Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Marrota, Trubisky, and Bridgewater sound like thw level of player we are looking at. I think we got to go bigger. I don't think we can get Wilson, Watson, or Rodgers but I like to go for a Carr or Mayfield.  Those two are better then stopgap level

We're not getting Wilson or Watson. Both have no-trade clauses and there's basically 0 chance that we're on their short list of acceptable teams. Rodgers doesn't have a no-trade clause but he's the kind of dude who woud **** and moan and then refuse to play if he got traded to a team he didn't want to go to.

Carr is possible but I still think it's pretty unlikely that LV trades him. Mayfield I also doubt will get traded.

• Thumb up 1

18 minutes ago, bh32 said:

You guys really need to let the fantasy of Heinicke being a starting QB go..He dosen't have the arm talent to succeed at the NFL level.

You need to let go of the fantasy that Trubisky is actually better than TH. There was a reason the Bears let him go after drafting him in the 1st round 2nd overall and even brought in Nick Foles to compete for the starting position. Let that sink in.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

11 minutes ago, bh32 said:

You guys really need to let the fantasy of Heinicke being a starting QB go..He dosen't have the arm talent to succeed at the NFL level.

I'm not saying Heineke is a starter in this league, he is a stopgap clearly he has no value to any other team and is under contract next year.

I would love to see the team address the QB position in every way possible coming up this off-season. Whether free agency or trade plus drafting someone to learn.

The problem is other QBs having to learn Turners system.  Even Fitz said in the off-season it is different from all of the other offenses he learned in the league.  

Of the available options Watson is the most attractive in terms of QB ability and age.  However we aren't going to pay the price Houston wants, and he is mired in legal problems that have no end in sight.  Probably a pass for the team.

Rodgers isn't coming here.

Wilson has reiterated he wants out of Seattle. I'd love to have him but I don't think he wants to come to Washington.  If he is willing I think he should be who we pursue.

FA quarterbacks are FA for a reason, Mariota or Trubiski could be an improvement I suppose they have to decide from their offers however. Still a lot of time to see what develops, a lot could still change prior to FA.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, zskins said:

You need to let go of the fantasy that Trubisky is actually better than TH. There was a reason the Bears let him go after drafting him in the 1st round 2nd overall and even brought in Nick Foles to compete for the starting position. Let that sink in.

Yet he is still better than Heinicke.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Marrota, Trubisky, Garfalo, and Bridgewater sound like the level of player we are looking at. I think we got to go bigger. I don't think we can get Wilson, Watson, or Rodgers but I like to go for a Carr or Mayfield.  Those two are better then stopgap level player would make problem fo away for 3 or 4 years.

The team definitely needs to aim higher. No team in the NFL was willing to give Mariota a starting job the past two offseasons. That says something. No team was willing to give Trubisky a starting job last year. Bridgewater at least seems like a step up in that he's probably an actual starter in the NFL. But he's the guy you want to replace if you have him. Minnesota has him and let him walk. The Jets had him and chose Sam Darnold instead. New Orleans let Bridgewater walk. And after Carolina had him, Carolina went out and traded for...Sam Darnold. Twice replace by Sam Darnold? Oof! So a technical step up, but only barely. And then Garoppolo. A literal walking injury and not that good when he actually does play. Garoppolo's probably better than Mariota or Trubisky, but again that's not saying much. All of these guys are basically D-level starters at best.

• Like 1

I think Marrota wanted alot of money and that's why he did not get a starting job.  He a bit of an unknown but a large history of injuries. He had a no trade in his contract and I think was only willing to be traded if he got a large pay increase.

Also what would it take to get Watson. Would you be willing to give up sweat, young, and a first round pick. What are those guys worth. I think Watson is 3x Henike alot of are problem would be gone with him. I know we are not better without those guys but we did win when they were out. Watson is perfect for are offense he can run and throw.

Lastly Rogers does know Rivera from UC both alumni. Probably means nothing but you can hope. Maybe if we make Rogers highest paid player in league plus give him some say on offensive players we would have a shot. Man can dream rite. 

Edited by Redskins 2021

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

We're not getting Wilson or Watson. Both have no-trade clauses and there's basically 0 chance that we're on their short list of acceptable teams. Rodgers doesn't have a no-trade clause but he's the kind of dude who woud **** and moan and then refuse to play if he got traded to a team he didn't want to go to.

Carr is possible but I still think it's pretty unlikely that LV trades him. Mayfield I also doubt will get traded.

Carr depends on what the next coach wants.  Cleveland may decide Mayfield isn’t the answer and move on.

32 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Lastly Rogers does know Rivera from UC both alumni. Probably means nothing but you can hope. Maybe if we make Rogers highest paid player in league plus give him some say on offensive players we would have a shot. Man can dream rite. 

Rogers? Carlos Rogers? When did he become a QB? Pretty sure he was on D. I guess man like Rogers could dream indeed. 

4 hours ago, bh32 said:

Let me try. You really need to let the fantasy of a backup QB coming here to be any better than what we have go. We all want the same thing. trubisky, Heinicke, and Allen aren’t the answer. What I do know is that I’d prefer a rookie.

Rodgers

Carr

Trade Up to top 5

That's the best case here. I've been holding onto the sliver of hope that Rodgers won't go to Denver.

