Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

I wouldn’t mind Houston sending Watson to Carolina, and then Houston deciding to stick with Mills. Would help our situation out if we are intending to go QB in the draft. Likewise the Giants hopefully sticking with Jones.

That said, I also think both Detroit and Atlanta would be idiotic to do anything other than go QB top 10. 

4 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I think more QBs will be picked in the top 10 that most expect. Could be 4 teams ahead of us or in a similar draft position looking at QB.

If we wait until the draft I think we’d have to shift from pick #11 in some capacity.

You likely got to trade up to the Jets pick at #4 if you want a specific guy.   Senior Bowl likely shifts things around some but if things are what the mock drafts indicate (granted that's a wildcard at best) then it depends on what they think of guys that supposedly are likely for sure going to be available at 11 like Strong, Ridder, Howell.

23 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Agreed they will go all in on these guys. Going all in for Watson is certainly a Snyder move. Overlook circumstance and be enamored with talent.

That one is too wild for me to believe on both ends as for Watson. I know Dan is dumb but could he be that dumb as for the PR fallout?  It's possible, I'll grant since he's dense as heck.

24 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Carr's price just went up and his chances of being available dropped to very little.

Yeah I watched the whole game and wanted the Raiders to lose for that reason.  I always thought it was a bit of a long shot but now that they made the playoffs and did it by beating some good teams to get there, Dallas, the Colts, Chargers, etc -- I serioulsy doubt they trade him.

29 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Trade targets appear to be Mayfield, Watson, Wilson. I am not listing Rodgers as I don't think he's leaving Green Bay.

Judging by rumors, it was a bad day yesterday on that front with stories that Mayfield and Wilson won't be traded.  Ditto Matt Ryan.    Not that I am a Jimmy G guy but for what its worth, I wonder if they trade him now either considering he helped lead them to the playoffs too and Lance clearly doesn't look ready.

It feels like its the draft of bust.  Granted thogh those rumors could change, circumstances could change.  But overall, based on yesterday's rumors, feels likely the onlly major veterans hitting the market might be Tua and Watson.

32 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Tu'a may be available. He and Davis Mills are virtually the same in my eyes and I'm not sure Houston will abandon Mills.

Agree about Tua and Mills.  I liked Tua in Alabama.  I am not sure what to make of his Miami games.  Don't love Tua, don't hate him.  He doesn't look as a dyanmic player as he was preinjury.

Rivera did reveal in one of his interviews, I think it was one with Sheehan if I recall, that they had concerns about Tua's injury when talking about why they didn't take him.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I wouldn’t mind Houston sending Watson to Carolina, and then Houston deciding to stick with Mills. Would help our situation out if we are intending to go QB in the draft. Likewise the Giants hopefully sticking with Jones.

That said, I also think both Detroit and Atlanta would be idiotic to do anything other than go QB top 10. 

And other teams can still trade in. We will need to trade up if 2 of the 4 go in the top 5.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, KDawg said:

And other teams can still trade in. We will need to trade up if 2 of the 4 go in the top 5.

Agree. Cant see the Giants helping out so if we want a specific prospect I think we may need to go into the top 4

23 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

You likely got to trade up to the Jets pick at #4 if you want a specific guy.   Senior Bowl likely shifts things around some but if things are what the mock drafts indicate (granted that's a wildcard at best) then it depends on what they think of guys that supposedly are likely for sure going to be available at 11 like Strong, Ridder, Howell.

Just seen this. Yeah #4 would look like a spot we may need to get to. 

I fear if we stay at #11 then any QB available at that stage may be a major reach. It’s almost be brave and trade back territory then.

2 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Agree. Cant see the Giants helping out so if we want a specific prospect I think we may need to go into the top 4

Just seen this. Yeah #4 would look like a spot we may need to get to. 

I fear if we stay at #11 then any QB available at that stage may be a major reach. It’s almost be brave and trade back territory then.

Yeah it totally depends on how they see those guys if they think like some mock draft types do which is that there are 3-4 guys with similar ability, if so they can likely rest at 11.  I personally don't see it that way as for the QBs right now but I'll reserve final judgement until post senior bowl. 

I want to add... Stafford has been a total liability. I understand he threw for 42 TDs, but his supporting cast is surreal... He led the league in interceptions with 17 and pick sixes this year.

Our offense would have looked better, for sure. And we would have scored more points with him. He's obviously better than Heinicke and it's not even close. They are multiple tiers apart in ability. But I don't know if he's the guy to get it done, either.

