Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

3 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

There are so many FA/soon to be FA available this offseason that I think the price for some of these guys are going to be very low.  

Dalton played on a 1/$3M contract.  I’d look at someone like him (cheap, high floor, low ceiling) to bring to “compete” with Howell. Use the draft and Wentz’s money to build the line, extend Payne, and find a second linebacker.

The problem I have with this that they will need to learn Turner's offence. If that is the case then Taylor is the better option. Think simple and not try to over think it. 

Edited by zCommander
  • Thumb down 1

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Heini and Turner need to go. Gather up your sneakers and head to the couch. The great story is over in Washington. 

New OC can bring in a vet back up they're comfortable with and draft another day 3 QB.

Yeah. I am down with this plan. No reason to break the bank for a retread or first round QB. Howell showed enough to know that he belongs in the NFL. Maybe he wont be a star. But that is OK. You can win it all with competent play at the position if you stack the team around him. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 1/1/2023 at 11:31 PM, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I will live with Howell’s mistakes if he shows he can make plays/throws consistently. 

I still think he has the goods. Just needs the reps. 

If he plays well, I will just be excited for next season. I won’t bother with the “shoulda played him all year” stuff. 

Still sticking with this. Glad he played well, but I’m okay with his sitting until today. It’s just kinda how the season played out. 

Howell has plenty of things that translate to the NFL. We saw them all on display today. So happy for him. And for our fans.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Anybody but Heinicke.

I'm not hiring you, you have no plan lol...

We get rid of Wentz and Heinicke, all we have is Howell as the only QB. Last offseason all we had was Heinicke as the only QB. It was basically the same the offseason before that, when all we had was Haskins as the only QB (Smith was still up in the air if he'd ever play again). And the year before that (lol), all we had was Colt McCoy as the only QB. Is that normal?...It doesn't feel as if it is, but maybe so.

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated

I was not a fan of Howell coming out of the draft but man, loved what I saw today. My baseline with rookies is answering this question: “does he look like an NFL QB?” I think you can tell that answer immediately 

The answer was no immediately for me in regards to Haskins, Beck, and even Zach Wilson in NY 

Howell looked competent and flashed. That throw to Terry was one of best throws I’ve ever seen a Washington QB make in my life. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Roll with Howell for next year. Give him the whole season. Bring in the most uninspiring back up you can think of like Brissett. Taylor cant be allowed back and no other assets should be used 

Why an uninspiring backup?...I'd want a strong backup, one who pushes Howell to be his best and adds competition.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, zCommander said:

The problem I have with this that they will need to learn Turner's offence. If that is the case then Taylor is the better option. Think simple and not try to over think it. 

Well, there is one way to fix that and that is to move on from Turner.  Would that happen?  Likely not.  I understand the point of knowing Turner’s offense though.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Is this the part of the year where we're supposed to start puffing out our chests and boasting on how we called this and that before the season started?

Exactly!  If you think you like Howell, I mentioned him in a thread when he was still in high school.  All praise me! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Why an uninspiring backup?...I'd want a strong backup, one who pushes Howell to be his best and adds competition.

In the sense that I dont want a single soul calling for the back up. 

3 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I'm not hiring you, you have no plan lol...

We get rid of Wentz and Heinicke, all we have is Howell as the only QB. Last offseason all we had was Heinicke as the only QB. It was basically the same the offseason before that, when all we had was Haskins as the only QB (Smith was still up in the air if he'd ever play again). And the year before that (lol), all we had was Colt McCoy as the only QB. Is that normal?...It doesn't feel as if it is, but maybe so.

I don’t think Turner is back, so whoever the new OC is comfortable with that is cheap.  Ultimately just somebody cheap not named Heinicke.

With this likely being Ron’s last stand, I don’t want any big home run swings either.

3 minutes ago, zCommander said:

You are quoting fans who don't know better, the real battered fan syndrome lol

That’s the majority of our fans.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Exactly!  If you think you like Howell, I mentioned him in a thread when he was still in high school.  All praise me! 

I think I was the lone voice when it came to Howell that said I didn't have any desire to even talk about him until preseason rolled around lol...mainly because I knew nothing about him and had stopped investing time and energy into lower round draft picks with potential. Rather talk about them after they start doing something tangible at the NFL level.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I don’t think Turner is back, so whoever the new OC is comfortable with that is cheap.  Ultimately just somebody cheap not named Heinicke.

With this likely being Ron’s last stand, I don’t want any big home run swings either.

That’s the majority of our fans.

Turner will be back. Doesn't make any sense since the team is on sale and it might be '24 before the new owners take fully control. . 

I know you don't like Taylor but we did win 5 games with him and with Turner still on the staff that is like not a bad idea if he needs to come in and hold down the fort, so to speak.