Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: 2021 Preseason - Washington Football Team @ New England Patriots

zCommander
Message added by TK,

image.thumb.png.74ffd521092fe3f4bae75d218b1df7db.png

Can we all just agree that we hope chase is #99 for his career. That was an epic choice. I pray that he doesn’t go single digits. Taylor at #36 was unique. I don’t know why I grow attachments to numbers but I do. It just looks right. It’s unique to them and their accomplishments as such young players. I hope he keeps it. 

• Like 1

This team sort of gives me the 2005 vibes.  Aging veteran QB looking to show he still has some left in the tank, good defense and an emerging running game around him.   I think the team can be good, but is another offseason of additions from being great.   The huge difference is that the 2021 team is in much better position for the future than the 2005 team was. 

11 minutes ago, Veretax said:

Question for our Oline couch sitters.

I dunno, early in the game, when Taylor was in, It looked like our oline had no juice.  THey seemed almost too relaxed, and often were set already up high,.  Now I don't know if our coaches want different things, or maybe that's a tell that a quick pass is coming, but the drive we got 6 on, they seemed more... gruff and brutal in the trenches.

Yes, something changed between series. Their pass sets were quicker and the were fire stepping off the ball on runs.  They looked good.