Rivera basically loses the team next year because it won't go well running Heinicke or Allen out there. It was supposed to be Fitz and they might make the playoffs with him. 

Too much at stake not to get a QB.

Your best player on O is not getting the ball and Rivera talked about that. Also said they need a deep threat (Dyami) and Samuel to stay healthy to bear support Terry. 

TH has been very good at play-action, so I won't argue that a better QB will significantly improve Gibson's effectiveness. 

McLaurin is a top 5 WR in the NFC.

Gibson has been a top 5 back in the NFC this season.

Thomas is a top 5-10 TE in the league. 

Pass blocking for the OL has graded out elite/top-tier for most the year. 

There's enough there for Rodgers to be happy even without additions. If this team had a QB, it would help everyone...except for Tress Way. 

The scars from the past make me nervous of Rodgers. Something tells me that would end in an expensive disaster. Clearly no grounds to that, just a gut feeling.

TH is under contract in 2022 and Allen is still a RFA so easy to retain. Keep both for now.

We may well look at Mariotta and Trubisky again, although I don’t really see either as a significant upgrade in the medium/long term. Tua may be available but the recent run of wins should inflate that price. Again, is he that appealing? I could role with Tua I think.

Has to be Carr for me as the veteran option. In the draft I’d be going QB with our first pick and would be willing to trade up if possible to get the one I wanted.

We have enough cap space to utilise on other positions, it would greatly help if we had a viable QB in place to entice them I dare say.

• Like 3

The Stafford deal included 2 future 1rsts, correct? I don't think the Rams had one last year.

If that's the case, I offer almost the exact same deal for Carr. 23&24 1rsts and a player (Sweat). Maybe we can make them take Heinicke too.

Edited by Koolblue13

56 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

The Stafford deal included 2 future 1rsts, correct? I don't think the Rams had one last year.

If that's the case, I offer almost the exact same deal for Carr. 23&24 1rsts and a player (Sweat). Maybe we can make them take Heinicke too.

That's like 3 1sts or 2 1sts and 2 2nds, then sign him to a LTD...Ouch, that's too rich for my blood for Carr. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

That's like 3 1sts or 2 1sts and 2 2nds, then sign him to a LTD...Ouch, that's too rich for my blood for Carr. 

Well, that's how you get Heinickes, by being cheap. Then we'll be starting games against division rivals, with playoff hopes by throwing god awful interceptions, that scream "I shouldn't be out here" and crushing the team spirit to the point that they start punching each other again.

That's what it took to get Stafford, that's what it'll take to get Carr.

A rookie would be great and all, but this team, the players, fans and Ron, need to start winning games now and Carr is the best option to do that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Agree, that’s way too much for Carr in my opinion as well.

He's currently the 3rd ranked QB and is firmly in the 8-12 range league wide. 

QB is by far the biggest hole on this team.

That was the price last year for Stafford who is a little better, but much older.

We don't have to worry about the most important position for 5-8 years if we get him and we're instantly a contender.

or we save a few bucks and go with Trubisky or Heinicke again.

or we draft a guy and wait a couple years for him to develop.

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Stupid is what stupid does. Let's not do what the Lions did. Okay!

Edited by zskins

16 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

He's currently the 3rd ranked QB and is firmly in the 8-12 range league wide. 

QB is by far the biggest hole on this team.

That was the price last year for Stafford who is a little better, but much older.

We don't have to worry about the most important position for 5-8 years if we get him and we're instantly a contender.

or we save a few bucks and go with Trubisky or Heinicke again.

or we draft a guy and wait a couple years for him to develop.

I would look to exchange first rounders in 2022, meaning they get our top 10 pick and we drop back to the mid/late round. The value of that move back is the equivalent of a second rounder.

I’d also include our 2022 second rounder and a conditional 2023 pick which could a significant pick depending on the agreed conditions.

14 minutes ago, zskins said:

Stupid is what stupid does. Let's not do what the Lions did. Okay!

What did the Lions do? We're talking about trading for Carr, right? So, wouldn't we be the Rams in this?

5 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I would look to exchange first rounders in 2022, meaning they get our top 10 pick and we drop back to the mid/late round. The value of that move back is the equivalent of a second rounder.

I’d also include our 2022 second rounder and a conditional 2023 pick which could a significant pick depending on the agreed conditions.

So, you wouldn't get Carr then? Because that offer is absurd.

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

So, you wouldn't get Carr then? Because that offer is absurd.

I don’t think it’s absurd, especially if we end up with say the #7 pick in the 2022 draft. It is a conservative offer though, I’d agree on that, one that I would add to slightly if needed. 

Carr has one year left on his deal I think, and the only way he becomes available for trade is because LV want rid of him to start over with a new staff. Overpaying with multiple future first rounders in those circumstances is absurd.

Stafford is not comparable as he wanted out and the Lions granted him an amicable exit.

8 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Carr depends on what the next coach wants.  Cleveland may decide Mayfield isn’t the answer and move on.

I hope Cleveland does something stupid because I'd take Mayfield in a heartbeat. 

Conviced he's jus had an injury played down year and that's not the end of who he is.

Are there legit rumors to Raiders moving in from Carr?  I keep hearing his name, but he's 3rd in the NFL in passing yards, why would Raiders move on from him?

• Like 3