Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

39 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Would be surprised if this regime were to leak any information about what college QB they like. I almost lean Willis because there’s been no reports about him being liked/loved by the FO. 

It's not really a leak, its reporters (squarely Keim) having good sources.  Keim nailed Antonio Gibson, Payne, AGG, Guice among others in the past.  Dan's love for Haskins leaked before the draft.  

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It's not really a leak, its reporters (squarely Keim) having good sources.  Keim nailed Antonio Gibson, Payne, AGG, Guice among others in the past.  Dan's love for Haskins leaked before the draft.  

You have probably mentioned before, and I apologize if you did and I am asking again but did Keim happen to mention us being interested in Ridder or mention Ridder's name?  

Willis will be a Steeler and I'll enjoy watching how that plays out, hopefully he can turn into a player there. 

I'm thinking the dominoes fall like this... 

Mitch T to NY Giants, follows Coordinator 

Jimmy G to Philly

Jamis Stays in the division again and goes to Carolina

We sign Mariota 

Denver drafts Pickett with eyes to trade for Watson if he gets cleared 

We Draft Corral or Ridder 

Pitt Draft Willis

Howell stays in Car, they trade back up into the first

I'd be unhappy with Wentz, Jamis, Mitch T or Pickett... any other scenario works for me. 

• Like 1

Not about our team, but it got a laugh out of me

23 minutes ago, RWJ said:

You have probably mentioned before, and I apologize if you did and I am asking again but did Keim happen to mention us being interested in Ridder or mention Ridder's name?  

Keim has mentioned some intrigue about both Ridder and Strong.  Ironically both working together at times from what i've read under the tutelage of Palmer. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, DWinzit said:

Translation-The Colts brought in a guy they were familiar with and knew was talented.

He turned out to be a mitigated disaster with commitment issues and no team should waste their time or money on him.....This means you especially Washington.

*Unmitigated* disaster.  A mitigated disaster is one you can mitigate, that is, do something about.  Think 1970's Dallas Cokeboys.

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Chris Russell yesterday said that he thinks Deshaun Watson is on the table

Isn't that where Watson got in trouble in the first place?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 9

23 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

But Trubisky hasn't even matched Heinicke as far as yards in a season. 

I want to point out there is nuance to this statement:

In 2018, the Bears went 11-3 (for a total of 14 games) when Mitch started (he missed 2 games, and I didn't go look up the context as to why), he threw for 3,232 yards, 24 TDs and 12 INT, Yards per attempt of 7.4, 66% completion percentage and a yards per game of 230.2.

In 2021, TH played in 15.5 games, threw for 3419 yards, 20 TDs and 15 INTs, Yards per attempt of 6.9, completion percentage of 65%, and a yards per game of 213.

While it is true without a doubt TH threw for more yards, he did play in 1.5 more games.  He had a significantly lower Yards per Game than Mitch.

Overall, it's true that Mitch does have a lower YPA than TH.  What's somewhat interesting when you look at the Mitch's number (and only numbers), he really had 1 really good year in 2018, where he actually made the probowl (for whatever that matters), and then completely fell off a cliff in 2019, where every one of his statistical numbers dropped precipitously.  

Then, in limited action (9 starts, 10 games), he was much better in 2020. Not quite at 2018 levels, but much better than 2019. He had his highest completion percentage, and a 6.9 yards per attempt.  This was the season where he really did distribute the ball a bunch and did not try to stretch the field.  He only averaged 205 YPG.  

Here's the thing: I don't think TH in any world could have Mitch's 2018 season.  If you extrapolate Mitch's 2018 through 16 games based on his averages, he would have had 3683 yards, 27 TDs, 14 INTs.  And knowing what we know of TH now, I just don't think those numbers are reasonably within reach, especially since defenses have adjusted to him.  

All this to say, there's no reason to believe Mitch is the long-term answer to anything, except happiness for his wife Heather and his unborn child.  

I REALLY would like for them to hit on Wilson, Rodgers or Watson (caveat, he's not in jail and could actually play).  I would have liked Carr, but he's not going anywhere.  I don't really want to trade anything more than a 3rd or 4th for Jimmy, though I think it will take a 2.  I will lose my mind if we trade a first and don't get something other than Jimmy back in return. Also, if Murray is available, I don't give a crap about the red flags, I'd go get him also.  If that flames out, it flames out, but I'd absolutely give it a shot.  

I think wanting Wilson in the NFC East other than with us is madness.  

