Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Tailgate Statement

pez

es_banner_s.jpg.f692462382855b8728369a6c8848a287.jpg

Hey all... been away for a bit, but ready and raring to go for the new season! I will be posting the first ES Tailgate post in quite  a long time in a day or two, but wanted to reach out to all of you.

The Extremeksins tailgate started around 15 years ago. We noted a lot of people wanting to gather together before games or other events, but not much came out of it... hence the forming of the ES Tailgate (all started off with the original extremeskins cloth banners). While Huly and I helped kick things off, this IS NOT our tailgate.... this is your tailgate. We helped (with the aid of others) get the ball rolling and helped manage it over these years, but we do not own it. THIS IS YOUR TAILGATE !!! The past year and a half has sucked, due to COVID, we have lost friends, and due to nuttiness in the Redskins (yeah I said it) organization, we have lost fans. This has affected the tailgate as well.. Many of you who attend the tailgate know we lost a dear friend in Mike Hernick... a core member. Captain Kaos a long time member is also in the hospital fighting for his life. Some folks decided it was time to retire as season ticket holder's when everything blew up with the team. We have lost some members, and it sucks.

But here is the thing... everything goes through highs and lows. Our team is escaping the ashes and is becoming something to contend with. After some hard body blows, it is time for our tailgate to do the same. I am looking for new blood to help carry on the Extremeskins Tailgate. I am looking for people who want to be core members and help run this group. Huly and I will still be there, along wit ha bunch of other familiar faces.. We want to see new faces, new ideas and new energy!

Please let me know if you want in!

HTTR My Brothers and Sisters!

PEZ

Edited by pez
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 8

Im pinning this post for a while so hopefully everyone gets a chance to see it.  @pez and @Huly are great fans and greater people.  If you haven’t visited the ES tailgate I encourage you to do so.  Introduce yourself and eat all their food.  Leave nothing behind.  Have fun.  Demand extra napkins. Take pictures and post them here.  

If you’re going to be a fan, you might as well take part in the community aspect and get the whole experience.  

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

For me, the "sign" that football was officially "back", was when people started screaming "CUT HOPKINS !"

I think there were some screaming that in April lol...

The Pez and Huly tailgating threads always put a smile on my face and put me in the right football mood even though I've never attended one.

• Like 1

Thanks for keeping this going as it is a tradition and was always fun and welcoming to me and my friends when at games.  Unsure if making a game this year but will definitely stop by if i do.  Sorry to hear of the losses and sick, this past year and a half has been a real donkey kick to the nads.  With strength in numbers, we will survive this.  Keep up the great work as it is truly appreciated!

I dream of the day when coming in for home games from the Midwest is something I can do with ease. For now, sending good vibes that the tailgate, which has always welcomed me and friends/ my boys continues to be a great place for pre and post game drinks, food and a game of Cornhole or catch. 

On 8/14/2021 at 1:11 PM, bowhunter said:

If I can make a game (or two) Is there some reserved parking just for our tailgates?

Kind of. 

We scoped out our spot, in the Redzone lot, with the teams manager whose in charge of parking. They even put down a large Extremeskins logo'd decal at the spot. (It didn't survive the season😅).

Enough of us get there early enough to claim the spots in that area. If you're facing the stadium, it's at the far right hand side, next to the road. It's behind the players lot, separated by a small patch of woods, and it's really close to the stadium, adjacent to the Platinum lots.  Pez will include direction's,  in the ES Tailgate thread, about a week ahead of the game.

FB_IMG_1568374731242.jpg

Edited by Skinsfan1311