That's a lot of trade capital for a guy like him to put him on a team with a weaker supporting cast.

I think the draft has to be our spot to go with Carr likely off the table.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I would be surprised but I do agree with their degree of desperation. I don’t think they will fart around with this 

John Keim on The Junkies this morning really doesn't believe that Watson is an option. 

He believes -

1)  Watson really wants to go to Miami

2) Doesn't think he'll wave his no trade clause to come here

3) Might be deep rooted in the fact that he has/had the same agent as Haskins

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Final QBR ratings. My fear is they talk themselves into Bridgewater.  Granted he's better than Heinicke.  Better than Trubisky.  But supposedly he wants good money, doesn't mean he will get it though, but to me its "meh".

Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 8.22.09 AM.png

I don't agree that Bridgewater is better than Trubisky. 

36 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I want to add... Stafford has been a total liability. I understand he threw for 42 TDs, but his supporting cast is surreal... He led the league in interceptions with 17 and pick sixes this year.

My thought about Stafford remains the same as it was when he was available.  10-13 guy and solidly so.  I think he more than proved that this year.

Goff didn't do the same thing there previously, Cooper Kupp wasn't setting WR records before he got there, etc.

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

After taking in some Teddy B action this season, I can't help but wonder why on earth he would think he's in line to get paid.  I'm not even so sure I'd go as far as to say he's better than Trubisky.  Dude is a complete snoozefest of a QB.

Because we have a ton of cap space and are desperate. 

Just now, KDawg said:

I don't agree that Bridgewater is better than Trubisky. 

Best way for me to explain my take on Trubisky is its easier to convince me that Trubisky sucks than it is that he's an intriguing reclamation project.   I don't mind taking a flier on him, if you get him cheap but my level of excitment about him is very low.  Bridgewater to me is like bland food -- not terrible, not good, just so so with a leaning towards worse than so so. 

Having said that I'll watch 5 games of Trubisky eventually.  And I'll keep an open mind.  I've started watching some things and reading some things, so far not much that I've liked.  But I haven't watched a full game and I'll get to it and try to watch 5. 

I did the same for Rosen, did the same for Darnold, did the same for Mariota.  I was more impressed than I thought I would be with Mariota after watching him while I was totally turned off to Rosen and Darnold.    I'll get to Trubisky.  And of course its just opinion on my end, my take whether its the player is good or bad could end up totally wrong but I'll ride hard with my opinion once I arrive on it and likely annoyingly so. :ols:

6 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Because we have a ton of cap space and are desperate. 

Yeah that's my wonder.  The veteran market might end up dry in the end.  It feels like some of these teams who were rumored to trade their veterans are realizing the world ain't a lot of fun when you enter QB wilderness. 

Based on that, does this team sign-trade for the best available veteran who might not be even that good because there aren't other fish in the sea?

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Best way for me to explain my take on Trubisky is its easier to convince me that Trubisky sucks than it is that he's an intriguing reclamation project.   I don't mind taking a flier on him, if you get him cheap but my level of excitment about him is very low.  Bridgewater to me is like bland food -- not terrible, not good, just so so with a leaning towards worse than so so. 

Having said that I'll watch 5 games of Trubisky eventually.  And I'll keep an open mind.  I've started watching some things and reading some things, so far not much that I've liked.  But I haven't watched a full game and I'll get to it and try to watch 5. 

I did the same for Rosen, did the same for Darnold, did the same for Mariota.  I was more impressed than I thought I would be with Mariota after watching him while I was totally turned off to Rosen and Darnold.    I'll get to Trubisky.  And of course its just opinion on my end, my take whether its the player is good or bad could end up totally wrong but I'll ride hard with my opinion once I arrive on it and likely annoyingly so. :ols:

My take isn’t necessarily you’re wrong on Trubisky. Though I do think you underestimate the Nagy factor with him.

My take is more that you are way overvaluing Bridgewater by even saying he’s not terrible.

I think he stinks. I see more athleticism, speed, arm strength on Trubisky than Bridgewater. Bridgewater is Heinicke with less escapability and a better arm. But not by much.

• Like 2

Agree with Kdawg, what I’ve seen of Stafford he’s been a liability. Dread to think how he’d have looked here.

We are pretty much back in the same loop from last year. I will keep throwing Jimmy Gs name into the thread on the basis Mayhew might convince Ron he’s worth a look.

