Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things defense

ThomasRoane

Guys I do get the concern and I’d be lying if I wasn’t somewhat concerned. But there’s no game planning. It’s Mahomes who is going to do this to most teams he faces in the regular season. And right or wrong, some guys main mission is getting out not injured. I’ll be concerned if I see it week one  against Jax. Then I’ll be legit concerned. 

43 minutes ago, CommanderCarson said:

Guys I do get the concern and I’d be lying if I wasn’t somewhat concerned. But there’s no game planning. It’s Mahomes who is going to do this to most teams he faces in the regular season. And right or wrong, some guys main mission is getting out not injured. I’ll be concerned if I see it week one  against Jax. Then I’ll be legit concerned. 

They gameplan. It’s not an involved gameplan, but they practice getting things together and packages they may run in an actual game against them. This is why Howell was taking scout team reps.

1 hour ago, CommanderCarson said:

I have to be honest. Some of you have to be tired of saying “it’s just preseason” every year. I have not seen anything to suggest that this is going to be a good season. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

I know it's only preseason, but I worry it's a schematic issue at this point and Del Rio doesn't know how to adjust. Yes, we got better on third down in the back half last season, but I got a feeling this is Ron being too loyal to Del Rio. My God, Vic Fangio is out there. Ron has to have some regrets. 

Edited by Hooper
  • Like 3

I think the key lies with 99. If he has a bounce back year coming off his injury and does what we all think he is capable of this defense is going to look a lot better. But with him even playing decently this defense is going to have very significant issues on third down 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Okay so are we at point where majority of people believes pre season does mean something? I personally think it means jack, and if we were shutting people out I’d say same thing. Players want to get in and out before they are carted off with major injuries, it’s just not the same. 

That doesn’t mean I think we will be good but I just don’t believe it means much at all when it comes to regular season results. We’ll see once the season starts. 

We have a defensive coach and ex LB and a D coordinator, also a LB... that cant actually draft a good LB or build a D worth a damn... our O is sub par, and we are down to trading for QB retreads that nobody wants and get similar results.... its like we are cursed with bad ownership and coaches... but hey, at least our culture is good now 

45 minutes ago, CommanderCarson said:

Okay so are we at point where majority of people believes pre season does mean something? I personally think it means jack, and if we were shutting people out I’d say same thing. Players want to get in and out before they are carted off with major injuries, it’s just not the same. 

That doesn’t mean I think we will be good but I just don’t believe it means much at all when it comes to regular season results. We’ll see once the season starts. 

As I’ve said, with this team; negative preseason trends have continued to manifest in the regular season. Year after year and that isn’t changing this year.

6 hours ago, KDawg said:

They gameplan. It’s not an involved gameplan, but they practice getting things together and packages they may run in an actual game against them. This is why Howell was taking scout team reps.

Yeah, but it is still preseason

7 hours ago, CommanderCarson said:

Very true but still hurts when it's consistent with last year.

6 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Meh yeah gonna be a long season.

YES! I love the optimism! 

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

We don't have LBs or Safeties that can run with athletes downfield in space. 

Just want to quote people hating on Curl, who posters think should be an MVP

1 hour ago, Drock_VB said:

It’s safe to say this organization has been trying to build a top tier defense.

Great job on that 😂

But without any linebackers and secondary guys. The d line needs time to get there. We give all receivers free releases and in man we can’t keep up and in zone we get destroyed. It’s a horrific scheme. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, No Nonsense said:

I have to be honest. Some of you have to be tired of saying “it’s just preseason” every year. I have not seen anything to suggest that this is going to be a good season. 

Folk do this every year with "it's just preseason", and then the season starts and they start slow and what we saw in the preseason wasn't a fluke.  All these slow starts every year aren't coming out of thin air.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CommanderCarson said:

Just our guys apparently, because it didn't stop the Panthers and Chiefs starters from looking competent.  

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

For the first time in a while our offense is going to be humming and our defense is going to let us down consistently. Gonna be a tough season and likely this coaching staff’s final one.

I still don’t think I’ve seen, read or heard anything showing the Offense is going to be consistently any good.

• Like 2