Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

32 minutes ago, zCommander said:

You really expect a 23 year old to be mature...lol

I am pretty sure none of us knew what the hell to do at the age too. Now put millions of $ in the hand of a 23 year old..... ;)

Sure, I don't expect a 23 year old to act as mature as someone 10 or 20 years older, but I also expect more from someone that age than to play stupid middle school level juvenile games on social media. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Sure, I don't expect a 23 year old to act as mature as someone 10 or 20 years older, but I also expect more from someone that age than to play stupid middle school level juvenile games on social media. 

I am sure in his mind he was thinking new age tactical maneuver....lol

He just didn't see it that way. We do since we are much older but still

40399245.jpg

Edited by zCommander

4 hours ago, mistertim said:

well the thing is, age aside, he has PR people that he has access to (his agent does too) that can help him navigate this type of thing. 

Epic fail. 

I have a hard time saying “epic fail” when in the end he got the contract he wanted. I get the perception, but if he’d been less of a douche about it who knows how much urgency the organization would have felt in getting his deal done. I don’t think it’s much different than Terry not talking to Dotson until he was signed. Might seem petty, but conveys seriousness and sets a boundary in the media, gets people talking about how the team needs to hurry up and make you happy. It’s not about the literal dumb act of deleting the social media stuff—it’s people talking about it and putting the pressure on to get something done. Agents have fine-tuned this ****, I’d be surprised if it wasn’t an approved tactic, as stupid as it is. The point is to get the contract talk on ESPN and trending on twitter. How you get there doesn’t really matter when you end the offseason holding a big check. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Conn said:

I have a hard time saying “epic fail” when in the end he got the contract he wanted. I get the perception, but if he’d been less of a douche about it who knows how much urgency the organization would have felt in getting his deal done.

Spot on.

People can talk about maturity issues revolving around his other actions but I also find it hard to ding him over the contract stuff. At the end of the day dudes are gonna go get their bag, and everyone has their own route to getting it. Some players holdout, some guys break contact, some guys post "I need $" pics, some players delete their media pages, some guys wear other teams gear. Its all part of the process.

Is Terry less mature for not contacting his teammates or showing up to offseason activities? Of course not. He did what he felt he needed to do to secure that bag-bag.

I didn't see this posted anywhere else so i decided to post it here. People seem to focus on his mistakes. I get this is a hype video but wow! SOme of those throws make you giddy!!  

May have to go to YouTube to watch it. Here is the title: Carson Wentz Commanders Hype Video | “The Resurrection” 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

That first Dallas game might have been the worst performance by any QB last season. 

the thing that killed me about Heinicke and Dallas is Heinicke's worshipping of that team in the aftermath.  the way he gushed about their defense, he came off like they played the 85 Bears and they were lucky that they weren't spanked in that game even more. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

the thing that killed me about Heinicke and Dallas is Heinicke's worshipping of that team in the aftermath.  the way he gushed about their defense, he came off like they played the 85 Bears and they were lucky that they weren't spanked in that game even more. 

The defense disguised nothing either. You could see exactly where the blitz was coming from. There was nobody back 20 yards deep. Any average QB could have backed that defense off.

His praise after the game made me feel like lose to the dallas cowboys was on his personal check list, just like the Lambo leap that he put ahead of winning for his team.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

The defense disguised nothing either. You could see exactly where the blitz was coming from. There was nobody back 20 yards deep. Any average QB could have backed that defense off.

His praise after the game made me feel like lose to the dallas cowboys was on his personal check list, just like the Lambo leap that he put ahead of winning for his team.

Basically the Cowboys showed the blue print as to how to stop Heinicke which is to have the LBs crowd close to the line of scrimmage -- so you make it both difficult to run the ball and for him to throw the quick checkdown, 

But Heinicke's comments to me came off almost demoralizing where it was more or less heck it was the Cowboys so we had no chance because they are so good. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I didn't see this posted anywhere else so i decided to post it here. People seem to focus on his mistakes. I get this is a hype video but wow! SOme of those throws make you giddy!!  

May have to go to YouTube to watch it. Here is the title: Carson Wentz Commanders Hype Video | “The Resurrection” 

I cant wait to see our receivers catching passes in stride 25 yards down field. 

• Like 1

The thing about Murray is by some of the stories before this happened -- he wanted a major pay day or he was out. 

I liked Murray before the draft.  He's also been a good player thus far.  But IMO 46 million is an overpay albiet it shows how desperate teams are to avoid being in the QB wildnerness.  

Some here years ago thought that the trend of the escalating QB salaries (back when the high 20s was considered high) would ultimately reverse and teams would discover the juice isn't worth the squeeze but the trend keeps going the opposite way.

