Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

I however am not running around making up fake hero worship stories about my mancrush and then defending them to death. That's how you get snark.

All I did was post a tweet from an ESPN reporter.  Rivera essentially confirmed it in his presser yesterday.  Wince Harry failing has broken you.  

Caping for a dud like Heinicke is so embarrassing.**

No one caped for Wentz, Heinicke was just that bad. Everyone is living squarely in reality about Wentz after one single extra game to confirm suck status. No one is posting in support of that guy, he’s gone already for all intents and purposes. 

**This does not apply to the guy who basically said “I’m a proud Hiver because he gave me some entertaining games during a rough time in my life”. I support you on that, I get it. It’s for everyone else. 

Edited by Conn
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So early on Wednesday Rivera said Heinike would start with a few plays for Howell.  Then Rivera changes his mind later that Day by saying Howell will start. Doesn't matter whether Rivera changed his mind or whether Heinike pushed for Howell to start, it's just more disfunction from Rivera.

I wouldn't let Rivera Run me a bath never mind run our team.

RIVERA OUT.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I would expect the team to want him back for insurance purposes and because he knows the offense and the coaches know him. The players all like him too. Losing TH would mean we would have two more QB's we'd have to bring in to learn the offense instead of just one and that would be in addition to Howell who's never run the 1st team offense. Of course, if RR/Turner are fired then TH likely moves on too...

I think I saw where TH is 12-11-1 as the starter which is better then any other QB we've run out there in his time here. He's a guy they should try and bring back immediately and if they end up getting other guys and don't need him then just trade or cut him....again, assuming this coaching staff is coming back which shouldn't be a given. 

That's the gift and the curse of TH. If Ron is back (which i don't expect but who knows), then I don't see how you can't bring TH back. Despite three times benching TH for other guys (Fitz and twice for Wentz), he has been the best QB for Ron here. If Ron wants any chance of success, he needs TH to at least be here as a backup plan. That's the curse because nobody expects glory from him. But I think that TH should be a part of a QB competition next year with Howell. I'd expect it to go to Howell but honestly if its an open competition then we could see it going either way. 

Honestly, if the ownership isn't worked out until late and Ron stays and we aren't active in bringing in a big name, this could be the best way forward with a QB competition and we can all see who is better and they go on to at least be the next Cousins for us.

On 1/3/2023 at 5:11 PM, Simmsy said:

I hope I get a yeast infection in my taint so I can wipe that contract with my butthole. From one pair of ass to another. I also hope Carson Wentz is allergic to yeast.

Speaking of yeast, his short throws certainly rise - four feet over receivers’ heads. 

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Am I the only one who thinks Heinicke gets signed back on a one year contract to be the backup?

I mean if you listen to RR presser, he said they had a really good conversation about everything.  It's towards the end.

I'm pretty cynical, so I can envision Heinicke isnt gonna string it along here and knows he's gonna test the market.  He's got plenty of tape out there at this point. 

Because hearing Ron describe his plan, Heinicke was only gonna play just enough to give Howell a look at the defense. It would be perfectly reasonable for Heinicke to say to just start the kid if that was the plan.  

22 minutes ago, Conn said:

No one caped for Wentz

When the decision was made to go back for Wentz, there were people speculating that they would go on to play the Vikings and win a playoff game.  It was no different than the delusion people who thought we could go on a Super Bowl run after the 5-1 start with Taylor.  This season was just like the 2018 season.  A mirage.  The wheels were bound to fall off at some point.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DJHJR86 said:

When the decision was made to go back for Wentz, there were people speculating that they would go on to play the Vikings and win a playoff game.  It was no different than the delusion people who thought we could go on a Super Bowl run after the 5-1 start with Taylor.  This season was just like the 2018 season.  A mirage.  The wheels were bound to fall off at some point.  

Even if that was the case, folks were done with Wentz after two drives.  Nobody was holding out hope or making excuses.

3 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

The irony of this is rich.

