of being better than Howell. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think Wentz is completely broken. I feel bad for him in a way.  His confidence is shattered and he can’t play.

I know you all gave me a good beating for saying Wentz isn't all that but at least we found out before trying to offer him a longer stay. Hopefully Ron isn't that stupid now that after starting Howell and seeing what he can bring to the table. 

2 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Turner will be back. Doesn't make any sense since the team is on sale and it might be '24 before the new owners take fully control. . 

I know you don't like Taylor but we did win 5 games with him and with Turner still on the staff that is like not a bad idea if he needs to come in and hold down the fort, so to speak. 

I think Ron has to throw a head to the crowds, and it’s going to be Scott’s head.  

I still think he got dealt a bad hand, but he really has become impossible to defend over the last month and a half. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Roll with Howell for next year. Give him the whole season. Bring in the most uninspiring back up you can think of like Brissett. Taylor cant be allowed back and no other assets should be used 

Taylor is the perfect backup, perfect price, knows Offense simular styles. But if you do not bring Taylor back bring a QB in that can step in with the same Offense. Use the draft for another. 

2 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Turner will be back. Doesn't make any sense since the team is on sale and it might be '24 before the new owners take fully control. . 

I know you don't like Taylor but we did win 5 games with him and with Turner still on the staff that is like not a bad idea if he needs to come in and hold down the fort, so to speak. 

Then it must be in his contract that he is a backup only, and upon the starter being healthy he must go directly to the bench, don’t pass go or collect $200.  And any fans calling for him get removed from the stadium for life.

1 minute ago, zCommander said:

I know you all gave me a good beating for saying Wentz isn't all that but at least we found out before trying to offer him a longer stay. Hopefully Ron isn't that stupid now that after starting Howell and seeing what he can bring to the table. 

Ron caught some flak on here for not restructuring Wentz' deal to create more cap space in 22, which would've resulted in us eating dead cap in 23.  We are lucky he didn't, now we can cut him with no dead cap.  Onwards and upwards.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

I disagree with people saying that Turner won’t get the boot until the team is sold.

I know a lot of you hate Rivera, but I don’t think he’s going into next season thinking that he’s gonna get fired. 

I think he feels the pulse of the locker room, fires Turner, and tries to develop Howell next year. 

Rivera has done a good job assembling a solid roster. I think he continues to do that next season. I don’t see a bunch of Hail Mary moves from him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think Ron has to throw a head to the crowds, and it’s going to be Scott’s head.  

I still think he got dealt a bad hand, but he really has become impossible to defend over the last month and a half. 

My problem is that even if you get a new OC you are going to set the team back - ala Al Saunders. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, zCommander said:

What’s bizarre is it started ok.

He had 7 TD passes in 2 weeks.  

It just went down hill faster than anyone could have predicted.

I actually wonder if TH had gotten hurt early and forced Ron to play Howell if the season might have actually been better.  TH was an anchor for this team the entire time he played. People just didn’t notice it because the defense played well and they could run the ball.  And my guy had massive luck for ( weeks.    Maybe Howell would have been neutral and improved during the year.

Maybe.  

I still wish we never had to see TH play.  And I hope to never see him play in our uniform ever again.  

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I’m sold.  

Sign an Andy Dalton, Bridgewater, Whoever to be the “competitive veteran”, draft another guy, and roll with Howell, vet + rookie.

Draft and sign 17 OL.  

Let Howell snd “competitive veteran” compete for the starting job in the off season.

Win SB.

Easy.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Then it must be in his contract that he is a backup only, and upon the starter being healthy he must go directly to the bench, don’t pass go or collect $200.  And any fans calling for him get removed from the stadium for life.

Howell is going to make it or not? If he is the man, we should not worry about someone looking over his shoulder he needs the help from someone in this offense that might help on the sidelines.  Scott played to Howell strengths today they have a whole off season to prepare.

11 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

It’s a lame duck year anyway with the ownership change. Let’s roll with Howell pickup a vet including possibly Heinicke after the draft and use all the cap to sign Payne and others. We should have 6 mil or less of cap invested in the qb room in that scenario. 

That sounds good to me. Not sure if I’d feel the same way if I was Ron and knew my job was on the line next year.

1 minute ago, mojo said:

Why do so many want to get rid of Heinicke bc he’s nothing more than a back up?  Exactly the reason to keep him. He’s a perfect back up and extremely valuable.

Biggest reason is that his biggest asset is his value to the Turner style offense. If Turner is gone, Heinicke's value takes a giant hit. 

taylor's biggest hurdle to staying on as the back up is his last name has 3 syllables, so its easy to chant because the remaining ****-faced fans already learned RG3 years ago. Solid backup...just cant have the drunk fans chanting.

• Haha 2

Just now, mojo said:

Why do so many want to get rid of Heinicke bc he’s nothing more than a back up?  Exactly the reason to keep him. He’s a perfect back up and extremely valuable.

He’s terrible.  He’ll be expensive.  And every time the starter throws an incomplete pass or INT an idiotic and remarkably large portion of this fan base will call for the least talented player in the NFL to do the one thing he’s terrible at, which is okay.  

Oh, and he’s a FA so they’d have to pay him to come back.

No thank you.  Let I’m go suck I’m Arizona.  Or wherever Scott Turner lands as QB coach.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mojo said:

you keep TH if we can keep him on cheap backup contract… if not, its time to move in like mentioned earlier.

we need someone with higher ceiling than TH. We can be paying TH good backup QB money when we know how low his ceiling is.  I am saying this even though i enjoyed watching TH play

Just now, KDawg said:

Biggest reason is that his biggest asset is his value to the Turner style offense. If Turner is gone, Heinicke's value takes a giant hit. 

If anything, I think that’s a better reason to keep him.  Turner is awful…I’d like to see what Heinicke could do w/ a better play caller.