Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

36 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Fact check:  he ended up in that tent 3 times and the gravity one was because the ball was late and behind him and he had to do a contortion routine to get his hands on the ball. 

See video below. Terry has his eyes on the ball and even puts his hand up for the QB and then sees it being short and he jumps up to grab it. Not seeing the contortion you saying. 

Edited by zCommander

35 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Yeah, but you were also basically saying Heinicke's passes played no role...to me, that means karma is gonna make it so that Heinicke ends up in a game due to Wentz being injured (even if just for a quarter) and one of his passes DOES lead to a concussion for Terry lol...so I'm sprinkling around some holy water to scare off the spirits.

Terry was being aggressive to get the ball. He lives for it and said so himself. I wasn't debating or even defending the pass at all. Just how it was unfortunate for Terry to land the way he did. The main reason why he got that concussion. That's all. I know he had one his rookie year too. We can all agree that two is too many already. Let's not see that anymore this year. 

Edited by zCommander

Back to discussing Heinicke and the existence of his murder turkeys. Great. Thanks z, just cant help yourself. 

And yes, that pass above being a high late floater was a murder turkey pass that led to him fighting with 2 defenders, having to make an acrobatic move, that led to him spinning to the ground.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Woof, that throw was sooo late. If he had thrown it when he noticed McLaurin that's a touchdown.

You see in the replay the outside corner (playing deep 3rd?) misplays it, should be toast, but is able to get back into it and contest. That shouldn't be possible unless the throw was terrible. Time of throw was abysmally late and not enough velocity to make up for it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Woof, that throw was sooo late. If he had thrown it when he noticed McLaurin that's a touchdown.

You see in the replay the outside corner (playing deep 3rd?) misplays it, should be toast, but is able to get back into it and contest. That shouldn't be possible unless the throw was terrible. Time of throw was abysmally late and not enough velocity to make up for it.

That throw needed to be 7-8 yards longer and it would have been a walk-in touchdown... but Heinicke couldn't make that throw if he had a bazooka on his shoulder.

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Heineke put Terry in that tent 3 times and it could have been more.  Even some throws that ended in scores, landed like hot air balloons where the recipient was lucky to come out conscious.

I remember the time against Dallas (the first matchup against them), when were the other two? I’m blanking on them but I believe you. 

10 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Good lord that Heinicke stat line. 5/17, 36 yards. I think some people forget just how horrendous he was for most of last season, especially in the 2nd half.

That first Dallas game might have been the worst performance by any QB last season. 

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I can’t recall exactly, only one of them I believe was officially a concussion.  

The video I posted above is the one that led to the only concussion of the season last year. He was out for a week. 

3 hours ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Yep, though I’d argue it was late because Heinicke doesn’t have that arm - he had to maneuver to give himself a runway (and even then it was a Hail Mary).  On the flip side, Terry went up for it the same as a lot of contested ball situations… safety just undercut in the worst way (for Terry).  Weird situation though, ‘cause Heinicke did the right thing mentally - waved Terry deeper and found/moved to that runway, and then put the ball in a place* only his guy could get it…but his limited arm meant the safety had time to recover.  If the safety plays it any other way, it’s probably complete.  

Wentz probably fires that one off w/o leaving the pocket and good chance it’s a td at that point (though I’d be worried someone hits/falls into his plant leg).

*not the place - he probably had a 5-10 yard window and put it on the very edge of that window, just over the corners fingertips.  That play is pretty emblematic of Heinicke IMO - the good and the bad.

Broadly speaking, I think Heinicke gets too much grief around here, but I’m really looking forward to what the (massive) upgrade in arm talent looks like.  Just hope the line holds up for Wentz and Turner can get the most out of the O.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Funny thing is that everyone is hating on Wentz late season collapse, but for some reason giving Murray a pass on his 2nd half of the season atrocious play. AZ will live to regret this contract. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

2 minutes ago, oraphus said:

Funny thing is that everyone is hating on Wentz late season collapse, but for some reason giving Murray a pass on his 2nd half of the season atrocious play. AZ will live to regret this contract. 

There are also articles talking about how Murray thinks film study is beneath him. That's a lot of money for someone who refuses to gameplan.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, oraphus said:

Beyond that, it's his body language that kills me.

I know watching from home, it's hard to correctly gauge a players temperature without knowing the full context - but I'll be damned if this kid doesn't always give off the vibe that nothing is actually his fault.  All the drama this offseason about an extension for him only further moved the needle down on him for me.  I'm sure he's likely to produce more highlight reel plays and games, but I could never bet that this kid is going to go far.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Beyond that, it's his body language that kills me.

I know watching from home, it's hard to correctly gauge a players temperature without knowing the full context - but I'll be damned if this kid doesn't always give off the vibe that nothing is actually his fault.  All the drama this offseason about an extension for him only further moved the needle down on him for me.  I'm sure he's likely to produce more highlight reel plays and games, but I could never bet that this kid is going to go far.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Kyler Murray essentially hold the draft hostage while he deliberated about going to MLB instead?  That alone told me he is a diva.

• Like 3

Yeah it sounds like there were plenty of rumblings about Murray being really self centered, immature, and trying to blame everyone but himself for how their season ended, and any bad games he had. That whole deleting the Cardinals from his social media fiasco makes me think there was probably something there. That's just straight up stupid.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah it sounds like there were plenty of rumblings about Murray being really self centered, immature, and trying to blame everyone but himself for how their season ended, and any bad games he had. That whole deleting the Cardinals from his social media fiasco makes me think there was probably something there. That's just straight up stupid.

Well, I wouldn’t say it’s stupid. It’s all part of negotiating, to me. The team and the player play games like that almost each offseason. 

the rest of what you said, I agree makes him seem childish 

• Thumb up 1

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Well, I wouldn’t say it’s stupid. It’s all part of negotiating, to me. The team and the player play games like that almost each offseason. 

the rest of what you said, I agree makes him seem childish 

Eh, disagree about the social media thing. Doing that was just idiotic and childish and passive-aggressive. If you need to negotiate do it like a man and go up and tell them what you want to start the process and keep it private. Don't play the kind of games that 8 year olds do and try to make a point on social media.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Eh, disagree about the social media thing. Doing that was just idiotic and childish and passive-aggressive. If you need to negotiate do it like a man and go up and tell them what you want to start the process and keep it private. Don't play the kind of games that 8 year olds do and try to make a point on social media.

You really expect a 23 year old to be mature...lol

I am pretty sure none of us knew what the hell to do at the age too. Now put millions of $ in the hand of a 23 year old..... ;)

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Whenever I hear Kyler Murray I see the meme...every time.

giphy.gif

• Haha 6