Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

14 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'm aware it's about the QB.  But I'm saying, if it was a QB that people liked (or, at the very least, wasn't so polarizing) then Terry bailing them out wouldn't be used against them.  

Obviously if the QB was good he wouldn't be criticized for a bad ball or two. Struggling to see what you're getting at here.

Bias? If there is bias, it's because he stunk.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

It's really weird that the Colts haven't cut Matt Ryan yet.

Guessing they’re trying to pretend they aren’t as desperate for a QB at #4 overall as they obviously are, as they explore trade-up options. Or he’s waffling on retirement and it’s better for their cap if he does? Not sure 

• Like 1

Which of the following quarterbacks would you want, based off of their appearances in the last 3 seasons?  Here are their averages over the span of a 17 game season (passing top, rushing bottom):

QB 1:

image.png.e56d2dde3a1082888c1c33ca61719d0f.png

image.png.8f9f55b681f552ea6d040a13d8a4a05e.png

QB 2:

image.png.d4148dac9b44aec77d91f86e571e94a0.png

image.png.e4d37725fd39b525bdff001583149edb.png

QB 3:

image.png.9339e36ef779b9f3d04bfc03c2917da5.png

image.png.fbc53ff37bb5f8d98165c63a411ffeaf.png

QB 4:

image.png.3cebc18762caf941ea386b7bd94f0403.png

image.png.d2c802b3b4bab418a3900e47b2700ccd.png

QB 5:

image.png.0318dddf0c6897f5ee11ee39a0956838.png

image.png.ee4f903c47f6f26cbd13b20ddf208a97.png

QB 6:

image.png.cd2a82f2f05d49b831fdc96135e9fa1f.png

image.png.6ef8d761542af2eb3c75d58e0e3bea9d.png

Edited by DJHJR86

Folks on the Falcons board are, for the most part, glad to have him as a solid backup.

Which is how most everybody here taking criticism from the likes of Koolblue and Jumbo viewed him.  It's a shame to take **** from board members and mods for being a fan of a player, even when harboring realistic expectations of that player.  The gloating now that he's gone from those few is just a bit ****ed up.

Anyway, I'm glad Heinie got paid and gets to go back to his hometown, and I hope we can get a suitable cheap backup.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

I wonder if Flacco is going to retire.  Another free agent I completely forgot about.  Would not be upset with that move.

i thought i read somewhere where he said he'd only play close to his home front which is Jersey, so only NY or Philly

3 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

If you can't beat Jacoby Brissett in a competition, that's a huge red flag.

totally agree, i don't agree with Ben's take that Dalton and Brissett would clearly beat Sam out for #1.....I don't see that.

Edited by Command The 414

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Imagine if we gave him that kind of deal?

I’m sure it’s heavily incentive laden based on him getting starts, winning, etc.  But still, I’m shocked at the headline #.  

I heavily disliked the health management strategy he deployed once he got a deal.  But I must tip my cap, it worked for him.

Imagine If we give that kind of deal to what's left out there. Stick with the Draft, go with Howell. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Even worse to me than Heinicke.  As much as I was down on Taylor, I did agree with the Hive that he played better than Wentz.

Yup. And two more yups. What a waste of time and money 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

I'd think we'd be fortunate to get Bridgewater.

Our new Wentz? come on down join the list of others that got busted up here.  

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Big time.   66.5% career completion rate.  Almost 2:1 TD to INT ratio.  High character guy.  Has some sneaky mobility.  Is 30 so not that old.

Just another cast off has been to get busted up here and head to retirement with Dan's money. 

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

You don't want your backup QB also being injury prone though.

He get busted up here they all do.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Much happier than signing [REDACTED]

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

confused-gif-6.gif

Come on down, maybe he will sign for 1/2 14mil. what a bargin.

1 hour ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I'm trying to imagine the, um..."atmosphere" here if we signed Mayfield lol...

Taylor setting the market for the castoffs.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Folks on the Falcons board are, for the most part, glad to have him as a solid backup.

Which is how most everybody here taking criticism from the likes of Koolblue and Jumbo viewed him.  It's a shame to take **** from board members and mods for being a fan of a player, even when harboring realistic expectations of that player.  The gloating now that he's gone from those few is just a bit ****ed up.

Anyway, I'm glad Heinie got paid and gets to go back to his hometown, and I hope we can get a suitable cheap backup.

Backup QB is one of the most important positions in the game. And you don’t realize till you don’t have one. Hope we land a Dalton or Bridgewater.

• Like 1

I'd say QB should be on our radar #1 now that we have only one and the run may start w/backups possibly.  I say Brissett, if we will can make the effort to afford him, then Dalton.

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Command The 414 said:

i thought i read somewhere where he said he'd only play close to his home front which is Jersey, so only NY or Philly

totally agree, i don't agree with Ben's take that Dalton and Brissett would clearly beat Sam out for #1.....I don't see that.

20 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Are you looking for a top half of the league starting caliber Qb as your backup?

Never, would like to stick with the draft. But I do not want the same old sign the other team's castoffs, when does it stop? would have been happy to keep h.... for the time being as abackup but he got more money then anyone expected. None of these QB's you guys want would have done any better behind our line last year.  NO was 7/9 last year. 

20 minutes ago, CommanderCarson said:

Backup QB is one of the most important positions in the game. And you don’t realize till you don’t have one. Hope we land a Dalton or Bridgewater.

Hope we pass on those losers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Wow! $7M/year for Heinicke??

Good for Taylor, seriously. He was essentially out of the league and now has got legitimately life-changing money, especially if he sees both years of the deal.

Plus, since he’s back in Atlanta, he can get paid millions in the NFL *and* sleep on his sister’s couch! Win-win!

As for us, I’m a little concerned about Taylor’s number inflating the backup market. Of the guys that are out there, I’m assuming Brissett and Mayfield will be too expensive. 
Mariota I’d be very interested in but if Taylor is at $7M, what does Mariota pull in? I want to sign a guy for 5 or less.

• Like 3