Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at The Third Forgotten NY Football Team

TK

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

I do for the first time ever think that if Rivera were to not work out, as long as Wright and his side of the FO was left intact, we might actually see the first real, thorough GM/HC search this team has ever conducted that leads to an innovative and deserving regime rather than one hand-picked before the process even started.

I'm in on that. steves been saying it. It's over.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

Ron is done. He's loved by the NFL. He doesn't mess with either coordinator. Has 2 GMs. Beating cancer was his victory lap, which isn't a knock. He's got Gibbs II vibes now. 

Pretty astute analogy.  You can tell he just has no clue how to fix any of this.

• Like 2

Disagree that William Jackson has been good. I don’t think he is as bad as PFF rated him thus far which is abysmal level bad but he’s not been hot IMO. Maybe better today? I don’t know but at least I haven’t heard his name yet.

I actually flat out said in the post you quoted that the defensive tackles were an exception so yeah you aren’t disagreeing with me on that 

Just now, markmills67 said:

This is what happens to teams that give a RG 15m for 1 year knowing that he is gone after this year 😠and add that to the 16m we've got atm, maybe we could have signed an above average LB 😠

I don’t think they were in the market for a LB as much as we can’t comprehend that thought. We came away with… No one. I know Milano signed but there were so many options and we just said, “what we have is good!” Embarrassing, really.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

It’s actually a thing. You push too hard and start forcing throws into tighter spots than are there. It’s still a player flaw and needs to be corrected and he has to be held accountable. But you can try too hard. To use numbers it’s like this: you usually try 100% of the amount you can. But when you press you’re trying 125% of your best and your engine overheats.

I agree, it’s real. He’s been throwing wonky balls the whole game though and it’s an easy out for people who look past all his flaws. He’s fun, but there needs to be intellectually honest conversation around his skill-set and for some posters it’s just not possible. That post of mine you quoted is mostly just exasperation towards that mindset. Someone either has to suck or be the savior, it’s hard to have an honest healthy conversation about the in-between. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hdf561 said:

Lights out the party’s over!!!!!!! I wanted them to win but deep down I knew they wouldn’t which is why I bet the Bills to win outright. 

Only positive about this teams current condition I keep making money off of them. 

You doing an in-game parlay?

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

I agree, it’s real. He’s been throwing wonky balls the whole game though and it’s an easy out for people who look past all his flaws. He’s fun, but there needs to be intellectually honest conversation around his skill-set and for some posters it’s just not possible. That post of mine you quoted is mostly just exasperation towards that mindset. 

Sure. And no excuses because he is a low end starter/pure backup QB in my mind. But when one unit is flailing the other unit generally will follow suit. Mood/performance is contagious. You may overcome it a few times but eventually it spreads. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I don’t think they were in the market for a LB as much as we can’t comprehend that thought. We came away with… No one. I know Milano signed but there were so many options and we just said, “what we have is good!” Embarrassing, really.

The most embarassing here is that both Rivera and Del Rio have been playing LB.

• Sad 2