Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

This game means almost nothing in the evaluation of Howell. Rivera has wasted time on that one. Game is a complete wash. Means nothing. We head into the offseason needing a starting QB. Howell ‘should’ be a viable option as our 2023 back-up. Dump the others.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

This game means almost nothing in the evaluation of Howell. Rivera has wasted time on that one. Game is a complete wash. Means nothing. We head into the offseason needing a starting QB. Howell ‘should’ be a viable option as our 2023 back-up. Dump the others.

Judging by insiders at the moment.  Howell of course back.  Wentz gone.  Heinicke 50-50 returns.  So it might end up this way.

42 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Judging by insiders at the moment.  Howell of course back.  Wentz gone.  Heinicke 50-50 returns.  So it might end up this way.

Both vets have got to go at this point. Both provide more negative stuff than anything. Wentz w/ that contract and TH with people calling to play an absolute dumpster fire of a QB.

Like you said earlier, Howell gets all the slack in the world from me this week. I aint holding nothing over his head long term from what is about to happen to this kid.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Heinicke should depend on what other moves are made. If they bring in  Carr (ugh) or similar or draft a QB in the first round, having TH back makes plenty of sense as a back-up.

If stye do what I would prefer, which is try to acquire capital for the 2024 draft and not force a quick fix, then I would have two "roll the dice" types of options. Howell being one and maybe a Stidham or Mike White type and see how it plays out, with a cheap mentor kind of 3rd QB (a Nate Sudfeld level guy). Though a 3rd roll on like a 6th round rookie wouldn't be terrible either. 

I agree with KDawg about the rationale for a possible Heinicke return, but even as an ODU alum i don't want it based on what I've heard from someone who did one hell of an impressive job  building teams (some from scratch). My ultimate hope is that Turner is gone quickly after season's end so we don't have to consider this.

Edited by skinzplay
  • Like 1

We need the cap space for oline, if Howell can be a respectable backup we won't be able to afford bringing Taylor back.

Said this before and will say it again, every dime we get back from cutting Wentz will go to his replacement, so treat that cap space as already spent.

2 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

Unless he is pathetically awful, roll with Howell next season. 

• Like 1

Keim on Bram's show today. Mostly doubling down on previous takes

A. He thinks 50-50 that Heinicke is back

B. No chance Wentz is back

C.  Doesn't think they trade for Carr.  Not sure though what they'd do if he's released

D.  Ownership can makes moves in limbo

E.  He's mentioned Brissett twice and then he mentioned him in a previous podcast, too.  He used him as a hypothetical.  He didn't say he heard they are interested.  But often Keim's hypotheticals have a method to the madness, will see.  Too early though for Keim's tidbits for the off season -- usually its late January when he get his best scoops for FA.

F.  He said they knew they were hopped up on Justin Fields to the extent he wrote a story about them trading up for him during that draft to have the story ready.  He said in other podcasts that the price to trade up was exorbitant hence they didn't do it.  

G.  He thinks they want to be aggressive to keep their own at the start of the off season, Payne.  But again does a potential sale thwart that.

H.  He opined that Dan doesn't really want to sell even though he's likely selling anyway -- wondered if he'd make moves to help the next owner or would not -- implying whether bitter grapes from Dan would impinge on the off season.  As usual, Keim made the point very politely but it was clear what he was pondering about. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Heinicke should depend on what other moves are made. If they bring in  Carr (ugh) or similar or draft a QB in the first round, having TH back makes plenty of sense as a back-up.

If stye do what I would prefer, which is try to acquire capital for the 2024 draft and not force a quick fix, then I would have two "roll the dice" types of options. Howell being one and maybe a Stidham or Mike White type and see how it plays out, with a cheap mentor kind of 3rd QB (a Nate Sudfeld level guy). Though a 3rd roll on like a 6th round rookie wouldn't be terrible either. 

Carr isn't coming here. He has a no trade clause which means if he gets traded he can basically pick what team he wants to go to. Their was a report the other day saying he wants to go to a team with a Owner and head coach that has a strong relationship. I'm not saying Rivera and Snyder doesn't get along, but Snyder is gone and more likely Rivera too unless he makes the playoffs with the new owner. 

