Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

22 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

Definitely does a nice job of illustrating why I'm so distrustful of Daniels. I am utterly baffled at people's insistence on ignoring 80% of Daniels CV, and fixating on what, 20-25% of Maye's. It's very odd. 

It may not matter, but man oh man is the history not favorable to guys w/those kinds of trend lines, the positive to me anyway is that Daniels wasn't awful earlier, like say, Pickett, he was solid to good, but still, it's pretty wild to ignore a giant chunk of a player's cv and fixate on '23 alone which its patently obvious, at least people quoted in media are doing with Daniels, if not the team necessairly. Projecting exclusively off the ideal season is a fools errand the vast majority of time. 

Like many intellectuals, after you soberly evaluate the circumstance of a subject and arrive at your conclusion you're not willing to compromise what you believe, simply to be accepted by the mob.

You value truth, and intellectual integrity. Words that have lost meaning in today's world. 

This opens one to scorn and envy from the mob, whose beliefs and convictions are maleable to suit them whenever circumstances change.

You likewise find it difficult to suspend disbelief-- particularly when logic and reason lead you in the other direction.

You value principle and personal integrity in words, deeds and thoughts. --smh--

These are all absolutely terrible qualities to have in this Hume-ean nightmare we call life.

Following this kind of authentic, valient, even heroic world view, nowadays , will ultimately lead you to a life filled with sadness, madness, and utter despair.

My professional suggestion is that you  drink brown liquor regularly, use hallucinogenics occasionally, and don't take life so seriously.

Choose to live a life of quiet, powerless desperation. Give in to the whims if the moment.

Truth does not exist.

(Yes, of course, this is satire)

@The Consigliere, I disagree with many of your arguments, but I admire the intellectual integrity of the man behind them.

:kowtow:

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheGoodBits said:

Eh I would absolutely not say that. 2012 we had Trent Williams at LT, an aging but still productive Santana Moss plus a very good prime Pierre Garcon at WR. Run game had a 1600 rusher in Alfred Morris. Plus Kyle Shanahan >>> KK.  

Terry and Dotson are good but not great, RBs have more skill, Oline is definitely worse. I think the 2012 team was better.

Idk what to expect with Daniels. I was so ****ing excited for Robert Griffin and remember there was so much said pre draft about his mature passing game. "Not just a runner." Gonna have to take a "believe it when I see it" approach. Honestly I might not fully buy in until he makes it through a full season or even two, bothj unscathed and productive. 

Ill give you Trent but the rest of the OL was nothing special. We didn't have Moses or Scherff yet. Alfred Morris was a 6th round rookie and definition of system back. I'd take McLaurin over Garcon but its pretty even, but there was no other WR worth a damn. TE is a wash(old Cooley vs. old Ertz). Will definitely give you Shanahan over KK though, but at the time Shanahan wasn't really considered the same mind he is now. Most people thought he was a nepo hire.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Ill give you Trent but the rest of the OL was nothing special. We didn't have Moses or Scherff yet. Alfred Morris was a 6th round rookie and definition of system back. I'd take McLaurin over Garcon but its pretty even, but there was no other WR worth a damn. TE is a wash(old Cooley vs. old Ertz). Will definitely give you Shanahan over KK though, but at the time Shanahan wasn't really considered the same mind he is now. Most people thought he was a nepo hire.

They OL wasn't special outside Trent, but they were very well suited for that zone running Offense. Unfortunately, that was pretty much all they could do.

8 minutes ago, TheGoodBits said:

Eh I would absolutely not say that. 2012 we had Trent Williams at LT, an aging but still productive Santana Moss plus a very good prime Pierre Garcon at WR. Run game had a 1600 rusher in Alfred Morris. Plus Kyle Shanahan >>> KK.  

Terry and Dotson are good but not great, RBs have more skill, Oline is definitely worse. I think the 2012 team was better.

Idk what to expect with Daniels. I was so ****ing excited for Robert Griffin and remember there was so much said pre draft about his mature passing game. "Not just a runner." Gonna have to take a "believe it when I see it" approach. Honestly I might not fully buy in until he makes it through a full season or even two, bothj unscathed and productive. 

Actually that 2012 OL was trash besides Trent.  We had freaking Tyler Polumbus at RT.  Kyle has always been masking his OL.  If he has to get in a drop back game, his OL always gets dominated.  No other OL besides Trent on SF's OL would be starters on other lines honestly.  Its their scheme that masks their deficiencies.  

43 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

My gut says Im a fool for eating McDonalds for lunch and expecting to feel good after.  Oh and if Daniels can stay healthy he will be the steal of the draft.

I like Jayden a lot, he’s only behind Caleb and JJ in my opinion, but he’d have to be a hall of famer to be considered a steal if he is drafted #2. Usually steals in the draft are people that outplay their draft position, and to do that after being picked #2 would mean a hall of fame career. I hope your right if he is the pick

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The Consigliere said:

and nothing like the people of Boston to remind you of it ceaselessly. 

