Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at The Third Forgotten NY Football Team

TK

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Are you kidding Myles Garrett is a BEAST. 4 sacks today. Hes an All Pro and DPOY candidate. 

Agree on Clowney though.

Yea I kinda had high standards based on his hype. Chase was touted as can’t miss, most complete, highest graded etc. I was thinking Lawrence Taylor, Reggie White, JJ Watt, Donald type of disruption. 

1 minute ago, 86 Snyder said:

On what planet are Garrett and Clowney the same caliber of player?

They aren’t but they way Chase was hyped up, he should be better than both but he isn’t. He’s definitely worse than Myles and more akin to Clowney if even.

3 minutes ago, dyst said:

Haskins really hurt us because we missed on the pick + we kinda didn’t draft QB the next year either because the team wanted to see more of him.

Our stupid ****ing owner and his son wanted Haskins so bad that they didn't even pay attention to the following year. The year of the QB class. Dan has always set his own team back years and years...20+ so far and counting. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, CRobi21 said:

BMitch going off on Del Rio and Turner.

Always the voice of reason.

yeah it’s clear that coaching is a huge issue at the moment. When players aren’t giving it their all, which none of them are doing, it is always a form of self preservation. They know they are not being put in a position to succeed. 

I wonder if any of the reporter's have got the **** to ask Rivera what is going on with his so called super defense. 33 points per game, 7/10 on opposing teams 3rd downs, embarrassing, pathetic, ridiculous etc I could go on. My guess is the reporter's with ask questions that keep them in a job. 

3 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

The Allen/Beasley show crushed us today.

Wait until Mahomes/Kelce gets a crack at our defense. 

As for Chase, if he is to be criticized for today's performance, what should we be saying about Sweat? I don't recall hearing his name called once. Was he even dressed? 

Sweat will skate more than Young simply because people didn’t say he was generational. 

Right now Chase is Preston Smith but with higher expectations. Still can’t believe someone compared him to Rak who had 11 sacks year one and 8.5 year two. 

I will say it again: Young has the tools and the ability to be what people thought. But 1) he needs to develop more moves and use them. 2) he needs a better LB corps. Behind him and 3) he has to realize he hasn’t arrived yet and have focus.

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, markmills67 said:

I wonder if any of the reporter's have got the **** to ask Rivera what is going on with his so called super defense. 31 points per game, 7/10 on opposing teams 3rd downs, embarrassing, pathetic, ridiculous etc I could go on. My guess is the reporter's with ask questions that keep them in a job. 

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

They won anyway.  But instead of taking a knee, then a TO, and kicking a game winning FG from the 1, they got a TD, missed the extra point, and put Patrick Mahomes back on the field with 34 seconds. 

I mean, it worked.  But damn they made it harder than they needed to.

An all-world QB can cover a lot of dumb ****. It’s our only hope, really. 

• Thanks 1

I thought the O-line looked good all day. Cosmi is really having a strong start to the season. Payne had an awesome first half (didn't really see him in the second half). Other than that, this was one of the worst games in recent memory. Just horrible all around.

I really hope we take a hard look at JDR. This defense might be overrated but no way in hell they should be this bad. The freakin Falcons held the Giants to 14 points...