Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

crazy suggestion....avoid being a giant  spazz on any of this stuff until sufficient future evidence confirms the concerns many of us had/have on jd's durability

remaining skeptical is fine, being disappointed is ok (switching over to hopefulness might be better), but spazzing is just spazzing

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

I 100% knew some of y’all would turn on this man the FIRST time he did something you didn’t want. Prayed for days when we had a GM and now that we do, and he doesn’t think what you think, he isn’t the right guy for the job. 

That's part of the job -- we fans have been burned before not to be pushed back with the ES'er chants of "In Ron I trust" or "In Shanny, I trust".

Sorry, after all these dismal years , I think trust needs to be earned.  And I see the current FO going the old " Future is NOW" marketing-splash approach, yet again, rather than taking the patience needed to really rebuild a franchise.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Wyvern said:

BTW, "BraveWarrior" -- I get the sense from your wording that you didn't want me to post anything slightly negative about the current Washington admin.

You can do whatever you want. But it's more credible if you can actually cite what they've done to justify the negativity. I know many of us are still cynical based on what the team has put us through as a fanbase, but the main problem is gone, and I'm not going to transfer my Snyder PTSD to a regime that hasn't even fielded a full team or played a single game yet. We'll know in a few years if this iteration of the team is working or not. In the meantime, I'm going to choose to be hopeful  until they give me a reason not to be because, quite frankly, the constant negativity has been corrosive to the fansbase.    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I mean we took who was the general consensus number 2 pick. And one of the announcers on espn even had jayden listed number 1. Even if he is a bust it’s not a bad pick because all the experts had him going there. I’m ok with it. Welcome to Washington JD. 

Edited by SkinsFanRob
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, BraveWarrior said:

You can do whatever you want. But it's more credible if you can actually cite what they've done to justify the negativity. I know many of us are still cynical based on what the team has put us through as a fanbase, but the main problem is gone, and I'm not going to transfer my Snyder PTSD to a regime that hasn't even fielded a full team or played a single game yet. We'll know in a few years if this iteration of the team is working or not. In the meantime, I'm going to choose to be hopeful  until they give me a reason not to be because, quite frankly, the constant negativity has been corrosive to the fansbase.    

Agreed ... out of fatigue, and the fact I know flame wars settle nothing but eat up time.

Let's wait and see how the franchise fills the holes it created in its roster because it felt so many  Rivera players weren't good enough to be considered for Washington's 2024 roster.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wyvern said:

Sorry, after all these dismal years , I think trust needs to be earned.  And I see the current FO going the old " Future is NOW" marketing-splash approach, yet again, rather than taking the patience needed to really rebuild a franchise.

What part of our process in FA this offseason suggests we're taking a splashy approach to building a roster? I'm legitimately confused by this take.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Wyvern said:

That's part of the job -- we fans have been burned before not to be pushed back with the ES'er chants of "In Ron I trust" or "In Shanny, I trust".

His team hasn’t even played a snap yet. You can’t even wait for them to practice? It’s hubris. You got so used to thinking you knew better than all the people who worked here before, that you can’t even imagine being wrong. Over a single pick who isn’t even in the city yet. 

The crazy part is understand exactly how you feel. I just can’t believe you are confident enough to roll with it. 

• Like 7

It’s a new ownership team, front office and staff and I am going to bury my concerns for now. The decision is made and he’s our QB. I am willing to put trust in Peters and DQ. No point in being negative about it at this point in my opinion. I want to enjoy the rest of the draft and be pumped up for the season. 

Hopefully he lights it up and stays healthy. One benefit of a dual threat qb is they can be a difference maker pretty early on. So we might surprise people.

We can critique his play after he plays some games. For the time being  it’s a clean slate and let’s hope we add some ballers over next two days. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

Anyone else think Goodell is hammered? Either that or jacked up on pain pills.

Ik he just had back surgery. Good for him!

For sure. I literally googled 20 minutes ago Roger Goodell drunk 😂

• Thanks 1

Adonai Mitchell IMO is in that profile of Brian Thomas, poor man's version of him.

But I don't like him as much as most.  Really inconsistent. But he's a freak when he's at his best.   

I've read he's a very mercurial personality.  Has Diabetes 1 and doesn't do a great job taking care of it according to some.

Wonder about him for Jayden though he wouldn't be my top want by a long shot. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

1 hour ago, Wyvern said:

Let's see what unfolds -- Daniels is a KK-style QB, and maybe this time Washington won't wind up as Arizona Part II, or RG3-part 2.

(FYI, I strongly feel KK should take his offense plans back to the NCAA, because they don't seem to work well in the NFL.) 

I'm even more concerned how Peters decided to go with a KK style QB; I've now lost confidence in Peters'bility to pick a decent QB, other than Purdy, who I feel he lucked into. Fortunately, at #2 it's hard to completely blow the pick.

bro, this was from a little over a week ago. wha happun?

Honestly, between our #2 overall pick, a very savvy front office and coaching staff, plus the deep amount of QUALITY prospects at the QB position in the upcoming draft.  ... I'm not worrying at all.  Whatever happens, Washington will emerge from  the 2024 draft  in great shape --either talent and/or draft-pick-wise -- and it will continue its rise to becoming a major force in the NFL ... for years to come.

From what I see, whoever Washington brings in for QB -- they'll have a good group of coaches and trainers to develop and refine that talented rookie as well as the backups, ina very successful, innovative offense.  So, I think 2024 will be an interesting season to watch, and I feel we'll see great progress. 

Folks, this is just the first (and important step) for Washington to arise from the ashes of the "Snyder-Rivera" era.  It's a journey for Washington, but as the rest of the NFL players and agents starts to acknowledge how the Washington franchise is now a premium one AND on the rise -- their journey to success may be quicker than folks expect. 

... Such exciting times ahead!!    ...Great time to be a Washington fan!

Edited by xxprodigyxx
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2