Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

8 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It's certainly a more rational, logical and sane option than having the audacity to say that Wentz and Taylor had similar stats last season.  

"Except for the turnovers" LOL. 

Except for 7 touchdowns, TH's 8 more turnovers, and 14 less spots in QBR, they're almost the same.  

Taylor also had better completion %. Does Taylor throw in double and triple coverages and takes risks. Sure. This is what hurt Taylor. He tried too hard to impress and try to make a name for himself which backfired for him. And sure I understand his arm strength could be an issue and not discounting that but to me Wentz is still a one year gap stop and giving up lots of picks and $28 mil if the mindset is we will draft a QB next year instead. 

I would have been fine with Taylor if that meant getting our true franchise QB next year. This is where my mindset has been all this time. I don't expect you or anyone to agree with me and that's cool. We all see things differently. 

I don't think anyone is thinking Wentz is our franchise QB or can be for that matter. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Taylor and Hines both had 40 receptions last season. Hines is one of the best pass-catching backs in the league. 

They also count as pass-catchers. 

Lucky for us we also have 2 good pass catching backs, ranked 9th(McKissic) and 25th(Gibson) in receiving yards to Taylor and Hines 13th and 22nd.

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Hazel-Ra said:

I just cannot understand how so many people are convinced that all of Watson's legal/ civil issues are just going to vanish on Friday.

If it were only 1-2 allegations under review, ok think positive bur 22??? Odds are not good.

As far North Dakota Wrong goes... well at least we aren't trading 1st rnd picks on our latest dubious move and we probably won't draft a QB in the 1st which I personally feel is a good thing with this years crop.

This frees us up to draft a good WR or Nakobe Dean if he's still there.  Dude is an absolute animal.

19 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It's certainly a more rational, logical and sane option than having the audacity to say that Wentz and Taylor had similar stats last season.  

"Except for the turnovers" LOL. 

Except for 7 touchdowns, TH's 8 more turnovers, and 14 less spots in QBR, they're almost the same.  

This. They're exactly the same player. Dumb move.  :ols:

• Haha 2

Just now, Bifflog said:

Lucky for us we also have 2 good pass catching backs, ranked 9th(McKissic) and 25th(Gibson) in receiving yards to Taylor and Hines 13th and 22nd.

I bet Terry is the happiest player in the NFL right now.

Beautiful deep balls, on time passes, no concussion throws.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, zCommander said:

Taylor also had better completion %. Does Taylor throw in double and triple coverages and takes risks. Sure. This is what hurt Taylor. He tried too hard to impress and try to make a name for himself which backfired for him. And sure I understand his arm strength could be an issue and not discounting that but to me Wentz is still a one year gap stop and giving up lots of picks and $28 mil if the mindset is we will draft a QB next year instead. 

I would have been fine with Taylor if that meant getting our true franchise QB next year. This is where my mindset has been all this time. I don't expect you or anyone to agree with me and that's cool. We all see things differently. 

I don't think anyone is thinking Wentz is our franchise QB or can be for that matter. 

"He's trying to do too much"

"He's trying to impress"

"He's trying to carry the team"

Have you spoken to him?  Did he tell you those things or are you just making assumptions based on the fact that you like him, and it feels better to say he's trying too hard vs. he's just not very good at throwing the football?

Every time I try to walk away, you pull me back in.  I kind of hope that you're really at home laughing and this is all a troll job that you are successfully carrying out at mine and others expense.

6 minutes ago, Hazel-Ra said:

I just cannot understand how so many people are convinced that all of Watson's legal/ civil issues are just going to vanish on Friday.

If it were only 1-2 allegations under review, ok think positive bur 22??? Odds are not good.

As far North Dakota Wrong goes... well at least we aren't trading 1st rnd picks on our latest dubious move and we probably won't draft a QB in the 1st which I personally feel is a good thing with this years crop.

What he said. 22 cases, 4 of which are criminal. And people are already making plans for him to be in the huddle in September.

We could be wrong...some judge may decide not to press charges and just fine the heck out of him. In which case, that makes Ron and the Cmdrs. look kind of stupid for jumping the gun and getting Wentz. What was the hurry??

We get to keep all our 

1 minute ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Wentz?

On a contract year?

With a chip on his shoulder?

Against a last place schedule?

For a couple third rounders?

SIGN ME UP!

And the bonus is we didnt have to lose studs on D for a trade. Hated the notion of trading Curl and Sweat. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

"He's trying to do too much"

"He's trying to impress"

"He's trying to carry the team"

Have you spoken to him?  Did he tell you those things or are you just making assumptions based on the fact that you like him, and it feels better to say he's trying too hard vs. he's just not very good at throwing the football?

Every time I try to walk away, you pull me back in.  I kind of hope that you're really at home laughing and this is all a troll job that you are successfully carrying out at mine and others expense.

I am not trolling. You think I do. I don't. I have my opinion and you have yours. When was the last time I said you were trolling? I would think a discussion can be had with people that view things differently. 

By the way, it doesn't take an expert to say Taylor was being stupid on some of those throws. Okay actually the people calling the games did say just that. So no it was not just me. 

All jokes aside, I applaud the FO for being aggressive. I think this has a chance to pan out if we add a few more pieces. 

I don’t want to give up draft picks! I don’t want to overpay! That’s how you end up with Heinicke and that stupid ass long thread. 😆

I think we have a chance to win the East. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Jokes aside, this guy may be good for this team, but he could be awful.  The Colts had a playoff spot locked up if they beat the Jags, but he couldn't do it last year. If he wins that game this trade isn't made

If Wentz turns into a little rascal, then we have a very easy out since he's owed zero guaranteed money after this upcoming year. There's basically zero long-term risk with bringing him in.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1