Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

14 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Unless, of course, he isn't yet.

They will eventually move on from Jimmy G. I don't know that this will be the year.

I mentioned that they trade for Rodgers and send Lance to Green Bay.

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I would agree WITH the exception being he has some sort of agreement/discussion with Snyder to get him bought into the plan.

"Dan, here's the plan. I'm going to go get Tyler Huntley this year because I really think he could be the guy to take this team one more step forward and I don't think anyone in this draft class can contribute. My insurance plan is to accumulate picks in 2023 so we can build out this roster this year around Huntley, and if he isn't the guy to deliver us a franchise QB, our team should be good enough to compete for the playoffs, and we'll have the picks to make a big splash at QB in a stronger class in 2023. You know that Bryce Young at Alabama sure is special. He'd be a nice consolation prize if Huntley doesn't pan out, but we have the 1sts next year to be aggressive. Give me 5 years to get this new brand underway, and I'll get you that super bowl run by Year 5 at the latest. "

Dan will tell Ron; if I am waiting for my qb in 23, then I might well have a new coach in 23. An offense oriented coach who can develop that qb and not you and Norv’s son.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, mistertim said:

:ols:

I calculate a 94.7% chance that you have a dartboard with Darnold's face on it in your office.

Good thing we didn't trade for him.  For among other reasons, I'd be so obnxoious on the board's Darnold thread.  The Darnold people would hate me. They'd be blaming Scott Turner I bet for Darnold's struggles.   He's just not playing to his strengths.   :ols:

Besides Darnold stinking, its wild that Carolina also extended him for 19 million for this year, they are also missing a 2nd and 4th in this coming draft after giving up a pick in the last draft, wow. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Good thing we didn't trade for him.  For among other reasons, I'd be so obnxoious on the board's Darnold's thread.  The Darnold people would hate me. They'd be blaming Scott Turner I bet for Darnold's struggles.   He's just not playing to his strengths.   :ols:

Besides Darnold stinking, its wild that Carolina also extended him for 19 million for this year, they are also missing a 2nd and 4th in this coming draft after giving up a pick in the last draft, wow. 

Oh trust me, I was never ever on the Darnold bandwagon, so we're on the same page. I just think it's pretty funny that you still take random shots at him whenever possible.   :ols:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

If they go rookie then you need to pick up Tyrod Taylor. He has been the biggest good luck charm for launching successful QB's. Every time he gets hurt the rookie behind him balls out!

This is so true. Alex Smith has nothing on Tyrod when it comes to mentorship lol...Josh Allen, Justin Herbert and Davis Mills. Am I missing any?

• Like 1

Hoping we can get Watson. I don't think Drafting one with the first pick might take some time and Rivera has high expectations in year 3.

46 minutes ago, lovemaskins said:

Link!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/nfl/washingtonfootball/.amp/news/coach-washington-football-brian-flores-dolphins-deshaun-watson-trade

Edited by RedskinsVa7
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

18 minutes ago, RedskinsVa7 said:

Hoping we can get Watson. I don't think Drafting one with the first pick might take some time and Rivera has high expectations in year 3.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/nfl/washingtonfootball/.amp/news/coach-washington-football-brian-flores-dolphins-deshaun-watson-trade

I think if we want watson we can get him now after miami fired there coach. I think miami is out and the only team left are us, new orleans,Denver, Philadelphia, Cleveland and Carolina.  Major problem would be Denver with all there picks. We have a package to offer with Dline men that texans would want because of there defense being so bad. Do we want him is the question. He fixes alot of the problems we have. Take his legal problems away he is everything we need. It's definitely something to think about.

Edited by Redskins 2021
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Oh trust me, I was never ever on the Darnold bandwagon, so we're on the same page. I just think it's pretty funny that you still take random shots at him whenever possible.   :ols:

lol, i think the reason why I focus on Darnold so much is I invested so much time watching him ironically because I wanted to talk myself into him.  I am as a fanatic as anyone in terms of wanting a franchise QB as I know you are.  And we got a long off season so when the season is over in particular I have fun watching players, and killing some time doing it. 

I had to have watched at least 5 college games for Darnold and at least 5 pro games.  by the time I was finished I thought I was as well versed as I could be with him.  And the more I digested it the more I hated the idea.  But I think the kicker was Sheehan, who I like to listen to, going on and on about how Darnold is a baller and we need to go get him.  He even got Cooley to kick in though Cooley admited in one of those segments he hasn't really watched Darnold closely.  Then you got all these media draftniks like Kiper and Jeremiah pushing how smart teams would be if they traded for Darnold. 

And at the same time, some Jets reporters in various segments would confirm would I thought about him so it made me feel good that maybe I am not crazy?  Yeah I know some others here ike yourself also didn't like Darnold but some did argue for him.  We had some good debates on the issue on the previous QB thread. So I had a lot of angst wrapped up in Darnold and clearly I am not still not over it.  :ols:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

lol, i think the reason why I focus on Darnold so much is I invested so much time watching him ironically because I wanted to talk myself into him.  I am as a fanatic as anyone in terms of wanting a franchise QB as I know you are.  And we got a long off season so when the season is over in particular I have fun watching players, and killing some time doing it. 

I had to have watched at least 5 college games for Darnold and at least 5 pro games.  by the time I was finished I thought I was as well versed as I could be with him.  And the more I digested it the more I hated the idea.  But I think the kicker was Sheehan, who I like to listen to, going on and on about how Darnold is a baller and we need to go get him.  He even got Cooley to kick in though Cooley admited in one of those segments he hasn't really watched Darnold closely.  Then you got all these media draftniks like Kiper and Jeremiah pushing how smart teams would be if they traded for Darnold. 