I think we're going to end up with Mitch + a second or third round draft pick, and then I think we're going to pick another QB in the 2023 draft in the first round to be the starter, with Mitch exiting stage left the 3rd round guy from 2021 draft cemented as the backup, the new guy as the future, and TH can go buy his sister a better couch and sleep on that.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Not about our team, but it got a laugh out of me

Keim has mentioned some intrigue about both Ridder and Strong.  Ironically both working together at times from what i've read under the tutelage of Palmer. 

I am not a big fan of either but should be interesting.

Regarding the Ridder/Strong intrigue, that is why I would at all be shocked if they do not go QB at 11 but grab on the these guys at the end of the 1st/top of the 2nd.

14 minutes ago, Dark Acre said:

*Unmitigated* disaster.  A mitigated disaster is one you can mitigate, that is, do something about.  Think 1970's Dallas Cokeboys.

My bad....and love your reference material!!!

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

The Packers are going to do whatever it takes , cap be damned to have Aaron play  for them in 22. They will

manipulate the cap of other players, so they can fit Adams in. 

I don’t think Adams will be interested in staying if Rodgers is only playing the 2022 season. Time will tell.

9 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I want to point out there is nuance to this statement:

...I REALLY would like for them to hit on Wilson, Rodgers or Watson (caveat, he's not in jail and could actually play).  I would have liked Carr, but he's not going anywhere.  I don't really want to trade anything more than a 3rd or 4th for Jimmy, though I think it will take a 2.  I will lose my mind if we trade a first and don't get something other than Jimmy back in return. Also, if Murray is available, I don't give a crap about the red flags, I'd go get him also.  If that flames out, it flames out, but I'd absolutely give it a shot.  

I think wanting Wilson in the NFC East other than with us is madness.  

I think we're going to end up with Mitch + a second or third round draft pick, and then I think we're going to pick another QB in the 2023 draft in the first round to be the starter, with Mitch exiting stage left the 3rd round guy from 2021 draft cemented as the backup, the new guy as the future, and TH can go buy his sister a better couch and sleep on that.  

My post was bringing home a response to the point that the dude was selling Trubisky squarely based on Allen Robinson's numbers citing that as a point of Trubisky's production.  My point in return was Trubisky wasn't really a productive player on a number of metrics, ironically some of the same ones we kill Heinicke here for. 

I have no problem diving even deeper in Trubisky's numbers, I've done it before.  Too lazy to do it right now.  You don't really have to cherry pick much to slam him -- many of his numbers are eerily almost identical to Sam Darnold.

But as I said the dude is fast.  I don't care for Trubisky as a passer and I think are limits to his issues are on Nagy argument just like there was with Darnold's struggles were on Gase.    But the difference for me is I like Trubiusky's elusivness in the pocket and running ability.  That's not sarcasm on my end.  If I hated Trubisky I would say it.  i am not excited one whit about Trubisky but I don't hate him specifically because of his mobility.  

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

My post was bringing home a response to the point that the dude was selling Trubisky squarely based on Allen Robinson's numbers citing that as a point of Trubisky's production.  My point in return was Trubisky wasn't really a productive player on a number of metrics, ironically some of the same ones we kill Heinicke here for. 

I have no problem diving even deeper in Trubisky's numbers, I've done it before.  Too lazy to do it right now.  You don't really have to cherry pick much to slam him -- many of his numbers are eerily almost identical to Sam Darnold.

But as I said the dude is fast.  I don't care for Trubisky as a passer and I think are limits to his issues are on Nagy argument just like there was with Darnold's struggles were on Gase.    But the difference for me is I like Trubiusky's elusivness in the pocket and running ability.  That's not sarcasm on my end.  If I hated Trubisky I would say it.  i am not excited one whit about Trubisky but I don't hate him specifically because of his mobility.  

That's fine.  I still think he'd be an immediate upgrade to everything we've had here for 2 years.  

Which says MUCH more about what we've had here than how good Mitch is

I think you should concede however that his 2018 season was pretty good statistically.  His rookie season in 2017 was "meh" to bad.  His 2019 was a catastrophe.  

The one thing I do wonder, he wasn't really in a good situation as far as coaching goes.  I wonder if a year off and in Buffalo, eh, he's able to replicate his 2018 season a few times. 