I’ve lived in Boston about a decade now. Last year I made the mistake of attending a work party at Lucky Strike the night of the draft. I figured, hey, I like to watch in solitude and really dig into it but some of my employees are football fans, and the draft will be up on huge projector screens, etc. It can’t be that bad, right? One of my employees is a huge Patriots fan and I had to sit with him at the bar as we took Forbes after I was openly ecstatic that Gonzalez was still there…and then his Pats took the guy one pick later. I was miserable 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, FootballZombie said:

He has to keep saying it for the people in the back

Text from tweet:

Reporter: “There’s speculation that you may not want to go to Washington. Do you want to just squash that?”

Jayden Daniels: “I’m blessed to go wherever I’m called. Whoever calls my phone, (when the) commissioner gets up and says my name, I’ll be blessed, and they’re going to get my all.”

Reporter (later): “To clarify, would you be OK being drafted by Washington?”

JD: “Yeah. 100 percent.”

During the lengthy interview, Daniels repeatedly said he’s not sure what to expect tomorrow night and wants to go as high as possible.

One of the top replies to this is:

This is what I mean by people gaslighting themselves (and I will use a different term going forward - just want to make sure I am clear) 

Cause I guarantee the same people that keep bringing it up, will keep bringing it up. Its because they want to dislike him. 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

I also hope if we pick Maye that the JD fans will be supportive.

THIS!!

Please let's come root for the kid. Don't flood the forum with negatives.

Just purge that negative energy from the forum. Be positive expect the best to happen.

We ****ing deserve to be winners again!

For those of you too young to remember you're in for the best period of your sporting life.

Nothing is like the DMV in the midst of a multi-year playoff every year streak with legitimate SuperBowl possibilities every damn year!

I envy those of you thar are going to see this fir the first time.

We timers know what it's like and we're salivating with anticipation.

If thoughts are things and group thoughts are even more powerful things--

Why not try thinking great thoughts and manifesting them?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Same place I've been the whole time.

We come outta this w/ a blue chip QB I'm good. There are several available. Its like having a bunch of fish in a barrel. Can't miss.

If we somehow walk outta without a blue chip QB... I got beef and its everybody's problem.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

THIS!!

Please let's come root for the kid. Don't flood the forum with negatives.

Just purge that negative energy from the forum. Be positive expect the best to happen.

For those of you too young to remember you're in for the best period of your sporting life.

Nothing is like the DMV in the midst of a multi-year playoevery year legitimate SuperBowl possibilities every damn year.

I envy those of you thar are going to see this fir the first time.

We timers know what it's like and we're salivating with anticipation.

If thoughts are things and group thoughts are even more powerful things--

Why not try thinking great thoughts and manifesting them?

Would you say DC is still a football-first city even with the much more recent success of the Caps/Nats? As in would the atmosphere of the city be much crazier withe Commanders in the playoffs/winning it all vs. when the caps and nats did it?

• Like 1

I will talk myself into whoever we pick and root for them like crazy.  They all have their pros and cons and they all seem like good dudes who put in the time. 

Think it's a pretty good situation to walk into for a change. 

Edited by Hooper
  • Like 6
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, WashingtonRedWolves said:

Would you say DC is still a football-first city even with the much more recent success of the Caps/Nats? As in would the atmosphere of the city be much crazier withe Commanders in the playoffs/winning it all vs. when the caps and nats did it?

YES! You wont believe what this city is like during a Super Bowl run. It is utter insanity. 

• Like 5

To be fair to JD supporters, I haven't seen any 'you'd have to be crazy/blind/stupid to pick Maye over JD' or 'If we pick Maye over JD I'm done with the Commanders' style comments from that faction, those only seem to come from the most hardcore Maye fans.

But if we pick JD over Maye I have HAD IT with GMAP, he's gotta go. Just saying. But I'll root for JD. For the 3 plays he's in before getting snapped in two. I'll be all in for those 3 plays. Unless he gets wrecked in exhibition games and will never walk again. Or throws a slightly wobbly pass on that first windy practice day. But I hope he's great. He BETTER BE AWESOME OR ELSE. Just saying.

Wut.

Edited by Dah-Dee
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Based on the tea leaves -- which are some very weak tea leaves -- it will be JJ if not JD.

I'm sure the pundits and fans will have fun with that.

Me? I would admire the cajones of GMAP.

Edited by Hooper
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

YES! You wont believe what this city is like during a Super Bowl run. It is utter insanity. 

