Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

21 hours ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I said the same thing they will want 1 or 2 round pick

Which is a price that would get them laughed out of the building. He's a UDFA who's started a grand total of 3 games with 3 TDs and 2 INTs. His value at this point is almost solely to the Ravens because they're already a running QB team with Jackson. Unless another team wants to completely retool their whole offense around a running QB then there's no point in spending much of anything for Huntley.

I'd be truly shocked if they got offered any more than a 6th for him. Which again wouldn't be worth it for them since he actually fits their offensive philsophy. 

• Like 1

Trade our 1st and 3rd this year plus a 3rd next that can escalate to a 2nd to Vegas for Carr and their 1st (currently we would drop from 9 to 18) (maybe throw in Deron Payne and work the picks side a bit)

Extend Carr for 4 years

Trade up in year 3 of Carrs deal to draft a QB.

Become Kansas City East

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, daveakl said:

Trade our 1st and 3rd this year plus a 3rd next that can escalate to a 2nd to Vegas for Carr and their 1st (currently we would drop from 9 to 18) (maybe throw in Deron Payne and work the picks side a bit)

Extend Carr for 4 years

Become Kansas City East

If they move him that's not bad, I think it 50/50 he moves. You think they take an offer of first and payne or will we have to offer more to get him.

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

from the Athletic

Screen Shot 2022-01-03 at 5.43.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-03 at 5.43.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-03 at 5.45.10 PM.png

Wilson wife may be getting into his ear as well about moving with her career.

Edited by Redskins 2021

7 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

If they move him that's not bad, I think it 50/50 he moves. You think they take a first and payne or we have to give more.

I think it depends on Mayock. If he is gone you have a new gm, new coach, and a team that probably needs to rebuild. If your starting over there, extending Carr doesn't make a ton of sense.

Now what is his value? I guess it depends on who goes after him.

Vegas probably trades him to the NFC so philly, Giants, Carolina, New Orleans, ?Vikings maybe?

I want to see Seattle flip Wilson for picks then go get Watson. That would be such a baller move. 

2 minutes ago, daveakl said:

I think it depends on Mayock. If he is gone you have a new gm, new coach, and a team that probably needs to rebuild. If your starting over there, extending Carr doesn't make a ton of sense.

Now what is his value? I guess it depends on who goes after him.

Vegas probably trades him to the NFC so philly, Giants, Carolina, New Orleans, ?Vikings maybe?

I want to see Seattle flip Wilson for picks then go get Watson. That would be such a baller move. 

I just got a feeling nyg going to get Wilson. The two first round picks a thrid and D. Jones play him for the year. Then they will draft one of.the big QB in 2023 if jones does not work in Seattle.

• Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

If they move him that's not bad, I think it 50/50 he moves. You think they take a first and payne or we have to give more.

50/50?

Based on what?  

I asked earlier and I'll ask again, what evidence is there that the Raiders want to move on from Carr? 

What impact will making the playoffs have on that? They are tied with chargers for last seed in AFC, they could make it.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

50/50?

Based on what?  

I asked earlier and I'll ask again, what evidence is there that the Raiders want to move on from Carr? 

What impact will making the playoffs have on that? They are tied with chargers for last seed in AFC, they could make it.

If they change coaching staff  or they don't want to pay him. If they can get one of the big 3 Wilson, Rodgers, or Watson are the only way I could see Carr move. 

Edited by Redskins 2021

1 minute ago, Redskins 2021 said:

If they change coaching staff  or they don't want to pay him. If they can get one of the big 3 Wilson, Rodgers, or Watson are the only way I could see Carr move. 

Yea, like none of that makes a lick of sense.  Watson hasn't played in year, Rodgers and Wilson are both older then Carr. 

Id like to see any indication they don't want to pay him, because I haven't seen it yet.  All indications are he doesn't want to leave Vegas and is waiting until their cap situation improves before signing an extension to keep from a low first year cap number.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32369755/sources-derek-carr-discuss-contract-extension-las-vegas-raiders-season%3fplatform=amp

I really should jus let this go, but it bothers me seeing his name come up like folks will be upset if we don't get him.  This isnt like the Stafford situation at all that I was so heavily invested in last year.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

50/50?

Based on what?  

He is in the last year of his deal with zero dead money if the trade him.

IF Mayock is gone as GM you have a entirely new front office / coaching staff that either has to decide in 2-3 months that they want Carr for 4-5 years or they can move on and set the table to draft someone next year. 