And I'd prefer FA Mitch over trade for Jimmy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darth Tater said:

Urban Meyer. Trevor Lawrence's mantra right now has to be remember Peyton Manning's rookie year. 🙄

I’m not even saying I think Lawrence is doomed. But there’s no real good way to project a first year player. They may thrive. They may fail. Neither is really an indicator of the future. Though if they’re good year one they generally don’t drop to the depths of bustville. But other than that…

2 hours ago, DWinzit said:

If they were able to bring a guy like Trubisky in, it is assumed he will start and the rookie will not be ready at the beginning of the year...with the possible exception of Small Hand Luke. That being said, depending on who they like, they could grab them later in the 1st or early in the second. That allows them to use 11 on another need or trading down some to grab their QB and collect other picks for other needs and depth.

I think it was Matt Miller today that said this isn't a draft with any "elite talent" at the top, nor a draft with any likely franchise QBs, but there's a lot of talent and depth across the board and a "great draft" to have lots of Top 100 picks.

If we don't have our QB at #11, I would like to trade down and accumulate some picks and get our QB later ... than draft someone at #11 and then trade back up from Round 2 (thus likely giving up our 1st or a 2nd next year to do so).

I'd rather have, say, #25 ... and 2 2nds ... and get a QB at #25 ... than draft a LB at #11 ... and then trade a 2023 pick to move back for a 2nd 1st round pick to take a QB.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

I keep going back to the fact that Allen Robinson put up 200 receptions and 2400 yards over a 2 year span with Trubisky as his QB. This tells me that Mitch can get the ball to the playmakers, he just needs to be smarter in all areas of QB play. Maybe this year helped him grow? He has the tools for sure. 

Why would you keep going back to a stat that doesn't have much meaning as far as QB play? Terry McLaurin had over 2000 receiving yards over the last 2 years with a combination of Alex Smith, Dwayne Haskins, Kyle Allen, Taylor Heinicke, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Garrett Gilbert throwing to him.

All those numbers mean is that Robinson is a great receiver and will catch most things that are in his vicinity. Just like Terry. Now imagine how prolific those guys would be with legit QBs throwing to them.

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, wit33 said:

Would be surprised if this regime were to leak any information about what college QB they like. I almost lean Willis because there’s been no reports about him being liked/loved by the FO. 

I don't think anyone knows anything for sure before the combine and pro days. Even John Keim said he hasn't heard much post Senior Bowl. Plus Ron will be able to be there for pro days and combine which will likely affect a lot. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Willis will be a Steeler and I'll enjoy watching how that plays out, hopefully he can turn into a player there. 

I'm thinking the dominoes fall like this... 

Mitch T to NY Giants, follows Coordinator 

Jimmy G to Philly

Jamis Stays in the division again and goes to Carolina

We sign Mariota 

Denver drafts Pickett with eyes to trade for Watson if he gets cleared 

We Draft Corral or Ridder 

Pitt Draft Willis

Howell stays in Car, they trade back up into the first

I'd be unhappy with Wentz, Jamis, Mitch T or Pickett... any other scenario works for me. 

If the Steelers want Willis they will have to find a way to get up in the top 10. 

Good Twitter thread here with some cut ups of Willis - he’s talented!

43 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

That's fine.  I still think he'd be an immediate upgrade to everything we've had here for 2 years.  

Which says MUCH more about what we've had here than how good Mitch is

I think you should concede however that his 2018 season was pretty good statistically.  His rookie season in 2017 was "meh" to bad.  His 2019 was a catastrophe.  

The one thing I do wonder, he wasn't really in a good situation as far as coaching goes.  I wonder if a year off and in Buffalo, eh, he's able to replicate his 2018 season a few times. 

And I'd prefer FA Mitch over trade for Jimmy.

I'd prefer FA Mitch + a 1st round rookie over Jimmy G 100% but not just Mitch...because he's not very good. Saying he's an upgrade over what we've had is sort of like saying that a moldy roast beef sandwich you found in a dumpster is an upgrade over the dog poop you had to eat yesterday. It's technically true, but ultimately doesn't mean much and is mostly just depressing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Redskins 2021 said:

No one going to like this just messenger, rumor is Andy Dalton has a shot of coming in do to his past work with are Qb coach Ken Zampese. 

Not a big fan of this Daltan at this point.  He ia a vet. I don't know if I believe it.

They saw the reaction from the Bears fanbase after the Dalton pickup. I'd imagine they would want to avoid that w/ a 10ft pole if possible.

28 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Anderson is a good source.

I think the vast majority of people and clubs, and even Watson's people themselves, realize that he is not likely going anywhere until we have more clarity to his situation. At the very least a clear timetable of sorts, if not full outright clearance.

The only ones who didn't get that memo were the panthers, who would apparently green light a deal for a tire fire at this point. As with everything else, blame Sam Darnold.