Love this, I was born in 93 so I truly don't know what it was like, but have heard tales of what you describe from family members. It would be amazing to witness this firsthand since I work downtown, and many of my co-workers are Cowboy/Eagle fans

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

This.  Those other comparisons will pale in comparison.  There is nothing I’ve seen in this area like it. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

To be fair to JD supporters, I haven't seen any 'you'd have to be crazy/blind/stupid to pick JD over Maye' or 'If we pick JD over Maye I'm done with the Commanders' comments from that faction, it's only come from the most hardcore Maye fans.

But if we pick JD over Maye I have HAD IT with GMAP, he's gotta go. Just saying. But I'll root for JD. For the 3 plays he's in before getting snapped in two. I'll be all in for those 3 plays. Unless he gets wrecked in exhibition games and will never walk again. Or throws a slightly wobbly pass on that first windy practice day. But I hope he's great. He BETTER BE AWESOME OR ELSE. Just saying.

Wut.

Yeah I think all the JD supporters are great with Maye. It’s the other side that seems to have a few detractors of Daniels. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, WashingtonRedWolves said:

That is a great question!

Unfortunately, I'm not the guy to answer it.

I no longer live in the city or even in the surrounding suburbs.

In the last 20 plus years it's been the caps fans who imho have been the most loyal and vociferous.

Honestly, I don't know how long a true bounce back in interest and enthusiasm will take.

But it will not be decided by any of the timers.

It's gonna be people in their 20s 30s and 40s-- with young energy and disposable income to spare, that will either bring this fanbase back, or allow it to wither and die on the vine as we old timers one by one slowly move on to that final game...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Tangential, but: I feel like going from a DS ownership to Adam Peters and DQ is like karma shock therapy, lol. It's about time this team attains some general good luck.

Call it what you will, not a lesson in metaphysics, but this franchise desperately needs some good juju for once. People know what it looks like, we had it in spades during Gibbs 1.0

For the first time since '99 I feel like the conditions are ripe for success, the team just now has to go and make it happen on the field. 

Edited by sinews
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

I also hope if we pick Maye that the JD fans will be supportive.

Hooper has directed his castigation of "biases and narratives" to the JD critics. 

I loathe lazy and simplistic bias in particular, in any argument. "Narrative" often gets used in a presumptive pejorative sense when of course the word is really a neutral term. I prefer using the term "false narrative" or applying some sort of appropriate qualifying adjective in front of the word. Some false narratives are promulgated with knowing, deliberate intent. That's the worst.

Most here that are false, to whatever degree,  will be the product of a bias with the presented  arguments getting repeated and expanded until they are more a whole tapestry of arguments considered truth, though they may largely still be legitimately debated and. countered 

Over the course of the thread I've seen all of that from some hard liners in both the JD and Maye camps. So it's not one-sided, though the sides making the most noise has switched places back and forth over time.

Overall, while still full of internet opinionator hijinks, it's actually been one of the better QB debate threads we've had in quite awhile. 👍

Sure beats the ____ out of the Heinikie and Howell daze. 😁

Just to add to this: I don't think yall know (or appreciate) how difficult what we do here actually is. Getting so many people from so many diverse backgrounds in one room is difficult enough. But to have them debate something that really has no definitive answer with any kind of intelligence and grace is next to ****ing impossible. I read and write on like a 3rd grade level compared to @The Consigliere but because of what we are able to do here, even I was able to learn something (lots actually) from our back and forth. I started by calling him biased and we ended at yea he is biased and he should be and I understand it. We all are in some way its how we make choices. 

Anyway. Im in a loving mood so I wanted yall to know I think very highly of most of you and you should be proud of yourselves even if we dont always agree. This **** is not easy to do and we do it well imo. 

37 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The real question is if the scheme will be as good. We were running one of the best and least complex (from our QB perspective) schemes the league had ever seen. I doubt very seriously what we run this season can compare. But if it can......hoooo boy

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Anyway. Im in a loving mood so I wanted yall to know I think very highly of most of you and you should be proud of yourselves even if we dont always agree. This **** is not easy to do and we do it well imo. 

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5
  • Thumb up 1

37 minutes ago, Conn said:

I’ve lived in Boston about a decade now. Last year I made the mistake of attending a work party at Lucky Strike the night of the draft. I figured, hey, I like to watch in solitude and really dig into it but some of my employees are football fans, and the draft will be up on huge projector screens, etc. It can’t be that bad, right? One of my employees is a huge Patriots fan and I had to sit with him at the bar as we took Forbes after I was openly ecstatic that Gonzalez was still there…and then his Pats took the guy one pick later. I was miserable 

I can't believe I'm going to have to spend likely the rest of my life dealing with Pats fans celebrating Maye's career. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Getting so many people from so many diverse backgrounds in one room is difficult enough. But to have them debate something that really has no definitive answer with any kind of intelligence and grace is next to ****ing impossible.

At the end of the day we all want the same thing. Regardless of our background the goal is To win another Super Bowl. I am getting older now. I need one more before I go on to whatever is on the other side. We are due imo. 

• Like 1