That being said, if they beat the Chargers and get into the playoffs then Mayock probably stays, hires a coach that wants Carr and this is all pointless. lol

1 hour ago, daveakl said:

Extend Carr for 4 years

Become Kansas City East

I would do this in a heartbeat but they are going to fetch more than that for Carr.  Very wishful thinking that we would get their 1st in exchange for ours, and 2 3rds.

Maybe our first and 2 thirds, with us only getting Carr in return, not their 1st.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I would do this in a heartbeat but they are going to fetch more than that for Carr.  Very wishful thinking that we would get their 1st in exchange for ours, and 2 3rds.

Maybe our first and 2 thirds, with us only getting Carr in return, not their 1st.

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/history-of-quarterbacks-traded-for-first-round-picks-01dxjx4jr1bj

Not sure where Carr would fit in on that list but us giving up the 9th (current spot) would be one of the highest gives to date.

Swap 1st, 2 3rds, Payne for Carr with the 3rd next year escalating all the way to a 1st if benchmarks are met could be possible?

11 hours ago, daveakl said:

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/history-of-quarterbacks-traded-for-first-round-picks-01dxjx4jr1bj

Not sure where Carr would fit in on that list but us giving up the 9th (current spot) would be one of the highest gives to date.

Swap 1st, 2 3rds, Payne for Carr with the 3rd next year escalating all the way to a 1st if benchmarks are met could be possible?

I think it'll have to be much closer to the Stafford deal, which was 2 future 1rsts. 

I'd do 23&24 1rsts and a player (Sweat) for Carr and a 22 2nd. I think that's the best shot.

There will be a ton of teams bidding for him.

Carr would be very good for us but I can’t imagine Vegas wanting to do much business with this organisation at the minute. Unless they are glad behind closed doors and feel we did them a favour with Gruden.

Vets - The interest in Mariota and Trubisky must carry over into the offseason you would think.

I mean, all that aside, we just need to draft a QB. Top 10 range pick, take a QB. Add one of those vets above. Retain TH and Kyle Allen on cheap contracts and let them got at it.

Hardly back breaking resource to achieve that and it’s a damn sight better in terms of potential moving forward than we have right now.

Edited by UK SKINS FAN 74
  • Thumb up 1

At this point I'm more interested in Howell/Corral than I am Carr as I think Carr may not be available and if he is the asking price will be multiple 1s.

I still think Carr should be explored, though. 

And there's no guarantee we get Howell or Corral. Or even Willis. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

At this point I'm more interested in Howell/Corral than I am Carr as I think Carr may not be available and if he is the asking price will be multiple 1s.

I still think Carr should be explored, though. 

And there's no guarantee we get Howell or Corral. Or even Willis. 

We've got to land one of those 3 no matter what.

49 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Vets - The interest in Mariota and Trubisky must carry over into the offseason you would think.

I mean, all that aside, we just need to draft a QB. Top 10 range pick, take a QB. Add one of those vets above. Retain TH and Kyle Allen on cheap contracts and let them got at it.

I am in agreement with this suggestion minus Allen.

TH is already signed and still seems to have the allegiance of some of the players and staff

Mariota and Trubisky are guys that have talent and want another chance to start. They both got recharged holding the clipboards, watching and learning the game more. 

WFT has shown interest in both and they should be able to be signed to a reasonable contract.

For next year having TH, one of the two vets and a rookie to sit and learn feels most ideal. 

• Like 1

I would love to see us get Mariota on a 3-4 year deal with the bonus money largely in years 1-2/3 and year 3/4 having no cap hit if traded or released. 

You can pretty much insert any of the 25-40 ranked qbs onto this team and be a couple plays away from 9 wins and a couple plays away from 5 wins. (Its like that for most teams in the league)

Get a 12-25 ranked qb and the spread moves to 7-11.

Get 5-12 and your 8-12.

Top 5? 10-14

38 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I am in agreement with this suggestion minus Allen.

TH is already signed and still seems to have the allegiance of some of the players and staff

Mariota and Trubisky are guys that have talent and want another chance to start. They both got recharged holding the clipboards, watching and learning the game more. 

WFT has shown interest in both and they should be able to be signed to a reasonable contract.

For next year having TH, one of the two vets and a rookie to sit and learn feels most ideal. 

Yeah I’m not bothered about Allen to much degree, other than he is a Restricted Free Agent still and therefore easily brought back on minimum salary, or thereabouts. Cheap offseason insurance policy if nothing else.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Yeah I’m not bothered about Allen to much degree, other than he is a Restricted Free Agent still and therefore easily brought back on minimum salary, or thereabouts. Cheap offseason insurance policy if nothing else.

Yeah, I get it. I just find him so inferior to the other options.

• Like 1