And at the same time, some Jets reporters in various segments would confirm would I thought about him so it made me feel good that maybe I am not crazy?  Yeah I know some others here ike yourself also didn't like Darnold but some did argue for him.  We had some good debates on the issue on the previous QB thread. So I had a lot of angst wrapped up in Darnold and clearly I am not still not over it.  :ols:

Sheehan was going on today on the radio about Jimmy G being a baller.

No man loves mediocre QBs more Sheehan. 

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I think if we want watson we can get him now after miami fired there coach. I think miami is out and the only team left are us, new orleans,Denver, Philadelphia, Cleveland and Carolina.  Major problem would be Denver with all there picks. We have a package to offer with Dline men that texans would want because of there defense being so bad. Do we want him is the question. He fixes alot of the problems we have. Take his legal problems away he is everything we need. It's definitely something to think about.

According to that link I posted, Watson said he will veto going to Philadelphia, but said yes coming here. 

1 minute ago, RedskinsVa7 said:

According to that link I posted, Watson said he will veto going to Philadelphia, but said yes coming here. 

If his legal problems get solved. He is everything we need football wise can make all throws and can run. He would be better for us then stafford would have been. Just the legal problems are so much. He would make us a contender. It is a major risk thought.

4 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

If his legal problems get solved. He is everything we need football wise can make all throws and can run. He would be better for us then stafford would have been. Just the legal problems are so much. He would make us a contender. It is a major risk thought.

I think he's going to Carolina personally.  Relatively near Clemson, have a higher pick than we do, an NFC team, and the motivation to make a godfather offer.  We can't compete with that.  

3 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

I think he's going to Carolina personally.  Relatively near Clemson, have a higher pick than we do, an NFC team, and the motivation to make a godfather offer.  We can't compete with that.  

What you think we would offer vs them. 

I think Payne Sweat and a first round pick would be are start. The lineman are still on rookie contracts and the Texans have no dline players.

What would Carolina have I think they gave up alot of picks for Sam darnold. The only team he gave the ok to was the dolphins. He did play for Clemson but I think texans would like are offer better. 

Edited by Redskins 2021

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

I think they are going old school with Lance. many of us really liked him but as a project that could take a year or two. Lance's last game he showed some flashes but overall that he wasn't ready to lead a contender to contention.

If I were Shanahan my plan next year would be to start Jimmy G, but use a lot more of Lance. Get him more packages, more plays. 

Jimmy G sees the majority of the plays but Lance plays 15-20% of the plays. Then play whoever the hot hand is. If Lance starts getting it and tearing it up in camp or the first few weeks THEN you look to move on from Jimmy G. Until then you can't move the guy that's middle of the road QB play allows you to make a run. They spent what they spent but for a guy like Lance the rookie contract gives you learning years + some trial years at a low cost.

For a guy like Lawrence you want all 5 years to be productive as he was tabbed as NFL ready. Same with Mac Jones.

I think with Lance looking the way that he did, moving on from Jimmy G would be foolhardy. 

I see the situation as being very similar to that of Mahomes being behind Alex Smith at the Chiefs. They moved on from Smith even though he had taken them to the playoffs and made the Pro Bowl in 2017. Of course it will depend on the evaluation the 49ers make of how far along Lance is and how confident they feel handing him the keys.

46 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Sheehan was going on today on the radio about Jimmy G being a baller.

No man loves mediocre QBs more Sheehan. 

I mean Jimmy G is a good QB, he's just injury prone.

Darnold stinks. I can't believe people actually wanted him last year. I straight up even said he's Dewey Haskins without the attitude issues.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I see the situation as being very similar to that of Mahomes being behind Alex Smith at the Chiefs. They moved on from Smith even though he had taken them to the playoffs and made the Pro Bowl in 2017. Of course it will depend on the evaluation the 49ers make of how far along Lance is and how confident they feel handing him the keys.

Yeah I agree. I just don’t think they see Lance is anywhere near ready. That will be the sticking point though. 100% agree.

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I mean Jimmy G is a good QB, he's just injury prone.

Darnold stinks. I can't believe people actually wanted him last year. I straight up even said he's Dewey Haskins without the attitude issues.

I still don't completely get where this idea of Jimmy G being a good QB comes from. He's completely and utterly mediocre. Is he an upgrade to Heinicke? Sure, because he has an NFL arm. But IMO that's about it. He's a pure game manager who needs a superior team around him to go anywhere.

He's not a bad QB, but neither are other mediocre QBs who I don't really dig. I'm guessing SF would ask for a 2nd for him and IMO he's not worth it. If we're going to draft a rookie I'd rather save the draft capital and just bring in one of the other mediocre QBs available in FA.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I still don't completely get where this idea of Jimmy G being a good QB comes from. He's completely and utterly mediocre. Is he an upgrade to Heinicke? Sure, because he has an NFL arm. But IMO that's about it. He's a pure game manager who needs a superior team around him to go anywhere.

He's not a bad QB, but neither are other mediocre QBs who I don't really dig. I'm guessing SF would ask for a 2nd for him and IMO he's not worth it. If we're going to draft a rookie I'd rather save the draft capital and just bring in one of the other mediocre QBs available in FA.

I think the reason he keeps coming up is he plays at the level we need to have a successful football on a constant basis. Not really anyone first choice but the belief is he can get it done. The injuries scare me with him.

Edited by Redskins 2021