Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Just now, KDawg said:

What makes sense is the narrative Paulsen was pushing yesterday. It was to make people think Howell wasn't ready so that when Heinicke was named starter it curbed some of the pushback. I called that yesterday. Seems accurate.

Though if Howell gets in and can't take a snap or falls over his feet in the huddle then maybe it's actually true. 

I am probably in the minority here--but I'm okay bringing Howell in later to get some live game action. If they like his progress and feel he has a future, I'd hate to throw him behind this line with Micah Parsons chasing him down...it's a full season of David Carr in one game :ols:

• Thumb up 1

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

I am probably in the minority here--but I'm okay bringing Howell in later to get some live game action. If they like his progress and feel he has a future, I'd hate to throw him behind this line with Micah Parsons chasing him down...it's a full season of David Carr in one game :ols:

I'd rather see him in that environment. Rookie or not, anyone with a future takes that assignment in stride and handles it. It's about poise, composure, executing the best you can in the face of adversity. Those are traits that Heinicke has, ironically. And his absolute strongest trait. It's what makes teammates love the guy. Giving Howell a chance to show he has it, or doesn't, is a tremendous opportunity for a young quarterback to prove his mettle and worth in sticking with.

Howell showed that he had it in college his final season. His line at UNC prepared him for this moment. They were horrendous. I want to see him for four quarters against a relentless defense. I want to truly see if we have something in him. If he is not only bad, but panics and can't hold composure he can never be the guy. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

So you'd rather he go in when Dallas has its backups in, maybe look decent, and you don't know if he can handle the pressure of what he'll likely face if he does start next year? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I'd rather see him in that environment. Rookie or not, anyone with a future takes that assignment in stride and handles it. It's about poise, composure, executing the best you can in the face of adversity. Those are traits that Heinicke has, ironically. And his absolute strongest trait. It's what makes teammates love the guy. Giving Howell a chance to show he has it, or doesn't, is a tremendous opportunity for a young quarterback to prove his mettle and worth in sticking with.

Howell showed that he had it in college his final season. His line at UNC prepared him for this moment. They were horrendous. I want to see him for four quarters against a relentless defense. I want to truly see if we have something in him. If he is not only bad, but panics and can't hold composure he can never be the guy. 

3 minutes ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

So you'd rather he go in when Dallas has its backups in, maybe look decent, and you don't know if he can handle the pressure of what he'll likely face if he does start next year? 

Both very good points--I stand corrected. Well sit corrected, I am currently sitting.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Any qb, even Tom Brady; would fail here under Ron.

You all are dreaming that whoever is our qb this fall will do any better.  

Nah.  I think Brady's reached a point where he can tell anyone, even the coaches, to **** off.  He's practically a coach on the field.  Probably knows more than most coaches do.  Brady wouldn't fail under Ron, he'd drag his ass to a Super Bowl.  Maybe not at this advanced stage of his career, but 5-6 years ago?  Yeah.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TMK9973 said:

My guess, this is Rivera trying to help TH.

Remember TH makes 100k for every game he starts and they win.

I suspect have him start. Play no more then a half. Give him a chance to get some extra cash.

https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1610638174744903681?t=BApdO85urPxvaYeQLYrQfA&s=19

Unless the decision to go back to Wentz last week came from the owner, this makes zero sense to go back to Heinicke as a "oopsie, sorry about that".

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TMK9973 said:

I suspect have him start. Play no more then a half. Give him a chance to get some extra cash.

https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1610638174744903681?t=BApdO85urPxvaYeQLYrQfA&s=19

Ron has helped him enough. I'm going to be furious if they accidently win this game and drop from the 12th pick to the 18th

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Keim's podcast.  A lot of nuggets, and I am not even through it all yet.

A.  QB stay tuned.  Not sure what they do.  They don't see Heinicke as a starter.  Wentz is 100% gone.  They were interested in Carr last time but suspects not this time because of the price.  A football guy he knows who he trusts told Keim previously that Brissett is a good fit to Turner's system -- as I've said before I am good with Brissett.

B.  They are going to try to resign Payne but the likely sale of the team might impinge on that

C.  Not sure about Scott Turner's status but he's under contract, and he suspects Dan won't want to eat that contract considering context.  My editorial to this is Dan is notorious to not liking eating contracts on assistant coaches and tends to push back on the idea. 

D.  When he talks to people about Dan selling, some sources tell him he's going part, some saying its full.  He suspects it would be full.  Some who know Dan says his pause is he wants his legacy to be securing a new stadium and obviously that;s not happening if he sells.  But Keim still believes the likely outcome is a sale. 

