Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

Only viable options to me are Howell or a rookie. Spending big on another retread typically doesn’t pan out for us. Nothing against Carr’s ability. I think he’s a quality QB and much better than our current crop. Just seems to be a bad avenue for us.

But I’m not against him. 

No. If the team wasn't for sale, then maybe. Don't saddle the new owner with a qb that his people once hired, may not want.

If we are dumping Carson, I'd rather just go with Taylor and Sam in 23.  If Ron doesn't want Taylor, plenty of stopgap QBs we can sign for a year.

You don't make a long term decision at qb with the team in transition. 

Taylor does have something that the greats do. They elevate those around him. The players know Taylor's limitations but they are elevating their game to help their qb. 

Why that is? Don't know but this team reacts differently with him vs Carson.

2 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

No. If the team wasn't for sale, then maybe. Don't saddle the new owner with a qb that his people once hired, may not want.

If we are dumping Carson, I'd rather just go with Taylor and Sam in 23.  If Ron doesn't want Taylor, plenty of stopgap QBs we can sign for a year.

You don't make a long term decision at qb with the team in transition. 

Taylor does have something that the greats do. They elevate those around him. The players know Taylor's limitations but they are elevating their game to help their qb. 

Why that is? Don't know but this team reacts differently with him vs Carson.

Why are you saying “no” to me? :ols:

Edited by KDawg
  • Haha 1

Dang if the game vs Hou was not more of the same from our QB.

An insane 40 to 27 run/pass distribution

TH completes 55% of his passes, but his role is so small he can barely negatively impact the game.

No down the field plays. Nothing even 20 yards this week.

The only real positive I can say is he only had like 2 turnover worthy plays this week, despite his minuscule Tim-Tebow'd role, which is better than his average.

This is week-in and week-out. If NFL coaches were not terrified of messing w/ the sauce when your winning games, and rightfully so, dude would be put thru the bench for play this poor.

Scott Turner finding a way to have any Offense despite TH at QB is the strongest bullet point on his resume.

Just now, FootballZombie said:

Dang if the game vs Hou was not more of the same from our QB.

An insane 40 to 27 run/pass distribution

TH completes 55% of his passes, but his role is so small he can barely negatively impact the game.

No down the field plays. Nothing even 20 yards this week.

The only real positive I can say is he only had like 2 turnover worthy plays this week, despite his minuscule Tim-Tebow'd role, which is better than his average.

This is week-in and week-out. If NFL coaches were not terrified of messing w/ the sauce when your winning games, and rightfully so, dude would be put thru the bench for play this poor.

Scott Turner finding a way to have any Offense despite TH at QB is the strongest bullet point on his resume.

Terry disagrees.  But you probably know more...

2 minutes ago, HOF44 said:

Whatever is going on,the team wins more than it loses with Heineke at QB. Did he make deal at the crossroads?? Who knows. But it’s a fact. 

That's true. But how much longer can a team realistically keep this up with the QB doing so little?

The same thing happened last season. We had that 4 game win streak following the bye, when we started to just pound the rock and limit what Heinicke had to do. But then that went the way of the dodo once we played better defenses that were able to shut down the rushing attack.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I totally get the guys that really love Heinicke beating the “all he does is win” drum.  

But I do wonder if they find the way we win to be just as peculiar and illogical as the rest of us do, they just don’t want to admit it.

I don't think it's so peculiar and illogical. I think, save for the OLine, we're a QB away from contending. Really good defense (that improved after the first quarter of the season), good offensive weapons. An actually good QB would be doing a lot better. Heinicke is just good enough to do an okay job (sometimes good to really good, sometimes bad, averages out to okay).

Derek Carr would have this team at 8-3 or 9-2.  

I have legit no idea how they fix QB moving forward. They wont be able to draft. One Signing one is out of the question. No one worth their salt is worth trading for. Right now the ony "feasible" possibility is Bezos is in place and by some miracle Baltimore doesnt Tag Lamar.

If Ron isnt in here which I have heard some murmurs that Ron possibly stepping down at seasons end (one of those friend of a friend situations) I can see Taylor not being here. So Howell and who? 

1 minute ago, CapsSkins said:

I don't think it's so peculiar and illogical. I think, save for the OLine, we're a QB away from contending. Really good defense (that improved after the first quarter of the season), good offensive weapons. An actually good QB would be doing a lot better. Heinicke is just good enough to do an okay job (sometimes good to really good, sometimes bad, averages out to okay).

Derek Carr would have this team at 8-3 or 9-2.  

I generally agree, but we are plodding along with the running game and the QB stat lines are that of what you expect to see from the losing team.  It’s not like we are the Titans where we have a cyborg at running back, or the old Chargers with LT busting big runs all the time.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I totally get the guys that really love Heinicke beating the “all he does is win” drum.  

But I do wonder if they find the way we win to be just as peculiar and illogical as the rest of us do, they just don’t want to admit it.

At least for me 100%. I don’t mind admitting it.  But I also enjoy it immensely. 

1 minute ago, HOF44 said:

At least for me 100%. I don’t mind admitting it.  But I also enjoy it immensely. 

Fair enough.

I’m glad the guys I like get to experience winning.  I do feel there is a positive aura around the team since the announcement that Dan is selling.  I enjoy watching this defense immensely.  But this offense is hard to watch and not something I enjoy watching at all. 😭

8 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I generally agree, but we are plodding along with the running game and the QB stat lines are that of what you expect to see from the losing team.  It’s not like we are the Titans where we have a cyborg at running back, or the old Chargers with LT busting big runs all the time.

That's true. We have a rushing attack that's generally good enough to stay in front of the chains and a QB who's generally good enough to convert 2nd and short and 3rd and short.

It's a recipe that works when you're not playing from behind, which our defense is good enough to manage for the offense.

It's a generally thin margin of error, but it's workable. You're right, it is a bit unusual. But I see the logic. I'd love to play the same style with a real QB to stretch the field and soften up defenses even more for BRob and Antonio. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

I have legit no idea how they fix QB moving forward. They wont be able to draft. One Signing one is out of the question. No one worth their salt is worth trading for. Right now the ony "feasible" possibility is Bezos is in place and by some miracle Baltimore doesnt Tag Lamar.

If Ron isnt in here which I have heard some murmurs that Ron possibly stepping down at seasons end (one of those friend of a friend situations) I can see Taylor not being here. So Howell and who? 

I think we trade up to grab a prospect that falls. It can happen sometimes. Rodgers was taken 24th. Jackson 32nd. Chiefs traded up from mid 20s to 10 to take Mahomes.