The only bad market for Qbs are for the low tier QBs and backups.  They've become dirt cheap for the most part -- the Eagles paying at the time big money relatively speaking to have Chase Daniels as a backup -- that trend has halted.  But if you are a top 10 Qb or even 10-20 you are getting a nice payday clearly. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Conn said:

I have a hard time saying “epic fail” when in the end he got the contract he wanted. I get the perception, but if he’d been less of a douche about it who knows how much urgency the organization would have felt in getting his deal done. I don’t think it’s much different than Terry not talking to Dotson until he was signed. Might seem petty, but conveys seriousness and sets a boundary in the media, gets people talking about how the team needs to hurry up and make you happy. It’s not about the literal dumb act of deleting the social media stuff—it’s people talking about it and putting the pressure on to get something done. Agents have fine-tuned this ****, I’d be surprised if it wasn’t an approved tactic, as stupid as it is. The point is to get the contract talk on ESPN and trending on twitter. How you get there doesn’t really matter when you end the offseason holding a big check. 

I get this side of it, as it's not an epic fail if you set yourself up for life with a $200M+ contractt.  The epic fail to me feels like it's on the Cardinals for bowing to those commands.  I also think the perception would be different if he wasn't already a whiner to begin with.

32 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That felt like more of a defense mechanism by him to me at that time.  Basically making it about how good they are vs. how terrible he played.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

That felt like more of a defense mechanism by him to me at that time.  Basically making it about how good they are vs. how terrible he played.

Probably.  I can't recall a player from this team gushing about another team the way Heinicke did about Dallas.  I recall my takeaway at the time was Heinicke is betting on them winning the SB -- it was like he felt they were Creed against Drago and had no chance so give them some brownie points for not being spanked even more.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

*ahem*…

How is this any different than when the Watson/Browns deal happened and it was talked about in here? Or Rodgers? Or Wilson?  There was even some talk of Murray wanting out and that we should make a play for him at one point.  Any time a QB signs a large deal like this it becomes news for us because we still don't know if we even have one, and if we do in Wentz, what we might end up having to pay him.

I'm sure this convo will die very soon and we'll be back to arguing about how many times Heineke nearly decapitated Terry in no time.

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

How is this any different than when the Watson/Browns deal happened and it was talked about in here? Or Rodgers? Or Wilson?  There was even some talk of Murray wanting out and that we should make a play for him at one point.  Any time a QB signs a large deal like this it becomes news for us because we still don't know if we even have one, and if we do in Wentz, what we might end up having to pay him.

I'm sure this convo will die very soon and we'll be back to arguing about how many times Heineke nearly decapitated Terry in no time.

If that part in bold were the case then cool...but it's not lol.

As for the other QB talk:

- Watson was rumored for a long while to be a target this offseason, so I get talking about him at the time when another team trades for him for an insane amount.

- Same with Rodgers and Wilson....at the time. All three QBs were at least linked to the Commanders in the media to some degree. But this discussion on Murray's attitude and whether or not he got what he wanted from the Cardinals, on a thread about Commanders QBs makes zero sense...especially when any talk about Heinicke--a QB who is actually ON the Commanders lol--would immediately have a number of people clutching their pearls.

We have a thread for general talk about QBs around the league--Kyler was brought up on it, even.

We also have a thread for talking about QBs on the Commanders' roster.

I expect to wade through posts about Heinicke and Howell while looking for posts about Wentz (or wade through posts about Wentz looking for posts about Howell, or whatever combo you want to use)...but wading through posts about Kyler Murray for no other reason than he got an extension in order to find posts about Wentz is about a billion times more irritating than more talk about Heinicke...for me, at least. Let's at least be consistent. Either that, or once again make a thread title change to "The Unofficial All QBs In The NFL (except Heinicke) Thread" lol...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

If that part in bold were the case then cool...but it's not lol.

I can tell you with absolute certainty that Murray has been a subject of conversation in this thread, dating all the way back to him scrubbing his social media of Cardinals stuff.

It wasn’t anywhere near as prevalent as the talk of  Rodgers, Wilson or Watson- but it was definitely discussed.  As would any big name QB that could potentially be on the move or receive a contract that impacts the QB landscape.

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I can tell you with absolute certainty that Murray has been a subject of conversation in this thread, dating all the way back to him scrubbing his social media of Cardinals stuff.

It wasn’t anywhere near as prevalent as the talk of  Rodgers, Wilson or Watson- but it was definitely discussed.  As would any big name QB that could potentially be on the move or receive a contract that impacts the QB landscape.

I was talking about now...no one was talking about Kyler coming to the Commanders now (meaning recently). At least with Wilson we had actually made a trade offer to Seattle, so I could see him coming up throughout the season. Us wanting to go after Rodgers and Watson were heavily speculated in the media (with a few anonymous source-type "reports" as well). Having a few fans think we should go after Murray is not the same. No one has talked about Kyler coming here for a long time, so discussions having to do with him and the Cardinals should be moved over to the Around the NFL QB thread imo.