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

We need the cap space for oline, if Howell can be a respectable backup we won't be able to afford bringing Taylor back.

Said this before and will say it again, every dime we get back from cutting Wentz will go to his replacement, so treat that cap space as already spent.

I don't see any legit free agent QB or trade coming here with the situation with the owner about to sell. We offered for Stafford a couple years ago but got outbid but apparently he didn't want to come here. I believe we offered a lot for Wilson but he had a no trade clause and didn't want to come here in which I'm so glad he didn't accept that at the time with the draft capital we had to offer and the way he performed this year. Maybe but it's a long shot to get Brady here. Fix the oline and get him for year and let Howell sit and learn again. 

Edited by HogsVa7

The franchise is actively in the process of being sold, the "never gonna happen while Snyder" soundbite is about to be gone.

Some of these arguments for things that will never happen while Snyder is here really don't make sense anymore.

Anyone buying he's still owner at start of 2023 season?

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

The franchise is actively in the process of being sold, the "never gonna happen while Snyder" soundbite is about to be gone.

Some of these arguments for things that will never happen while Snyder is here really don't make sense anymore.

Anyone buying he's still owner at start of 2023 season?

Me, When I heard news ST`21 was shot in the leg I was like ok ok he will be ok that's good.....When I saw RGIII rushing down the sideline vs the vikings at fed ex I was like OMG WE HAVE A QB!.....When Trent Williams was upset and not at OTAs etc I thought ok ok no biggie they will figure it out........so um yeah I think hes going to still be the owner in 2023. sadly I hate how I think but its kinda been implanted in me by this franchise

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, HogsVa7 said:

Carr isn't coming here. He has a no trade clause which means if he gets traded he can basically pick what team he wants to go to. Their was a report the other day saying he wants to go to a team with a Owner and head coach that has a strong relationship. I'm not saying Rivera and Snyder doesn't get along, but Snyder is gone and more likely Rivera too unless he makes the playoffs with the new owner. 

I have no idea where Carr will go this offseason, but at least I'm happy that I'm not foolish enough to make definitive statements like I do. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Me, When I heard news ST`21 was shot in the leg I was like ok ok he will be ok that's good.....When I saw RGIII rushing down the sideline vs the vikings at fed ex I was like OMG WE HAVE A QB!.....When Trent Williams was upset and not at OTAs etc I thought ok ok no biggie they will figure it out........so um yeah I think hes going to still be the owner in 2023. sadly I hate how I think but its kinda been implanted in me by this franchise

I understand...

aunty-donna-mark.gif

No Qb that has as a realistic choice will want to come here.

Even if Dan’s gone, until his hires are gone; this team can’t move forward.

Being stuck with Ron for 23 will be an anchor on this team.  The only good thing, Ron’s 23 tenure likely to be short.

Ron always starts slow. A slow start in 23; Ron will be given the boot.  He lasted 12 games in his final Carolina year. Doubtful he lasts that long in 23.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Things I like on team blogs: Insightful opinions, evaluations, explanations, descriptions 

Not so much:

"Hot Takes" (especially using definitive adjectives such as "must, definitely, absolutely. etc.).

Repeated statements on page after page AND topic after topic from same the poster,  Trust me, we have heard you, again and again and again - you HATE/LOVE it/him/them. 

Someone making a post for which you have a different opinion is NOT calling you out.  However, if they have quoted you, I realize that pretty much an invitation to debate/discussion.  Other people jumping in and it becomes "attempts to win the discussion" leading to the belittling of other members opinions, OR worse, belittling of the other members themselves.

Okay, I've had my burst from my edible.  I apologize, but I already know who hates/like Taylor and I just want to let you all know that a lot of us do. 

Y'all are smart, bring something new to the table, because this team (and this blog) needs it.  :cheers:

Bored Cabin Fever GIF

:229:The Rook

• Like 2