I don't find it that ironic. People wanted to see what the $28M/two 3rd round QB could do given Robinson and a focus on the run game. Within one drive, at the most two, those people were all set with that quarterback.

Wanting to see him and clamoring for him to be given more chances are very different topics.

We saw, we no longer wanted to see.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

Dear Ron, 

can we please, PLEASEEEEEE, for all that is holy, find a QB this off-season, one that preferably DOESNT make people want to argue over him or the backup? Please? That would be nice. 

Sincerely,

Me :) (forgot to add a smiley, figured that would be nicer)

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

So early on Wednesday Rivera said Heinike would start with a few plays for Howell.  Then Rivera changes his mind later that Day by saying Howell will start. Doesn't matter whether Rivera changed his mind or whether Heinike pushed for Howell to start, it's just more disfunction from Rivera.

I wouldn't let Rivera Run me a bath never mind run our team.

RIVERA OUT.

He has no business managing QBs, picking QBs, or anything else QB related.  He had to be talked out of it by more sensible people.  I dont blame Heinicke for just saying "nah, I'm good on this dopey idea".  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I don't find it that ironic.

Not what I was referring to.  The last 1000 pages of this thread have been a constant reminder that Heinicke sucks.  And yet there are people who keep posting as if there is this massive groundswell of posters who keep insisting that he doesn't suck and that he could be the guy.  I've seen no such posts.  Most of this board was ready to move on from Heinicke as maybe being the guy after 2021.  They were cool with him as the backup.  Yes, there are some who would be cool with him as the backup in 2023.  

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Teams will be looking to move up the board for a QB. Would a trade down be in play for Chicago?

Cronin: Absolutely. Chicago doesn't have a need at quarterback, so it would be in prime position to take the best trade package available and move back from No. 1 (or No. 2) while still being able to draft a top defensive player. The Bears might not want to move down too far, given Carter and Anderson won't be available for long, but there should be options there.

If Houston falls to No. 2 and has its eyes set on drafting a particular passer, it might be willing pay a steep price to move to No. 1 to ensure that happens and block another team.Teams such as Seattle, Indianapolis, Detroit, Las Vegas, Atlanta and Carolina could also all be in the mix to offer up a big package to get their guy.

This is the ticket. Bears are looking for a defensive stud. Send them Chase Young and two first round picks, plus whatever else you need to throw in, for the number two overall. For those who can’t stomach trading Chase, pick one of the other DL. I would imagine Chicago would be interested in any of them. Deal from strength to address your weakness.

• Thumb down 2

4 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

This is the ticket. Bears are looking for a defensive stud. Send them Chase Young and two first round picks, plus whatever else you need to throw in, for the number two overall. For those who can’t stomach trading Chase, pick one of the other DL. I would imagine Chicago would be interested in any of them. Deal from strength to address your weakness.

I would not give up that much value for Stroud and definitely not for baby Wentz in Levis

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, DJHJR86 said:

I get it.  Id' be upset to if the guy I had been championing all year turned out to be worse than Taylor Heinicke.

Howell is the insurance for the next few years.  

With us likely having a new coach in 2024; none of the qbs is likely here long term.

We resign Taylor, next coach cuts him.

Unless Sam wins the job in training and leads the team to the playoffs; he’s likely gone in 24 or 25.

With us likely getting another veteran, that guy is gone in 24; unless he leads us to playoffs.

26 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

The irony of this is rich.

It’s not even close to TH fandom. 

People aren’t tap dancing around Wentz abilities: he’s not great, but offensive line/Scott Turner/refs/insert every other excuse here.  Folks saw one quarter of the dude and immediately wrote him off forever, and haven’t defended him in the least.

3 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

There is an outside shot that it can be Howell.  

I said what he has to do, to be that guy.

Ron is going to get another veteran because he’s not put his future on a rookie or Sam.

Sam would have to beat out Ron’s qb choice for 23 and then lead us to the playoffs.