Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

9 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The best possible outcome is Howell plays off the charts and we lose. 

At this point, I’d like to roll with Howell next season and see what happens.  No point in Ron spending resources when he’s likely on the way out.

I agree, I'd just add that I do want him to spend $$$ this off-season, even though we know he is probably done after '23, just not at QB.  Invest heavy in revamping oline.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

I want Howell to do well just so the off season will be full of chaos "lolol."

There will be some aggravation if he looks good and our offense is clicking, and we wonder what might have been if they turned to Howell weeks ago.  But that will be relatively short lived, and it will turn into an exciting offseason if we feel he is our guy moving forward.  We'd have 3 years of cheap QB to build around, with not too many holes to plug.  And hopefully a new owner.  The future will look pretty bright.

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Also, if I recall with Carr it was mutually agreed to with the team so he wouldn't be a distraction

If that were the Commanders though it would be "A player distraction to the team? Pffft, that aint nothing, here, hold my beer".

• Haha 1

My current bet is Jimmy G. It's early so I might change my mind soon. And Dan selling would likely influence things -- if the dude hates escrowing guaranteed money in big contracts in the recent past, imagine how he feels about it now with him supposedly selling.

I am not down on the player as some here are.  He actually was having a good year before the injury.  But the injuries worry me.  Especially with this team's track record.  

Screen Shot 2023-01-05 at 12.27.14 PM.png

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I am not down on the player as some here are.  He actually was having a good year before the injury.  But the injuries worry me.  Especially with this team's track record.  

If they go the free agent route, Jimmy G. would be my #1 pick.  I'd take him in a heartbeat.

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

No. I don’t.

Well obviously he didn't get the message that he's not going to be a Raider moving forward, but I meant he has to have gotten the message that he's off this team next season.

3 minutes ago, Thirtyfive2seven said:

Cousins is the best QB on that entire list.. It's not even close and this cluster **** organization threw him away.

Agree.   To me the most amusing part to me is there are some on the board and some on twitter who somehow think we got the last laugh as to Kirk.  :ols:   Even though we are dead last in the league in QBR after he left.   Vikings won 12 games, might end up at 13 and we haven't win more than 10 games in 30 years.  But people can enjoy ha, ha, ha Kirk, its you who are the loser, not us delusion if it floats their boat.  It used to drive me nuts but now i am glad they screwed it up.

Its a bit Shakesperian as to how it unfolded considering i don't think this team would be in the same level abyss if they got it right with Kirk or for that matter traded him for a good haul.  We were 6th in attendance in 2017, his last season.  Yeah they'd inflate those numbers then but plenty say they still inflate it.  But to my eyes, going to games for 20 years, the Kirk era was the last gasp with decent attendance. 

It's sunk dramatically since.  Not that I attribute that to Kirk but to a run of offenses that don't score, QB purgatory hell, boring teams and the sleazy and incompetence that incrementally got worse as time marched on.  I suspect we wouldn't be here with Bruce gone and now Dan likely selling if it didn't unfold like that.

So here's to happier football times post Dan selling.

https://www.hogshaven.com/2022/8/11/23301849/dan-snyder-we-finally-have-ourselves-a-qb-fedex-field-will-have-big

Dan Snyder: We finally have ourselves a QB, FedEx Field will have big-time attendance shortly

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Especially with the league deciding whether or not to add an 8 seed to the playoffs this season :P  Moxie would pave the way one last time!!!! 

Oh **** I saw that after posting the little lol above. IT IS an OMEN I tell you lol

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

Why can’t Rivera see that for himself ? I’ve been 50/50 with him most of the season, I think I’m now done and fully ready to move on. He ain’t making us better from here on in.

Because Rivera is a Head Coach and only cares about the next game. You see the complete lack of vision for the future for the entirety of his tenure. 

• Thumb up 1