Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: 2021 Preseason - Washington Football Team @ New England Patriots

zCommander
Message added by TK,

image.thumb.png.74ffd521092fe3f4bae75d218b1df7db.png

5 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Who would think that Steven Montez would be the only QB with a TD tonight. True, he was facing mostly 2nd-3rd stringers at time but would've been nice to see Fitz or Taylor with a TD also.

We got what we needed out of this game.

His TD pass was niiiiice....so was his 2-pt pass attempt.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

So… my way too early it’s the first preseason action take is that linebacker is still the biggest weakness on the team.

Bostic… missed a bunch of tackles, over ran some plays.

Holcomb.. catch tackler. Athletic. But same as last year. Decent player who still has growth potential. 

Jamin looked a little lost when he was out there. Especially in coverage. He should acclimate but if he takes time to come around our backers are dog **** again. I hate that we didn’t get a second one to go with Jam. 

Seeing that Pittsburgh traded for Joe Schobert during the game was frustrating. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

I can’t read through 40 pages. How did Chase look tonight?

Like Chase.

Seriously. Not trying to be cute.

I was away from the game, when they overturned AGG's catch.

On what possible basis, could they have overturned that with ?

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

44 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Actual Joe Theismann quote:

"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."

https://alumniandfriends.tufts.edu/news/smart-moves

In 1992, ESPN Sportscaster Joe Theismann took some gentle flack for what seemed like an on-air flub. "The word genius isn't applicable in football," he said. "A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."

Everyone made fun of Theismann for not knowing the first name of history's most famous scientist. But he defended himself: There was a Norman Einstein—he was a valedictorian in their New Jersey high school. And Theismann had found him "very intelligent."

Norman Einstein, M73, studied physics at Rutgers University (yes, his professors teased him about it) and medicine at Tufts. He spent twenty-eight years as an emergency room physician at Catawba Valley Medical Center in Hickory, North Carolina. Now retired, he's still making smart moves—as well as thoughtful ones. He recently pledged $400,000 to set up a scholarship program that will provide up to $10,000 a year for up to four medical students at a time. The scholarships will be for the neediest students, on top of what Tufts would already provide for financial aid.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

Dude... the list of preseason heros, especially RB/WR is long.  Most didn't make the team...

I agree...I actually like Lamar Miller and even the Williams guy looked good. Patterson on the PS to start the season makes a ton of sense to me. We have good veteran RB's in this camp and Fitz needs vets around him in pass protection. 

A lot to like tonight. I worry about the OL and really didn’t like what I saw out of jamin, but I’m hoping both come together in time. Hopkins has been very good for us, yes he’s “cost us a few games,” but what kicker hasn’t. That being said, wtf was he doing tonight??

love fitzmagic, love heinecke, it’s such a breath of fresh air to have high IQ, athletic qbs who can work off script. 

The wr cut is going to be toughhh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

Dude... the list of preseason heros, especially RB/WR is long.  Most didn't make the team...

Agreed.  That said, the amount of the work they gave him gave the impression they want to give him every opportunity.  For one night, he answered the bell.

1 hour ago, BleedBNG said:

Young made it look easy.

But Payne made it look hard. Twice on the same play.

I know they're acting on instincts there, but after Payne whiffed on the first recovery attempt, you would think especially on the 2nd attempt he'd then decide to just fall on it.

But he attempts a 'recover & run' a 2nd time.

1 hour ago, ExoDus84 said:

My biggest takeaway from the game is that Bill Belichick sired Joe Dirt. 

His son has the most shameful mullet I've seen in a long while.  

1188519360.jpeg

If anyone should be wearing a Bll Bellichek hoodie, it's his son.

Cover that up, young man 😃

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Thumb down 1