Bridgewater gets us back to the Alex Smith level of QB play and at least we weren't absolute ****ing losers with him. Did y'all see that stat line with all of our QBs on it yesterday during the game? Holy ****ing **** was that bad. Teddy sucks for sure, but there is no gamble there and we have a solid team to put around him. He at the least gets us to wildcard level and allows us to groom a new QB, without giving up any extra resources to get him.

Trade for Carr

Sign Teddy B

Sign Trubs or Mariotta and draft a rookie

Roll with Allen and a rookie or two.

• Like 1

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

Bridgewater gets us back to the Alex Smith level of QB play and at least we weren't absolute ****ing losers with him. Did y'all see that stat line with all of our QBs on it yesterday during the game? Holy ****ing **** was that bad. Teddy sucks for sure, but there is no gamble there and we have a solid team to put around him. He at the least gets us to wildcard level and allows us to groom a new QB, without giving up any extra resources to get him.

Trade for Carr

Sign Teddy B

Sign Trubs or Mariotta and draft a rookie

Roll with Allen and a rookie or two.

While I think Trubisky has more upside than Bridgewater, Bridgewater = Mariota = Trubisky in my eyes. I'm fine with any of them signed as a FA. I'm not fine if they are the 1A option.

• Like 1

Just now, KDawg said:

While I think Trubisky has more upside than Bridgewater, Bridgewater = Mariota = Trubisky in my eyes. I'm fine with any of them signed as a FA. I'm not fine if they are the 1A option.

I can't take another Heinicke-esque season of QB play, with everything else being this good around them. 

Bridgewater at the very least is a solid mediocre. I don't want to gamble on upside without that fail safe on the roster or the hope from a rookie.

I was big on Trubs earlier in the year, but I'm pretty over it.

That said, I see Trubs, Allen and probably Howell heading into next season.

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I can't take another Heinicke-esque season of QB play, with everything else being this good around them. 

Bridgewater at the very least is a solid mediocre. I don't want to gamble on upside without that fail safe on the roster or the hope from a rookie.

I was big on Trubs earlier in the year, but I'm pretty over it.

That said, I see Trubs, Allen and probably Howell heading into next season.

Bridgewater:

image.png.ed88126c9ea1c54688175be5452f3d83.png

Trubisky:

image.png.690d7ea3c237d8f03e6bbaa11d6319d8.png

Stats are never everything. But these guys are close. Upside, in my opinion, is the tie breaker. 

I get other's takes on Bridgewater. I don't agree. But I get it. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, KDawg said:

My take isn’t necessarily you’re wrong on Trubisky. Though I do think you underestimate the Nagy factor with him.

My take is more that you are way overvaluing Bridgewater by even saying he’s not terrible.

I think he stinks. I see more athleticism, speed, arm strength on Trubisky than Bridgewater. Bridgewater is Heinicke with less escapability and a better arm. But not by much.

I know you aren't doing this intentionally, but considering I made a post about man I don't want Bridgewater, I don't see how i am now put in position where I am deemed as a dude who is defending Bridgewater just because I think he's likely better than Trubisky.  So i am not talking about Bridgewater anymore.  It's too odd that my slamming him has become somehow turned to me defending him.  :ols:

As for Trubisky, I got to watch him.  It's not that I haven't watched him play, I have.  But I've done it causally over the years.  I need to dive in hard.   I watched an expose from some guy on youtube that got into all the ups and downs of Trubisky and they came off like they were at least trying to be balanced about him.  I've read a bunch of interviews.  His body language as a player makes me pause sometimes.  Maybe he needs a confidence boost.  He seems like he puts himself on his own couch.  He talked about he reviewed film of himself and can tell he looked stressed and lacked swagger.  In another interview he admitted he struggles at times to read defenses.   In another he talked about what he needs to do to be a better leader, etc.

I've seen some watching him play, happy feet at times, just a jittery looking dude at times.  When some coaches including Gibbs talk about mental toughness being key for the QB spot, I wonder if Trubisky has it.  I am not saying he does or doesn't.  But its rare for me to wonder about it purely by watching a QB's body language and things they've said that make you wonder.   Hyperbole on my end to make a point -- reading about QBs and the interviews they give, with Trubisky in contrast it feels like the dude needs a hug sometimes.  Maybe Rivera specifically would be good for him considering he's the master of positive reinforcement.

But when I talk up dudes like Corral and Howell for just coming off like tough SOBs, I don't get that vibe from Trubisky.  He does come off though as a super nice guy.   But again that's just from an initial blush into him.  My mind might change.

Edited by Skinsinparadise