E.  Surprised Keim didn't break the Howell story first considering his podcast came out before Fowler's report.  He knew Howell will be playing some of this game.  He basically said the reason why he thought Heinicke would start is they want to make it easier on Howell which they feel it would be by coming in after.  He didn't say this part but the implication for me (based on this and other comments from beat guys that suggest this to me) is if the Cowboys steamroll them early, they might rest some guys -- the impression I get in short is they want to help Howell's confidence leading to the off season. Let Dallas game plan for Taylor versus Howell, etc.

F.  Howell still working on cleaning up his foot work, he's not there yet.  Said he's showing some swagger now in practice - implying that wasn't there previously.   They like his arm, quick twitch, and athletic.    Running the scout team has helped him.  And they definitely want to see him play.  

G.  Off season priorities from talking to his sources.  QB, O line and CB.  Depth at LB and S. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

An email from Sam Howell just got leaked.

To: Ron Rivera
CC: Washington Commanders
Re: Being the worst rated player on the roster

Hi, Ron, my name is Sam Howell. I play quarterback for your team. You probably already knew that, so I’ll continue. I am writing in regards to the overall player rating of 53 that I have received in your internal roster. I feel that this is ****ing ******** and you should kiss my tuddy. Carson Wentz was rated a 68 and it took Jason Wright begging for you to use your institutional knowledge to keep you from cutting him on a Sunday night after his performance in a Sunday afternoon game. That is pretty terrible. The worst part is that his overall rating was sniffing 70.

You know what, Ron? Two can play this game. I rate you a ****ing 12. I rate you a ***ing 12 on my coach roster sheet.… except for in the category of turtling. That is where I will spot you a 98 rating. You will receive this score because I will never give your blubbery tuddy a 99 in any category. Take that, Heinicke-man. Go do ride Dan Snyder's boat or something. Boom.

It’s also pretty wonderful that my footwork rating was 59. You make it sound like I wake up in the morning, helplessly slam my face on closet doors, then lose three of my teeth when I trip going down the stairs to meet the pizza delivery guy. Damn, Ron, I understand you saying that I can't do ballet, but a rating like this pretty much labels me as a cripple. Alex "Peg Leg" Smith has a 52 in this category. The team roster is saying that seven rating points separate me and the breathing embodiment of a turf pirate. Alex Smith struggled to run 5 yards and couldn't slide anymore. Paraplegics had better maneuvering. The only actions that separate point values of athleticism at this embarrassing level are things like using a crutch as a leg to play Twister. I basically edged out Alex by my lack of a limp. If I take a dance class, could you bump me up to a 60?

I guess I just can’t fathom the fact that I am the absolute worst player rated on the entire roster. Dang, man, there are some awful guys in here. Amongst everyone, I was rated the absolute worst.

Screw you, Ron. Please expect to find beard hairs in various meals you consume for the rest of your life. If you screw with Sam Howell, you call down the wolves.

Go coach for Dan's soccer team,

Sam Howell

Edited by NickyJ
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, TMK9973 said:

I can totally believe this.  Heinicke gets his $100k back from Rivera starting Wentz last week.  Plays the first series, quarter, half, however long it takes to secure the money, then give way to Howell.

1 minute ago, Die Hard said:

A fellow misanthrope. 👋

Does this mean we should hate each other?  Or just huddle up and talk about how much we hate everyone?  

I HATE THIS ****ING FRANCHISE MAN.  I knew they'd **** the bed last weekend, I knew they'd choke on donkey balls with a meaningful game on the line, I knew Wentz would make Heinicke look like Joe Montana.  And I knew that they'd announce today that Howell wouldn't start.  

This team is so easy to predict bad things because they're always doing BAD THINGS.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Does this mean we should hate each other?  Or just huddle up and talk about how much we hate everyone?  

I HATE THIS ****ING FRANCHISE MAN.  I knew they'd **** the bed last weekend, I knew they'd choke on donkey balls with a meaningful game on the line, I knew Wentz would make Heinicke look like Joe Montana.  And I knew that they'd announce today that Howell wouldn't start.  

This team is so easy to predict bad things because they're always doing BAD THINGS.  

Like almost everyone could have predicted Ron was going to do this because it was just about the stupidest decision you could make. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Zim489 said:

Like almost everyone could have predicted Ron was going to do this because it was just about the stupidest decision you could make. 

Someone should try to find something dumber for Ron to do, just to see if he'll do it.

Just now, zCommander said:

This makes no sense to me. They want to show Howell what the Dallas D looks like before they put him in?

"Hey Sam, we're going to make you watch the Dallas defense for a quarter or two in hopes that you're scared ****less to go in and play against them.  See that #11 guy?  He's really good, you're gonna want to watch out for him.  Good luck, buddy!"

• Like 2